Rank these QB's for the past 3 years

Many of these guys haven't even played very long or at all, but my guess would be:

(adding Brohm)

1. J. Cutler - I think he has the "it" factor, as well as a strong arm with developing accuracy; Very Favre-like

2. B. Brohm - Possesses uncanny accuracy and arm strength that is plenty good enough

3. J. Campbell - Put up some big numbers when the coaches stopped being conservative

with the play-calling

4. B. Quinn - Hasn't played yet, but was very productive in an actual pro-style offense at Notre Dame

5. J. Russell - Has all of the measurables, and I think he'll put up numbers, but something is missing

6. M. Lienart - Had a good year for a rookie, but struggled mightily in his new coach's offense

7. M. Ryan - Has measurables, but has very inconsistent accuracy and threw a lot of INTs

8. V. Young - Has the athletic ability, but he really stuggled in the most basic offense I have ever seen

9. A. Smith - Had potential, but having a different offensive coordinator in each year of his career has vastly hurt his development

JRob215 (2/23/2008)
Many of these guys haven't even played very long or at all, but my guess would be:

(adding Brohm)

1. J. Cutler - I think he has the "it" factor, as well as a strong arm with developing accuracy; Very Favre-like

2. B. Brohm - Possesses uncanny accuracy and arm strength that is plenty good enough

3. J. Campbell - Put up some big numbers when the coaches stopped being conservative with the play-calling

4. B. Quinn - Hasn't played yet, but was very productive in an actual pro-style offense at Notre Dame

5. J. Russell - Has all of the measurables, and I think he'll put up numbers, but something is missing

6. M. Lienart - Had a good year for a rookie, but struggled mightily in his new coach's offense

7. M. Ryan - Has measurables, but has very inconsistent accuracy and threw a lot of INT

8. V. Young - Has the athletic ability, but he really stuggled in the most basic offense I have ever seen

9. A. Smith - Had potential, but having a different offensive coordinator in each year of his career has vastly hurt his development

I like Brohm, but that is insanely overrating him. He could end up being great, but no way can you rank him above half the guys you did before he even takes a snap.

Vince Young is a darkhorse in this. He was great his rookie year, and had a sophomore slump. If he had a breakout year, no one would be surprised. But if he miserably failed, no one would be surprised.

JRob215 (2/23/2008)
All I know is that Young better start running again, because that dude will never be able to complete passes consistently.

In terms of Brohm, I'm basing it on how I think their careers will play out, not what they've done already.

You are still grossly overrating Brohm, because no matter how much potential he has, it isn't more than a lot of the guys you ranked below him, most notably VY. There is just no justification for ranking Brohm that high, especially since every scout in the nation has him ranked below Matt Ryan.

You're combining QB's who've already played in the NFL with ones who haven't. If you would have ranked Cutler #1 during the 2006 combine, there would have been many claiming that's overrating him. It's only now that he's played that it's accepted. How do you know Brohm won't surpass expectations? You don't.

Well as a NFL prospect, JaMarcus Russell has to rank in the top 3 because of the physical tools.

Brohm has to rank up there because of the body of work over his career in addition to great physical and mental tools.

I wouldn't rank VY very high because he was a one year wonder at QB.

I wouldn't rank Leinart high because he had average physical tools and played on a loaded USC team.

I wouldn't rank Alex Smith high because Urban Meyer's system made him. Completely average physical tools

halsey (2/23/2008)
You're combining QB's who've already played in the NFL with ones who haven't. If you would have ranked Cutler #1 during the 2006 combine, there would have been many claiming that's overrating him. It's only now that he's played that it's accepted. How do you know Brohm won't surpass expectations? You don't.

Thank you. It is just blind homer-ism to sit here and try to rank one player who has never taken a snap in the NFL over another. Even more ignorant is ranking Brohm above Ryan, who is the top QB in this draft. Regardless of how you feel about this (I would agree that I like Brohm more so than Ryan), to go against every scout in the nation and rank him so much higher than other NFL players is insane.

Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler can neither be labeled superstars nor busts, but they are miles ahead of any prospect in this draft, for the mere fact that they have at least shown the ability to compete at the NFL level. Brohm has not done this.

halsey (2/23/2008)

well, i actually was rating him that high. he was my favorite and top QB prospect in that draft, and i moved up to get him in both IMD's we did on this board.

but brohm is my favorite qb this year too, and just like before there is a guy ahead of the #1 guy i like in the rankings. hopefully brohm turns out as well as cutler has for the broncos, especially if we get him.

L.Rover (2/23/2008)
halsey (2/23/2008)

Thank you. It is just blind homer-ism to sit here and try to rank one player who has never taken a snap in the NFL over another. Even more ignorant is ranking Brohm above Ryan, who is the top QB in this draft. Regardless of how you feel about this (I would agree that I like Brohm more so than Ryan), to go against every scout in the nation and rank him so much higher than other NFL players is insane.

Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler can neither be labeled superstars nor busts, but they are miles ahead of any prospect in this draft, for the mere fact that they have at least shown the ability to compete at the NFL level. Brohm has not done this.

I wouldn't rip you if you ranked J.D. Booty as the #1 QB in the last 3 years, so just chill out. It's only an opinion.

est1979smartkid (2/23/2008)
J. Cutler

M. Ryan

V. Young

M. Lienert

J. Russell

B. Quinn

J. Campbell

A. Smith

Your thoughts??????????????

past 3 yrs???

I don't even get the question, so ill put it as who is the most talented/most potential out of these guys

M. Leinart -High football IQ, has played a combined half season of football to date. Give him some time.

B. Quinn - Another high football IQ dude, all the skills to be great, needs talent around him though (See Sr year ND)

V. Young - He will be ok, another VIck situation where they make magical things happen & the F.O. thinks they can do it all by themselves. Get him a couple WR's & they are doing alot of winning.

J. Cutler - Never really understood the hype, after seeing him in the NFL thus far Im starting to see I was right.

J. Campbell - On & Off, no reason that team isnt challenging for the division & going deep in the playoffs every yr.. Too much talent around him.

A. Smith - Bust??, ill give him 1 more yr to show any sort of sign