Any big difference between what Norwood brings vs McFadden?

papi

I really think they're one in the same. Spindly legs, lightning fast, home run threats.

If we get a running back at some point.....i think we can be ok with a Johnathan Stewart type.

Just not totally sold on McFadden.

Overall, I'd like to see us draft inside out (not necessarily in order after the first two):

DL

OL

CB

RB

QB

TE

LB

and whatever we can get via free agency.

As far as QB goes, if we do get a QB, I hope its not a sitting duck in the pocket.

What do you guys think.

Dmac is just another overrated Norwood because he went to a bigger college, but yet has just a little more durability than Norwood but im sure Norwood is aware of that and has been in the weight room since the season ended.

So dont be suprised if "little underrated" Norwood puts up bigger and nicer stats than Dmac if given the load.

Atlanta does not need another small running back, they need someone who can break tackles, and smash through the line right up the gut. Either Redman or Shockley could be great for our team if given the chance. The main issue with Redman is the fact that he is 30 years old, and Shockley is recovering from an ACL tear, look at what happened to McNabb after he tore his ACL, his production was way down. Matt Ryan is the answer for the future of the Falcons, and could put people in the seats. Draft linemen with our two second round picks. In the third round, draft a running back. If we do this, the Falcons will be a winning team next season.

papi (2/23/2008)
I really think they're one in the same. Spindly legs, lightning fast, home run threats.

If we get a running back at some point.....i think we can be ok with a Johnathan Stewart type.

Overall, I'd like to see us draft inside out (not necessarily in order after the first two):

DL

OL

CB

RB

QB

TE

LB

As far as QB goes, if we do get a QB, I hope its not a sitting duck in the pocket.

What do you guys think.

D-Mac is the best RB prospect in the draft. Passing on him would be foolish.

papi (2/23/2008)

DL

OL

CB

RB

QB

TE

LB

What do you guys think.

there is one severe Difference... ESPN Hype

papi (2/23/2008)

What do you guys think.

THE BIG DIFFERENCE FOR ME : WE HAVE NORWOOD ... WE DON'T HAVE THE OTHER GUY.:)

Interesting responses here to your initial question, and I agree that we first need to set aside all of the hype. I appreciate the skills of both players; however, IMHO:

---I think DMac is an outstanding college RB who shows NFL potential, but last time I checked, he hadn't played a down yet in the NFL. DMac played behind a good SEC OL, with good blocking that created nice running lanes for him. He showed that he was explosive and exciting, and could make game changing plays.

---I think that Norwood can become an outstanding NFL RB, but he hasn't been allowed to get into as many games and get the number of carrys any of us would have liked. When he did get the ball, he was behind an OL composed of primarily backups and undrafted FA's. He also had moments when he showed that he could make game changing plays.

Oh yeah...Norwood was also playing against NFL players who were bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled than any of the players DMac played against last season.

Any statements regarding how much better DMac is than Norwood are nothing but pure opinion and speculation. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. We'll know if and when we get to see both of them play for a few games in the NFL.

REV.2000 (2/23/2008)
papi (2/23/2008)

What do you guys think.

THE BIG DIFFERENCE FOR ME : WE HAVE NORWOOD ... WE DON'T HAVE THE OTHER GUY.:)

lol