Another Rumor

RockNCFalcon

Didn't see this posted anywhere else so here it is...........................

Look for veteran Billy Volek's name to surface in Atlanta. Even though they'll likely draft a quarterback 3rd overall, they need a veteran to start fresh and keep the seat warm. Volek is favorite of owner Arthur Blank, who offered him a deal once before to back up Michael Vick, but instead he went back to Tenneessee.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

RockNCFalcon (2/23/2008)

Look for veteran Billy Volek's name to surface in Atlanta. Even though they'll likely draft a quarterback 3rd overall, they need a veteran to start fresh and keep the seat warm. Volek is favorite of owner Arthur Blank, who offered him a deal once before to back up Michael Vick, but instead he went back to Tenneessee.

I agree!

You've got to be kidding me. I really don't think that we should draft Matt Ryan that high. We should look at running back then the offensive and defensive line. I think we should look at a quarterback in the late rounds or through free agency. We definitely don't need Billy Voleck are whatever his name. I just hope the organization doesn't screw this up.

RockNCFalcon (2/23/2008)

LOL at them likely to pick QB 3rd overall.

That simply isn't going to happen.

ghoticov (2/23/2008)
Honestly, I would rather just keep Redman and Shockley .. and draft a QB prospect.

Ditto that. Redman already has shown that he is a decent play even with our sorry team last year. Gotta beef up the rest of the team. Signing Volek just doesn't make sense.

RockNCFalcon (2/23/2008)

WHY NOT ..... NOTHING WOULD SURPRISE ME.

RockNCFalcon (2/23/2008)

What blank wants is not longer an option enless he wants what ever TD does. Blank is out of the decision making process!! Saying that he wanted him because of three years ago doesn't mean anything!! That is the past and we are in a different situation.

pured-hallfan (2/23/2008)
That would suck if we signed Kordell Stewart, Shaun King or even Ryan Leaf I think we got a better player than Volek.

Shaub King could play. The only reason he did play in the NFC Championship game or Super bowl that year ( my memory excapes me right now on what game it was)was because of a bad call be the ref on the Emanual catch!!:)

OK, so I'm in the minority here, but I like Volek. I think he is better than Redman. I like Redman, and I would like to see Shockley get a fair shot to compete since he was injured in pre season and didn't get much of an opportunity last year. But, I would be good with Volek coming here this year, keeping the spot warm for the QB of the future, then taking the backup role next year. Just my opinion -