In this Draft who fits the New Falcons Management System the Best???

FalconCrazy

The important thing in this draft is to figure out who fits the System of Coach Smith, Mularkey, and our new GM? Look back last year and you can see in fairness to the scumbag Petrino who left us, we had very few players that fit his system and needed to blow it up after Vick was lost due to his legal problems.

He needed a big back, speedy receivers, and big offense line to fit his system. In college you can change the players alot faster then you can in the Pros and he was a sorry### and was not going to be patient.

Our New GM loves to build the lines, especially Defense..... and he loves a very smart QB, and hard hitting Safetys

Coach Smith loves athletic defensive Linemen, athletic safetys, and knows we need a big grind it out back for his offense to keep the defense fresh which means we need big Offensive linemen.

Coach Mularkey seems to be into Big running backs, large offensive linemen, and a great blocking Tight end to fit his system. I think FB Mughelli will flourish in his sytem of play.

So here is my take on the Draft and who I think they will target first...........

Round 1 first three in order............

Glenn Dorsey LSU is our first choice

Matt Ryan BC second choice if Dorsey gone

Jake long Michigan if other two are off the board

If we trade Deangelo Hall for a first round pick

Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon or Mendenhall Illinois

Derek Phillips Safety out of Miami

Other possibilities that I think that are on their board are.......

Pat Sims DT Auburn

Chad Henne QB Michigan

Paul Johnson QB Tulsa

Sam Baker OT USC

The question is to all, what five players in the first two rounds do you think fits the MO of our Management team best?? If we have four picks in the first two rounds here is my Mock of those players.........

1# Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

1# Stewart RB Oregon

2# Sam Baker OT USC

2# Chad Henne Michigan or Paul Johnson QB Tulsa

Or this could work

1# Matt Ryan QB Boston College

1# Stewart RB Or Mendenhall RB

2# Sam Baker OT USC

2# Pat Sims DT Auburn

FalconCrazy (2/23/2008)
The important thing in this draft is to figure out who fits the System of Coach Smith, Mularkey, and our new GM? Look back last year and you can see in fairness to the scumbag Petrino who left us, we had very few players that fit his system and needed to blow it up after Vick was lost due to his legal problems.

He needed a big back, speedy receivers, and big offense line to fit his system. In college you can change the players alot faster then you can in the Pros and he was a sorry### and was not going to be patient.

Our New GM loves to build the lines, especially Defense..... and he loves a very smart QB, and hard hitting Safetys

Coach Smith loves athletic defensive Linemen, athletic safetys, and knows we need a big grind it out back for his offense to keep the defense fresh which means we need big Offensive linemen.

Coach Mularkey seems to be into Big running backs, large offensive linemen, and a great blocking Tight end to fit his system. I think FB Mughelli will flourish in his sytem of play.

So here is my take on the Draft and who I think they will target first...........

Round 1 first three in order............

Glenn Dorsey LSU is our first choice

Matt Ryan BC second choice if Dorsey gone

Jake long Michigan if other two are off the board

If we trade Deangelo Hall for a first round pick

Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon or Mendenhall Illinois

Derek Phillips Safety out of Miami

Other possibilities that I think that are on their board are.......

Pat Sims DT Auburn

Chad Henne QB Michigan

Paul Johnson QB Tulsa

Sam Baker OT USC

The question is to all, what five players in the first two rounds do you think fits the MO of our Management team best?? If we have four picks in the first two rounds here is my Mock of those players.........

1# Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

1# Stewart RB Oregon

2# Sam Baker OT USC

2# Chad Henne Michigan or Paul Johnson QB Tulsa

Or this could work

1# Matt Ryan QB Boston College

1# Stewart RB Or Mendenhall RB

2# Sam Baker OT USC

2# Pat Sims DT Auburn

It's Kenny Phillips.....not Derek.....Just letting you know before some jerk on this board flames you.....that is all

here are my 4 (and then i just kept going):

1-003) Jake Long, OT-Michigan - smart, team guy, aggressive, does not make mistakes(2 penalties in four years) and just dominates.

1-031)(DeAngelo trade-NY Giants) Joe Flacco, QB-Delaware - yes, many scouts are projecting Flacco moving into bottom of first round per Peter King/CNN-SI. He's the franchise QB after sitting the bench in year one - i know many will disagree - but for anybody that thinks Flacco will be available in mid 2nd to 3rd round - think again.

2-037) Pat Sims, DT-Auburn - he has better size(6'4", 314lbs) than both Dorsey and Ellis and is more similiar to size of Marcus Stroud and John Henderson of Mike Smith's Jags.

2-048) Charles Godfrey, CB-Iowa - he has great size/speed (6'1", 208lbs) and will be similiar type prospect as Rashean Mathis of Jags.....better fit for Mike Smith's defense than DeAngelo anyway.

3-066) Phillip Wheeler, MLB-Georgia Tech - here is our playmaker in middle of Falcons defense. Big, fast and strong

3-095)(DeAngelo trade-NY Giants) Jamal Charles, RB-Texas - he's got great size(6'1", 205lbs) and speed 4.40/40. He could be gone here - if so, look at Matt Forte

3-099)(Patrick Kerney comp. pick) Roy Schuening, OG-Oregon - just plug him in for Falcons as 8year starter.

Guest JBopper
Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/23/2008)
Farmer (2/23/2008)
You're getting ridiculous on this racial stuff

And yes I know.....God bless you too.

With God all things are possible.

If you only practice what you preach

I like all these picks but while I like Flacco I think he is a bigggg Project and the team that drafts him needs an established Quarterback who will be retiring in a few years and will help groom him into the position Henne and Ryan have the experience to start in 2009 or 2010 for this team.

The other would be the Texas RB Charles, I do think he is a sleeper but if you watched his interview and the reason he came out early is that he thought it was a weak RB Class and I do not think he is polished enough to start right away as a stud RB

When Drafting RBS because of their short longevity I think you draft for a guy who will be ready to play Day 1 especially with the Falcons situation. But a 4th Rounder I can see that :)