What I believe. Flame if you want, but I know what I am saying.

etherdome

I believe the following. I will give my reasons and you are welcome to debate. Some will please you and some will ##### you off. However, all lead to the Falcons winning consistently.

1 Trade D Hall. I like his talent but I don't see him as a man that you want around during a rebuilding. Trade him to an established team and let him do his thing. He has the talent to make it to the HOF. During a rebuild, he will be nothing but a sour distraction. Trade him for as much draft cache as possible and move on.

2 This draft must concentrate on the DL and OL (and possibly a FS). That means that we should not draft a RB or QB on day one. Nothing will get done until the lines are established. This draft offers a rare opportunity because it is strong along both lines. This franchise needs to take advantage of that. We should draft OL and DL throughout rounds one and two. That will set the table for consistent success for years to come.

3 Redman (and possibly another vet) should start at QB for us next season. I don't think that Redman is special, but I also don't think that any of this draft's QB's are special. This point leads into the truly controversial point that I will make next.

4 Mike Vick should be welcomed back, once he pays his debt to society. The much criticized Mike Vick has never played behind a decent OL. He never had a meaningful run game to take the pressure off of him. He never had a decent supporting cast.

Mike Vick is the best QB this franchise has ever had. PERIOD. Although he certainly deserved to go to jail, he also deserves to be treated like a man when he returns. I believe that he will return from his sentence a fully grown man. A man that has had to learn from hard knocks. A man that is wiser and more prepared to lead other men.

The answer to our QB problem is not in the draft. The answer is simply patience. Give Mike Vick what we would all want.....another chance.

Flame me all you want, but I know that I am right about all of the above. If you want to reply with hate and ridiculous racism, that is up to you. But, if you look at our situation rationally, you will probably agree.

bgarcia28 (2/23/2008)
I believe the following. I will give my reasons and you are welcome to debate. Some will please you and some will ##### you off. However, all lead to the Falcons winning consistently.

1 Trade D Hall. I like his talent but I don't see him as a man that you want around during a rebuilding. Trade him to an established team and let him do his thing. He has the talent to make it to the HOF. During a rebuild, he will be nothing but a sour distraction. Trade him for as much draft cache as possible and move on.

2 This draft must concentrate on the DL and OL (and possibly a FS). That means that we should not draft a RB or QB on day one. Nothing will get done until the lines are established. This draft offers a rare opportunity because it is strong along both lines. This franchise needs to take advantage of that. We should draft OL and DL throughout rounds one and two. That will set the table for consistent success for years to come.

3 Redman (and possibly another vet) should start at QB for us next season. I don't think that Redman is special, but I also don't think that any of this draft's QB's are special. This point leads into the truly controversial point that I will make next.

4 Mike Vick should be welcomed back, once he pays his debt to society. The much criticized Mike Vick has never played behind a decent OL. He never had a meaningful run game to take the pressure off of him. He never had a decent supporting cast.

Mike Vick is the best QB this franchise has ever had. PERIOD. Although he certainly deserved to go to jail, he also deserves to be treated like a man when he returns. I believe that he will return from his sentence a fully grown man. A man that has had to learn from hard knocks. A man that is wiser and more prepared to lead other men.

The answer to our QB problem is not in the draft. The answer is simply patience. Give Mike Vick what we would all want.....another chance.

Flame me all you want, but I know that I am right about all of the above. If you want to reply with hate and ridiculous racism, that is up to you. But, if you look at our situation rationally, you will probably agree.

Ya had me til #4:sick:

I'm on board with everything 100%.

The Vick issue is more complicated than simply allowing him to return. He'll be in the last part of his contract, which calls for extremely high salaries (like 14/16 million or more). If he doesn't want to play for Atlanta (and reduce his salary) we would probably have to cut him. But I personally hope he returns and gets his life and career headed in the right direction.

I can live with it. It pretty reasonable. The Vick thing.....wouldn't rule it out but we need to prepare to move forward. I would still pay to see him play but have moved on.

I surely don't want a statue as a quarterback, would love to see Shockley have a fair opportunity to compete but would also like to see us take a chance on a Josh Johnson, Dennis Dixon where we can get good value at a reasonable price. Guys like this will be HUNGRY with a chip on their shoulder.

The top QB's in this draft are overrated and need a bunch of stuff around them in order to function where the other guys at better value tend to make things happen with little around them.

Also, I'd like to see us get a K2 type tight end...like the guy from Michigan State.

Good post,

I agree with #4.

McFadden, Mature Vick and a Big OL would send us straight to the Playoffs.

I agree with Two , OL, sould be our Focus!

But,

You can get later round and even UFA DL can almost be on the level of a top 10 pick!

For Example

DT Okam(3rd to 4th round) >DT Dorsey,

Just IMO,

his potential is monsterous!

The OL side should be big Guys with Fast Feet,

not the slowest guy at the Combine!

I do like Vet only Starting OL just work in the rookies!

3. Redman Should be Signed but only for the Min,. if another team outbids , they win!

4. DHall Should be Kept and We should keep JWill too!

A great Secondary would make the Blitzing VanGorder able to Blitz all the Time!

bgarcia28 (2/23/2008)
Don't rule out #4. Every man deserves a chance for redemption. I sincerely believe that Mike Vick will return a wiser man. Mike Vick's main problem is that he needed to mature into a man. We have only seen the child. Give this guy a chance, even though you may feel betrayed.

You are right every man deserves a chance for redemption. That however does not mean that man should get his job back.

re·demp·tion

noun

1. an act of redeeming or the state of being redeemed.

2. deliverance; rescue.

3. Theology. deliverance from sin; salvation.

4. atonement for guilt.

Now since he has not really accepted quilt it will be had for redemption.

