Hall to Cowboys for both first round picks?

dirty_bird_rison (2/23/2008)
There is no intelligent argument out there to convince any knowledgeable fan that D-Hall isn't a stud, just s-h-u-t-u-p.

It's not about his potential as a player - at least not entirely.

Knowledgeable fans know that Hall won't be dealt for 2 first rounds picks. Won't happen - don't get your hopes up.

mcmvp (2/23/2008)
There is no intelligent argument out there to convince any knowledgeable fan that D-Hall isn't a stud, just s-h-u-t-u-p.

It's not about his potential as a player - at least not entirely.

Knowledgeable fans know that Hall won't be dealt for 2 first rounds picks. Won't happen - don't get your hopes up.

no offense but no "Knowledgeable fan" would have though the falcons would have got as much for Schaub as they did, and not only that for him to be paid the big money that he was paid.

While I do think getting 2 first rounds IS a bit much to expect, Hall Is a 24 year old corner who is among the best overall athletes in the NFL. Players with his ability do not grow on trees, and if a team ( like dallas) who needs another corner may look at everything and pay more then what "Knowledgeable fans" think he is worth.

again that said 2 first rounds sounds like a bit much

but so did trading back 2 spots in the first round and giving two second round picks including a huge contract to a qb with honestly bad career numbers who has never won a game as a starter.................... and that happend

People were saying a first and a 3rd for Schaub - or even a 1st and a 2nd - I said no way. I said you may get that value - but if the deal was for multiple picks, one of them wouldn't be a first. Which was the case.

The flopping of 8 & 10 was only 100 points of value (equivalent to the 100th overall selection - high 4th round value). For all you know, Houston wanted to move down 2 slots anyway to get a guy they wanted (that they knew would be there) and not have to pay 8th pick money to.

You guys basically got a 2nd and a 4th in 2007 and a 2nd in 2008 for Schaub. Great value.

But QBs are worth more, and despite what half this board felt about him he was highly thought of around the league in terms of leadership and ability.

Hall plays CB - a high profile position but less valuable than QB. He has the ability, but also has other questionable characteristics that are attached to him.

Again - you may get 2 low firsts in value (player/picks) - but to get the value vs actually getting the 2 first round picks are completely different things. First round picks are gold.

I hate to see Hall go, but it looks like that it is going to happen. That being said, the Falcons have to determine his value in a trade scenerio. I have heard all the rumors swriling on NFL network and ESPN, and nothing has really jumped out at me as a fan. I would like to know what Jerry Jones thinks about the possibility of adding D-Hall to the Cowboys secondary....the Cowboys are a superbowl contender coming into next season, and D-Hall is exactly the type player they need to move over the hump. The addition of Hall to the Cowboys secondary (weak to say the least) would make them the consesus favorite to win it all next year. In return, the Cowboys have two first round picks....both in the mid to late 20's. D-Hall for both first rounders works out for both teams. Jerry Jones is the type of owner that knows and appreciates what a Deangelo Hall can bring to a team that is knocking on the door of another championship.......this is the trade we should be selling as fans.
Throw in Marion Barber and lets go!
grendel (2/23/2008)
walrus falcon (2/23/2008)If we do end up getting two first round picks for Hall, I suppose we could trade one of them to somebody for a first round pick next year and some later round picks this year. That could solve the not being able to sign three first rounders issue.

Why do people think it would cost more to sign 3 1st round picks (2 of them in the 20's) than it would to sign our #3 pick and give Hall a new contract? The 2 late-round picks plus the #3 pick will probably only cost a little more than Hall's new contract.

Well, grendel, I have no answer to your question. I have no idea how much any of it would cost, I assure you. But, if we end up with three first round picks, would trading one of them for a future first round pick (and some later picks) not save us some money?

