D. Hall

Jake

Now I am not an advocate of trading D. Hall I think that it is a bad decision but it looks like it is going to happen. I don't like the talk about sending him to the Giants because I don't think that they have a good compensation package in return. What I was wondering is what about offering him to the cardinals for Matt Lienart. It is clear that Wisenhutt isn't a fan of Lienart and I think that he would bring a winning attitude to the falcons offense, even though he hasn't made the playoffs you get the sense that the cardinals are a more confident team. Just a thought and like I said would rather have Hall on this team and just draft a QB but if he is being shopped why not go after a proven starter.

Couple of things.

Hall is in the last year of his current contract. Other teams know all they have to do is wait a season ansd he will be cut anyway. Of course the price for him on the open market would be driven way up at that time. Right now the Falcons are in control.

Second. Teams kow his track record. How many times have we seen the Carolina meltdown? GM's all over the league have seen it as well. Can he be trusted to shut up and play the game?

The Falcons will shop him and get the best deal possible. I'd take the Giants 31 without batting an eye if another better offer dosen't come in.

swamp stomper (2/22/2008)
Couple of things.

Hall is in the last year of his current contract. Other teams know all they have to do is wait a season ansd he will be cut anyway. Of course the price for him on the open market would be driven way up at that time. Right now the Falcons are in control.

Second. Teams kow his track record. How many times have we seen the Carolina meltdown? GM's all over the league have seen it as well. Can he be trusted to shut up and play the game?

The Falcons will shop him and get the best deal possible. I'd take the Giants 31 without batting an eye if another better offer dosen't come in.

Hall was a top 10 pick and he has played very well for us. You guys want to trade him for the #31 pick now? It doesn't matter if he is in the last year of his contract he could get franchise tagged and then they'd have to give us a 1st and 3rd just to get him. So if we take anything less than that now I'd be pissed.