So Somebody Please Tell Me What Has TD Done To Garner This Blind Faith From The Masses

Statz.

1. He's not Petrino.

2. He came from the Patriots (anyone else have the sense that Kraft essentially did his friend Blank a huge favor by recommending him? That maybe that had more to do with the VTC hiring than anything else?)

3. He's not Petrino.

4. He actually has a philosophy on how to build a team, and this philosophy meshes with the coaching staff.

5. He hasn't done anything YET to suggest that he is incompetent, other than not at least trying to get trade value for Crumpler.

As for blind trust... I don't blindly trust anyone. I may give him the benefit of the doubt as far as rebuilding the Falcons goes, but that's his job. He better do his best.

It's not blind faith...It's just plain regular 'il faith....and I would guess the top reasons he has that faith is ..a) He's our GM regardless if we like it or not B) He came from a great organazation c) He's un-proven as GM...he's never suceeded in this role before but he's never failed either d) We want him to do well because that means our team will be doing well

896710541073565.jpg

'No Sir. I dont like it'

I'm not a big Dimitroff fan. But hopefully his decisions work out for us in the long run. I know I will be thoroughly ticked off if he doesnt get good value for DeAngelo Hall.

Being that this guy was a head college scout, I am seriously excited to see how our draft goes. I think we'll have a much better feel for guy after the draft (or during).

mbrizzle (2/23/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/23/2008)
I personally think he's gonna be as dumb as Mckay if not worse.

I personally think it's stupid to call McKay dumb.

So do I....in fact, I have to admire someone who got a promotion as a demotion...and who became President as he was "stripped of some of his duties"............the only way you can become President of an organization and be "stripped" of any duties, is if you used to be CEO or Chairman of the freaking Board........that was the best spin I've seen in a long time. Dimitroff runs the draft...under McKay....typical structure, McKay is right where he wants to be.

july425 (2/23/2008)
So do I....in fact, I have to admire someone who got a promotion as a demotion...and who became President as he was "stripped of some of his duties"............the only way you can become President of an organization and be "stripped" of any duties, is if you used to be CEO or Chairman of the freaking Board........that was the best spin I've seen in a long time. Dimitroff runs the draft...under McKay....typical structure, McKay is right where he wants to be.

With a glad handling Dim wit in tow.

july425 (2/23/2008)
mbrizzle (2/23/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/23/2008)

I personally think it's stupid to call McKay dumb.

Why would Blank remove Mckay as GM only to let him retain GM duties? So he just wants to pay TD for no good reason. He's telling us that TD makes the final personel calls, but secretly he told them Mckay really does. OMG teh conspiracy! :o

:laugh: These crybabies come up with this rehashed conspiracy theories and don't even have the common sense to think it through. If Blank wanted Mckay to stay GM he wouldn't have gone to all that trouble of removing him, searching for a new GM, interviewing and then paying TD.

statzondeck (2/23/2008)
I keep seeing people say he knows what it takes to build a winning team. How? Because he was a scout on a cheating organization? The same people praising TD were the same people praising Petrino.
Wow. Your 5th post huh? With the stellar powers of perception and acute insight into the inner workings of the Falcon organization that you obviously have I'm sure the entire board is waiting breathlessly until you bestow some of your nuggets of wisdom upon us again.

Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/23/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/23/2008)
Me too
And you both base this on what? The Tarot cards that you are both pulling out of your azz when you have your sleepover?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...