3-4

phil shatkin

alright there has been talks about us getting a dt in the first round....personally i think that is a waste of a pick. We need a qb thats the bottom line. And for the defense i think we should move to a 3-4, sign grady jackson again(one of the biggest to clog the middle) and then sign vilma. Vilma, brooking, demario, and boley (if we sign him) for lbs and abraham, grady, and anderson for the line.

phil shatkin (2/23/2008)
alright there has been talks about us getting a dt in the first round....personally i think that is a waste of a pick. We need a qb thats the bottom line. And for the defense i think we should move to a 3-4, sign grady jackson again(one of the biggest to clog the middle) and then sign vilma. Vilma, brooking, demario, and boley (if we sign him) for lbs and abraham, grady, and anderson for the line.

1st DMO( demorrio) is not on this team, 2nd Abe is a OLB in the 4-3, so we would still need a 3-4DE, MLB( vilma is injury prone).

JUST SAY NO T 3-4, and Smith runs a 4-3, and you have been sippin that ESPN kool aid, because Matt Ryan SUCKS.

ok first of all a QB would be a waste of a first round pick because their are so many athletic qb's, matt ryan is not our answer. DT is a good first round pick because our defensive line would be superior against the run and thats what we need to win games. 3-4 wouldnt work because Boley and Demorio are free agents and Vilma has injury records and Brooking is fine.

Crazy Trav (2/23/2008)
ok first of all a QB would be a waste of a first round pick because their are so many athletic qb's, matt ryan is not our answer. DT is a good first round pick because our defensive line would be superior against the run and thats what we need to win games. 3-4 wouldnt work because Boley and Demorio are free agents and Vilma has injury records and Brooking is fine.
LOL. don't say anything stupid. You WILL get eaten up by a lot of people on this board.

phil shatkin (2/23/2008)

Sorry but this is not Madden....why you think Vilma has struggled....he is not a 3-4 MLB....it wont work....Vilma is most effective when he is under a 4-3 scheme....and did you say Grady...as in Grady Jackson? I really hope you did'nt.

phil shatkin (2/23/2008)
i thought grady jackson was very effective when he played, he had a considerable amount of tackles for loss and when he played our run defense was a lot better

It doesnt matter...he is no longer here....stop wasting our time...sit back read posts...and learn....then you can say something smart.....thats what I did.

phil shatkin (2/23/2008)
hmmhmh i dunno about that....considering some of you have no idea what ur talking about...example demario williams is still on the team

who is demario williams?? 1st his name is demorrio williams. Now you want to get flamed. 1st of all you need to check your facts. TD said to DMO that he should test the FA market( we aint resigning you)

NEVER QUESTION SOMEONES FANHOOD.

**21*Brooklyn Skull*21** (2/23/2008)
phil shatkin (2/23/2008)
i thought grady jackson was very effective when he played, he had a considerable amount of tackles for loss and when he played our run defense was a lot better

It doesnt matter...he is no longer here....stop wasting our time...sit back read posts...and learn....then you can say something smart.....thats what I did.

thats what i did also, but it does not hurt to post( after you get that 50posts), and be wrong, because you only learn more from it.

GEORGIAfan (2/23/2008)
phil shatkin (2/23/2008)

thats what i did also, but it does not hurt to post( after you get that 50posts), and be wrong, because you only learn more from it.

True...but he only posted 11.

GEORGIAfan (2/23/2008)
phil shatkin (2/23/2008)

tell you the truth, i think you should only be allowed to make threads if you have 50posts. pretty much no noobs making posts, think they know something.

GEORGIAfan (2/23/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/23/2008)
phil shatkin (2/23/2008)

tell you the truth, i think you should only be allowed to make threads if you have 50posts. pretty much no noobs making posts, think they know something.

Thats a real good idea...it wont wast our time...or put us in meaningless conversations.

phil shatkin (2/23/2008)

Vilma has been granted permission to shop for another team because he hasn't transitioned to the 3-4. He's a 4-3 LB. We don't have the DEs for a 3-4 either. Abraham left the Jets because he didn't like being an OLB. He's too small for a 3-4 DE. Of our current front seven, only one player would fit that scheme.

• 2 weeks later...
phil shatkin (2/23/2008)

Where do I start? Alright, here we go, We do need a QB just not one with 19 ints. Alright, Vilma was traded to the Saints, Demorio Williams signed with the Chiefs and Abraham is a 4-3 type of DE. He plays with speed more than power which is needed from a DE in a 3-4 scheme. Those would have been excellent line backers for that scheme though and you had the right idea with Grady Jackson. If in that scheme I would go with Abraham as a outside LB and play Chancy Davis and Anderson as the DE's because they are more run stopping DE's. The 2 DT's that will be available at the #3 pick will be very Warren Sapp type DT's.

phil shatkin (2/23/2008)

Your right here. 2 years ago, he led the NFL in tackles for loss. That was his first year with us. See, I do know what I'm talking about. I can't speak for everyone though.