DRC

D-Ray

After the Hall trade...I hope we get this guy...An awesome athlete like his cuz in San Diego!

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State (1/27)

Height: 6-1. Weight: 183.

40 Time: 4.37.

Projected Round: Top 15 Pick.

Wow, how was this guy not recruited by any BCS schools? Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie covers well, makes big plays and tackles extremely well. He's tall and runs a 4.3. Excluding Sedrick Ellis, Rodgers-Cromartie made the most money at the Senior Bowl, moving himself into the Top 15.

A tall corner who runs a 4.3 is pretty rare. Getting one that picks off six passes in a season is like finding the Loch Ness Monster.

bossFALCON (2/23/2008)
you guys may think i am crazy but antonio cromartie really isnt the best corner in the whole-wide-world. he just has height and great hands. deion sanders even said he wouldnt really classify him as a corner, but more of an athlete. he wasnt taking anything away from the guy though.
He would be a great FS with Williams moved to SS in the cover 2. ****, that pit in my stomach is making me sick with the thought of those two guys Hall and Houston as the corners...sigh.

bossFALCON (2/23/2008)
you guys may think i am crazy but antonio cromartie really isnt the best corner in the whole-wide-world. he just has height and great hands. deion sanders even said he wouldnt really classify him as a corner, but more of an athlete. he wasnt taking anything away from the guy though.

i agree with you a 100%...antonio cromartie is more of a athlete then a corner right now but remember dude is just in his second year so he does not have his poisition down pact..(make it so bad he has only started 8 games in his nfl carrier and had 10 ints)

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been working with Deion this off season so i think he will be on point...DRC will be a great athlete right now just like his cousin and we need that..DRC is the kind of player Coach Smith would love since he wants DBs that can play CB and Safety(Rashean Mathis/Reggie Nelson-ish) but another special thing about DRC is like his cousin ,he is a great kick and punt returner

atljbo (2/23/2008)
bossFALCON (2/23/2008)

i agree with you a 100%...antonio cromartie is more of a athlete then a corner right now but remember dude is just in his second year so he does not have his poisition down pact..(make it so bad he has only started 8 games in his nfl carrier and had 10 ints)

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been working with Deion this off season so i think he will be on point...DRC will be a great athlete right now just like his cousin and we need that..DRC is the kind of player Coach Smith would love since he wants DBs that can play CB and Safety(Rashean Mathis/Reggie Nelson-ish) but another special thing about DRC is like his cousin ,he is a great kick and punt returner

yea as long as antonio cromartie keeps working he will be something great and as far as DRC goes i didnt really want to draft him until i found out hall was leaving for sure. now i want him over any of the rookie corners. he has a lot of upside.

Dominique would probably wear #45 if anything

But in response to him playing FS, i interviewed him for our college newspaper and he said he felt he could do it, but of course he has to say that as it makes him appear more valuable, but i have serious doubts about that.

i know his 6-2 height makes hime seem prime for the safety position but he really doesnt have that style of play. he is average at best against the run at the CORNER position, so putting him at safety where he be in the mix on just about every run play would put us at a disadvantage.

he is very fluid for his height. at 6-2 he moves like someone 4 inches smaller but just as fast. he is best suited for cb no questions asked. putting him at free would severly take away from his natural abilities to stick like glue to someone in the short, intermediate, and deep areas.