Why not draft..........

Magstuff

Jake Long with the 3rd pick?

Then we could draft the best available QB left on the board with the 3rd pick in the 2nd round. You have to think Henne, Flacco. or Brohm will be there with that pick. I am just not sold on Matt Ryan being the 3rd overall pick. If we take him and he doesn't pan out, it would set our franchise back worse than the Mike Vick fiasco did.

We could be set up with a sweet draft. If we take Long 1st, and they do indeed trade D-Hall, we could take the best availble corner with that 1st round pick. It could be Talib, Rodgers-Cromartie, or Jenkins. Then take the QB with the 1st of or second round picks, and Forte with our 2nd second round pick.

That would be 4 solid picks.

like a week ago i was 100% wv draftin ryan, but now i think it is good to draft long- he is physically gifted- he lead all lineman in the bench press wv 37- which is very good for a lineman- and we got rid of gandy plus weiner is gettin older- so i think we shud draft long and put him at RT, n shove weiner to LT

magstuff (2/23/2008)

Then we could draft the best available QB left on the board with the 3rd pick in the 2nd round. You have to think Henne, Flacco. or Brohm will be there with that pick. I am just not sold on Matt Ryan being the 3rd overall pick. If we take him and he doesn't pan out, it would set our franchise back worse than the Mike Vick fiasco did.

We could be set up with a sweet draft. If we take Long 1st, and they do indeed trade D-Hall, we could take the best availble corner with that 1st round pick. It could be Talib, Rodgers-Cromartie, or Jenkins. Then take the QB with the 1st of or second round picks, and Forte with our 2nd second round pick.

the 5th pick in the second. Hate to be picky.

texasbirdfan (2/23/2008)
magstuff (2/23/2008)

We could be set up with a sweet draft. If we take Long 1st, and they do indeed trade D-Hall, we could take the best availble corner with that 1st round pick. It could be Talib, Rodgers-Cromartie, or Jenkins. Then take the QB with the 1st of our second round picks, and Forte with our 2nd second round pick.

Why is that? If we won the coin toss, and pick 3rd in the first round, why do we pick 5th in the second round? Just curious.

magstuff (2/23/2008)
texasbirdfan (2/23/2008)
magstuff (2/23/2008)

We could be set up with a sweet draft. If we take Long 1st, and they do indeed trade D-Hall, we could take the best availble corner with that 1st round pick. It could be Talib, Rodgers-Cromartie, or Jenkins. Then take the QB with the 1st of our second round picks, and Forte with our 2nd second round pick.

Why is that? If we won the coin toss, and pick 3rd in the first round, why do we pick 5th in the second round? Just curious.

Yea I was wrong on that before myself. In the case of the dead heat tie we rotate with the 2 other teams in the final 6 rounds. It was debated here earlier in the week that we would at least get the 3rd pick in the second if we lost the coin tosses.