Josh Johnson weighted in at 6'3 213lbs

atljbo

Josh Johnson/QB/San Diego

- Weighed in at 213 pounds, the heaviest he has ever been in his life.

- Certainly believes scouts are much more critical of small school prospects and someone has to be special to come out of that level.

- Buffalo Bills rookie running back, Marshawn Lynch, is Johnson's first cousin and they talk regularly. Lynch tried to give Johnson's pointers about the entire Combine process.

- The one thing he learned playing under Coach Harbaugh at San Diego is to "take what the defense give you." And credits that philosophy as to why he threw so many touchdowns as compared to interceptions.

- Has had talks with the Baltimore Ravens.

dude has put on the weight to be considered as a fa real prospect....I would love for us to draft him in the 3rd round and sit him for atleast a year

atljbo (2/22/2008)
Josh Johnson/QB/San Diego

- Weighed in at 213 pounds, the heaviest he has ever been in his life.

- Certainly believes scouts are much more critical of small school prospects and someone has to be special to come out of that level.

- Buffalo Bills rookie running back, Marshawn Lynch, is Johnson's first cousin and they talk regularly. Lynch tried to give Johnson's pointers about the entire Combine process.

- The one thing he learned playing under Coach Harbaugh at San Diego is to "take what the defense give you." And credits that philosophy as to why he threw so many touchdowns as compared to interceptions.

- Has had talks with the Baltimore Ravens.

dude has put on the weight to be considered as a fa real prospect....I would love for us to draft him in the 3rd round and sit him for atleast a year

I doubt we get him, but it would be a great move for all concerned.

I like the upside for a lot of the late round picks, even more so than the people heralded to be first round picks.

I think Ainge could be a great later round pickup, along with Henne and Johnson. I wouldn't be disappointed with any of those people landing on our roster. The guy with the most upside, does seem to be Johnson IMHO.

stoned_jc7 (2/22/2008)
I like the upside for a lot of the late round picks, even more so than the people heralded to be first round picks.

I think Ainge could be a great later round pickup, along with Henne and Johnson. I wouldn't be disappointed with any of those people landing on our roster. The guy with the most upside, does seem to be Johnson IMHO.

I hope that Tommy see's it that way.

stoned_jc7 (2/22/2008)

I hardly ever see anyone posting anything positive about Ainge. He is my sleeper for this year, and I would not be unhappy if he ended up here. Unfortunately, and don't even ask me why, cause I couldn't tell you, but I think he will be a project for a while. Not just like Manning, and I don't even think he has that much potential. But I think that he may be kind like a Jay Cutler eventually:

"My dad says you suck, but you may be good someday" ~~ Eric Cartman

falconfoozball (2/22/2008)
stoned_jc7 (2/22/2008)

I hardly ever see anyone posting anything positive about Ainge. He is my sleeper for this year, and I would not be unhappy if he ended up here. Unfortunately, and don't even ask me why, cause I couldn't tell you, but I think he will be a project for a while. Not just like Manning, and I don't even think he has that much potential. But I think that he may be kind like a Jay Cutler eventually:

"My dad says you suck, but you may be good someday" ~~ Eric Cartman

I definitely agree with Ainge being a sleeper...I hear no mention of this guy anywhere...He started for 4 years in a distinguished SEC school that produced a guy by the name of Peyton Manning...Last time I checked, Ainge broke some Vol records for the QB position...He was not great but he was a solid QB...I would not be upset selecting him in a later round!...Who knows what he could do with talent and the QBs that were average in college can turn into great pros! ex. Brady

I'm glad we finally got some "Johnson & Ainge-guys" around here! They're definitely the two biggest sleepers at their position in this Draft. It's amazing how many guys are playing down the obvious potential of both these guys but their affordability and value-to-risk ratio kinda makes them worth it. Another thing is they both strike me as competitive natural leaders and very quick learners. I was just watching the re-air of the Senior Bowl and Ainge looked like the second best QB there behind Henne. He actually made his reads and completions look easy. Johnson did the SAME THING at the East-West Shrine Bowl. One of these guys WILL be available to us in the 3rd Round i can only hope the FO makes the best decision.

USCfalcons23 (2/23/2008)
FYI Dennis Dixon is at 218 now as well

as some of the smarter posters on here told some of u ******* it wasnt nothing for these guys to put on 15-20 lbs

JJ & DD are the steals of the draft.

I agree, but I won't say what I really feel...tes I will. Too many comparisons to Vick for this FO to pull the trigger.

USCfalcons23 (2/23/2008)

as some of the smarter posters on here told some of u ******* it wasnt nothing for these guys to put on 15-20 lbs

Liar, liar, liar... (tsk,tsk Mr. USCFalcon23MichaelJordan54GeorgeBush45ShotgunHUTHUT :blush:) Dennis Dixon JUST weighed in at 195! R U really that desperate to make a point?!....pitiful.............poor guy :crying:

USCfalcons23 (2/23/2008)

well the worst way to get your point across is to call us *******, and I still do not want a RB that ran a spread Offense and has a blown out knee