Should Hall be traded?

sporkdevil

I said He.ll no, of your choices above, because I'm disappointed that they couldn't get a deal done w/him, which is what is sounds like to me.

That said, he has said publicly that he was more or less discontent here, and been pretty vocal about wanting to win. Maybe he just doesn't believe in what the franchise is doing to make a change, or doesn't see where he's going to fit in. Mike Smith has also said that he wanted to keep him. So that tells me that the problem was more on Hall's side than the FO's. Fact is, we may not know for a while, or ever, why it has come to this, but he's gone either way. I'm not happy about it, and I'd rather him stay (if there was a way to insure he wouldn't "lay down" on us) but still he's worth more than what the Giants have offered so far.

his mouth went on overload again today with his comments about not playing here again. TD was being a smart business man. How does Hall know that TD was not just checking value before he sat down at the table with the agent. At this point no one except TD knows what is going on and Hall is still running his mouth take what we can get and lets build a TEAM that plays together and for one another. a good example is the Spurs

sporkdevil (2/22/2008)
Just wondering what the consensus was. He was either going to want a huge contract or leave next year anyways. I don't think he warranted a big contract, but that's just me. I think a 1st and a 3rd or 4th, or a 1st and a quality player would cover it.
I couldn't agree with you more. T.O. wasn't the only reciever that has schooled the magnificent D-Hall in the last couple years either, and I also agree with the goodbye too!

Michael Skelton (2/22/2008)
sporkdevil (2/22/2008)
Just wondering what the consensus was. He was either going to want a huge contract or leave next year anyways. I don't think he warranted a big contract, but that's just me. I think a 1st and a 3rd or 4th, or a 1st and a quality player would cover it.
I couldn't agree with you more. T.O. wasn't the only reciever that has schooled the magnificent D-Hall in the last couple years either, and I also agree with the goodbye too!

I would also like to point out that Revis (sp?) of the Jets managed to shut down Owens, and he was a rookie. Hall got shut down, was picked earlier, and had years of pro experience. That's why I am confident we could manage to get a corner more consistent, who plays better, can be a team player, and won't demand the contract he thinks he is worth.

I say "Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!" Its just hard to tell where that is on him, since he tends to show his A** more than his face.

If he don't want to be here, and more importantly a TEAM player, then get the trash out. He may have all the talent in the world, but if you are only concerned with the spot you man on the field/roster, then you are no good for the team. A baseball player can be selfish and still useful (Bonds is a great example), and you can get away with it in Basketball (Kobe, anyone?) but football requires team-first play.

Me Hall don't know nothing bout no team play. He only know "Me" play.

I used to like the guy and mistook his arrogance for confidence. My mistake. He's just an arrongant *.*.*. who is better in his own mind than he really is on the field.

And all the receivers that make toast of him every game should donate to the MeAngelo Love offering, to make up for the difference between the actual value of his next contract and what he thinks the value should be...