I don't like the 2 1st rounds and Marion Barber for Deangelo Hall and our #3 pick at all. It would take both of their #1's plus more just to get up to the #3 position. So in essence we are giving them DeAngelo Hall for Marion Barber straight up and that is not really all that great of a deal. give me 2 1sts, a 2nd or 3rd, and Marion Barber and you may have something going.

I dont know why there are so many BUZZ killers in the forums!! We had a miserable year no doubt! Our coach walked out with 4 games left, and the clearly the players werent plaing for him even when he was there; we shouldnt expect win in those circumstances so its a miracle we won 4 games last year. The draft is 2 months away and there is no doubt in my mind Hall will get traded its just who gives us the best deal. As complicated as it looks trading is farley simple the team that wants the player low balls the team that has the player like offering a bag footballs for him and they proceed from there and neg. Bottom line Hall will be traded and we will get value for him because its time to clean up and clean out the franchise.

mcmvp (2/23/2008)
jbresette (2/23/2008)
give me 2 1sts, a 2nd or 3rd, and Marion Barber and you may have something going.

Yeah, on Madden maybe

I'm not saying that will happen, i'm just saying that is what would make the deal fair. No way do they get Deangelo and the #3 draft choice overall for Marion Barber and two late 1st rounders.

jbresette (2/23/2008)
mcmvp (2/23/2008)
jbresette (2/23/2008)
give me 2 1sts, a 2nd or 3rd, and Marion Barber and you may have something going.

Yeah, on Madden maybe

I'm not saying that will happen, i'm just saying that is what would make the deal fair. No way do they get Deangelo and the #3 draft choice overall for Marion Barber and two late 1st rounders.

I hear you now - I was thinking you weren't including your own 3rd pick overall in the deal. I must've read it wrong. I thought you wanted all of that for Hall - in addition to keeping your 3rd overall pick.

If you are trading your #3 it is worth 2200 points. Dallas' 2 firsts are worth a combined 1440 - leaving 760 left over they need to come up with. 760 is the 23rd pick overall. Is Barber worth that? To some perhaps - I think he's more of a 2nd rounder. So yes, I'd say get Barber and a 3rd or 4th.

Which just won't happen. It would be great for you - terrible for them.

I hate to see Hall go, but it looks like that it is going to happen. That being said, the Falcons have to determine his value in a trade scenerio. I have heard all the rumors swriling on NFL network and ESPN, and nothing has really jumped out at me as a fan. I would like to know what Jerry Jones thinks about the possibility of adding D-Hall to the Cowboys secondary....the Cowboys are a superbowl contender coming into next season, and D-Hall is exactly the type player they need to move over the hump. The addition of Hall to the Cowboys secondary (weak to say the least) would make them the consesus favorite to win it all next year. In return, the Cowboys have two first round picks....both in the mid to late 20's. D-Hall for both first rounders works out for both teams. Jerry Jones is the type of owner that knows and appreciates what a Deangelo Hall can bring to a team that is knocking on the door of another championship.......this is the trade we should be selling as fans.

3 Pro bowlers in the secondary = weak? LOL

The 'Boys would like to add a corner, but they have stated the prices appear to high on the market. If you guys are going to make a point, please be real.

mcmvp (2/23/2008)
jbresette (2/23/2008)
mcmvp (2/23/2008)
jbresette (2/23/2008)

Yeah, on Madden maybe

I hear you now - I was thinking you weren't including your own 3rd pick overall in the deal. I must've read it wrong. I thought you wanted all of that for Hall - in addition to keeping your 3rd overall pick.

If you are trading your #3 it is worth 2200 points. Dallas' 2 firsts are worth a combined 1440 - leaving 760 left over they need to come up with. 760 is the 23rd pick overall. Is Barber worth that? To some perhaps - I think he's more of a 2nd rounder. So yes, I'd say get Barber and a 3rd or 4th.

Which just won't happen. It would be great for you - terrible for them.

Trading down with Baltimore first so they can grab their qb would give us another early pick. Baltimores 8th slot is worth 1400 points or the same as the Cowboys....