Also the whole thing about being a wiser man, should not be hard since he was a dumb AZZ who throw away the best thing that ever happened to him. So he has no where to go but up.:P

He does not deserve a chance to play NFL football EVER AGAIN. end of story.

I can however agree on your first three things

Everything but 4! 1. Vick would be a public nightmare- can you imagine the public outcry from peta and humane societies! 2. Vick would be a team nightmare- We just got rid of or are attempting to get rid of the most outspoken people on the Vick situation then turn around and bring him back? It seems there trying to move away from the whole Vick situation. 3. Vick will have been out of football for 2 maybee more years (who's to say Goodell let's him back right out of jail)- If a QB is injured or not with a team he still has the oppertunity to watch game film and review. I don't think Vick is getting that chance in jail. Vick is a very good athlete nobody can ever take that away from him, but to come out of jail and expect him to be a starting QB is a little rediculous.

i agree fully 100%, although i love DeAnge...it might be nessisary to let him go...

and for the Vick situation, neither him nor his brother ever learned to grow up, now im sure he has and I will welcome him back with open arms as long as he has learned his lesson, and when he returns he might actually be behind a decent offensive line.

also you cannot judge vick by his performance behind that ****** line he had when he played

bgarcia28 (2/23/2008)
Don't rule out #4. Every man deserves a chance for redemption. I sincerely believe that Mike Vick will return a wiser man. Mike Vick's main problem is that he needed to mature into a man. We have only seen the child. Give this guy a chance, even though you may feel betrayed.

How old will he be when he gets out and gets reinstated? You don't know

and neither does anybody else. This is where Mr. Blank made the chicken

connection but it was a valid point regarding conditioning and football readiness.

Time served may not be Goddell's judgement.

bgarcia28 (2/23/2008)

You should have started with the YKW crap, that way I would have known upfront not to bother reading.

squirreldawg (2/23/2008)
Vick was the best "athlete" the Falcons ever had, not the best QB. And he would be an absolute PR nightmare.....NO way he ever suits up for the Falcons again.

You are exactly right. No way he returns. He was not the best quarterback we ever had, his athletic ability "got us by" and masked our real deficencies. I want no one on my team that demostrates decision making and leadership skills that MV has shown. No way, No way!!

you can't sit around and wait for vick. we dont' know when he is coming back. maybe he gets out of federal prison early, but he still has to face state charges and from what i have read, another 10 years. to do nothing about the qb and rb positions, or to throw late round draft picks at those glaring holes wont get it done for us. we need playmakers.

durrans (2/23/2008)
Yep everything but four. Vick was an intresting experiment. Its over let it go. He is not a top notched qb. He well not be in condition to play for a while after release. Why reopen wounds?

This is what pisses me off...so why did you root for him during gameday following you claiming he didn't win us games either. Statements like this makes think you never liked Vick as a QB( not even during the 2004 season), and understand this, Vick has been here for 5 years and your telling me the majority of the time you never like Vick as a QB but an athlete. Thats stereotyping mann and this points out the TRUE fact overall in this conversation.....

Your not a Real Falcons fan:angry: And it really disgusts me how half of this organization has treated vick after his conviction...but i guess the truth comes out the shadow to light soon enough

Tiny (2/23/2008)
Everything but 4! 1. Vick would be a public nightmare- can you imagine the public outcry from peta and humane societies! 2. Vick would be a team nightmare- We just got rid of or are attempting to get rid of the most outspoken people on the Vick situation then turn around and bring him back? It seems there trying to move away from the whole Vick situation. 3. Vick will have been out of football for 2 maybee more years (who's to say Goodell let's him back right out of jail)- If a QB is injured or not with a team he still has the oppertunity to watch game film and review. I don't think Vick is getting that chance in jail. Vick is a very good athlete nobody can ever take that away from him, but to come out of jail and expect him to be a starting QB is a little rediculous.

I disagree because by the time he gets out, if you havent forgotten about it by then you probably was more than likely born to criticize...because the stupid statement, excuse me the OPINION you made was overstating it like the last man who posted before you made when he said "Vick dosent deserve to play in the NFL again" WTF kinda Discrimination statement is that...AGAIN thats just another bad opinion

Now like i was saying we should overall plan for the future but if Vick comes back fully matured and wiser(because you can never make the same mistake twice) and through all he's been through he will most likely take a reconstructed contract he should be given a fresh start. But if he does come out making the wrong decisions then so be it but i guess we will then see who the real fans are, wont we?:cool:

BG, Vick was barely on the level of a D2 passer in terms of accuracy and decisionmaking prior to his incarceration. Do you and others honestly believe that he'll be better after 2 years of jail? While im not against the man getting a second chance, I honestly believe Vick's second chance in the NFL will be as an athlete, barrring a serious decline in his speed and agility.. Probably a HB, S, or WR.

Bottom line, Vick as a QB is not the direction we need to head

Eric Obraiden (2/23/2008)
BG, Vick was barely on the level of a D2 passer in terms of accuracy and decisionmaking prior to his incarceration. Do you and others honestly believe that he'll be better after 2 years of jail? While im not against the man getting a second chance, I honestly believe Vick's second chance in the NFL will be as an athlete, barrring a serious decline in his speed and agility.. Probably a HB, S, or WR.

Bottom line, Vick as a QB is not the direction we need to head

says u

Falcons faithful,

You have an interesting name. It implies that you are a person of faith.

Point one: Mike Vick is serving a sentence at this moment. He will get his opportunity to apologize when he is released. Don't go on what he has done in the past, look forward.....that is the central thought of redemption.

Point two: How does that important prayer go?

"....and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive others"

I will not presume to teach you your faith. I am simply pointing out something that you may have forgotten.