Williamson, Hall on Fins' trade radar

cshot4

NFL SCOUTING COMBINE

Williamson, Hall on Fins' trade radar

Vikings receiver Troy Williamson and Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall are seeking trade partners at this week's combine. link>http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/429806.html

trade d hall to Fins' for their 2 2nd rd picks (33 & 59 overall) plus

2004 1st rd pick Vernon Carey OT Starting LT, better suited as RT or guard

Vernon Carey #72 Tackle Miami Dolphins Height: 6-5 Weight: 335

Born: Jul 13, 1981 - Miami, FL

College: Miami (FL)

Draft: 2004 - 1st round (19th pick) by the Miami Dolphins

I really like the idea of sending him to the dolphins for the 2 second rounders. That would be the best deal we could ask for. Hall goes to an AFC team and we get 2 great picks. Those two picks equal a first round pick 32, and a medium second round pick. We can get a lot of value with those picks. I wouldn't even mind trading down from 3 to a mid round pick if some team is willing to give up a bunch for Mcfadden (if he is there).

THAT one I'd take in a heart beat.

That's two likely starters in the draft (in 2009 if not this year), and a starting RT. I mean, it's POSSIBLE that we'd get a better offer, but otherwise, this is a no-brainer. If it's really being offered, and there are no better ones on the table, I'd snatch it up before they got wise.

PLUS, it's to an AFC team.

Rock AKA RyanFalcon34 (2/23/2008)
I really like the idea of sending him to the dolphins for the 2 second rounders. That would be the best deal we could ask for. Hall goes to an AFC team and we get 2 great picks. Those two picks equal a first round pick 32, and a medium second round pick. We can get a lot of value with those picks. I wouldn't even mind trading down from 3 to a mid round pick if some team is willing to give up a bunch for Mcfadden (if he is there).

Can you imagine if we did?

Think of all those high draft picks, getting drafted together and beginning their careers together. With proper leadership, that group could gel and form a nucleus to dominate for years. In two years they'll practically know what each other is thinking.

Then again, in four years, all their contracts will be coming up at the same time...