TD or not TD

Mongotaz

I've seen alot of Dimitroff bashing on this board because of some of the moves he's made. I know I'm gonna be flamed for saying this, but people-- lay off. The bottom line is this team, our team, was going nowhere in its current state. The Falcons have enjoyed little success in their 40+ year history, and as of late, have been considered the joke of the league. Our star player winds up in federal prison-****-- even our own coach didn't want us anymore. We needed to do something drastic to change our image- enter Thomas Dimitroff. This man has been around championship teams. He honed his craft by learning from one of the best in the business, Mr Scott Pioli. I understand it's not easy for a Falcon fan to watch their favorite players move on. But I also understand it's necessary for our team to do so. If we are to ever be taken seriously as challengers to the throne, we have to begin somewhere. What we've done in the past has not worked- I feel we owe it to our new GM to work his magic.

Mongotaz (2/22/2008)
I've seen alot of Dimitroff bashing on this board because of some of the moves he's made. I know I'm gonna be flamed for saying this, but people-- lay off. The bottom line is this team, our team, was going nowhere in its current state. The Falcons have enjoyed little success in their 40+ year history, and as of late, have been considered the joke of the league. Our star player winds up in federal prison-****-- even our own coach didn't want us anymore. We needed to do something drastic to change our image- enter Thomas Dimitroff. This man has been around championship teams. He honed his craft by learning from one of the best in the business, Mr Scott Pioli. I understand it's not easy for a Falcon fan to watch their favorite players move on. But I also understand it's necessary for our team to do so. If we are to ever be taken seriously as challengers to the throne, we have to begin somewhere. What we've done in the past has not worked- I feel we owe it to our new GM to work his magic.

You get no grief from me sir.

I have been watching players come and go since 1973.

Some here are more fans of players than teams...when said player lands on a team the fans will follow them. Then we can get back to football talk.

Mongotaz (2/22/2008)
I've seen alot of Dimitroff bashing on this board because of some of the moves he's made.

HAVE YOU BEEN LOOKING? EVERYBODY GET'S BASHED ON THESE BOARDS. THOMAS AIN'T SPECIAL ..... HERE WE SPECIALIZE IN BASHING GM's. DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT. DON'T WORRY, THOMAS D. WILL PROVE HIMSELF. HE COMES FROM WHERE THEY GET IT DONE.:)

REV.2000 (2/22/2008)
Mongotaz (2/22/2008)
I've seen alot of Dimitroff bashing on this board because of some of the moves he's made.

HAVE YOU BEEN LOOKING? EVERYBODY GET'S BASHED ON THESE BOARDS. THOMAS AIN'T SPECIAL ..... HERE WE SPECIALIZE IN BASHING GM's. DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT. DON'T WORRY, THOMAS D. WILL PROVE HIMSELF. HE COMES FROM WHERE THEY GET IT DONE.:)

CAN I GET A WITNESS, WORD!

Mongotaz (2/22/2008)

agreed. trying to judge him right now is like saying a movie sucks just by watching the first 10 min. Lets see his WHOLE first offseason before we start flaming the guy. Though it is yalls right.... just my .2 cents.

swamp stomper (2/22/2008)
Mongotaz (2/22/2008)

You get no grief from me sir.

I have been watching players come and go since 1973.

Some here are more fans of players than teams...when said player lands on a team the fans will follow them. Then we can get back to football talk.

What you said is true my friend. But remember the Falcons trend with rookies. We tend to draft a lot of busts. So while you may shed a ray of hope which I can appreciate, I also have been a fan for a while (was born 2 years after you started watching) and so far I see much of nada. Cutting Crump didn't bug me, but this overhyped idea of Draft 08 probably set me off the worst. There seems to be a pattern no matter who is in charge and this move right here says, "Sorry fans, but we have another hole in the depth chart to address either in FL or the draft. Sit tight another year or two with sub par run games, patchwork OL, and sloppy D." I think we could have at least bought some time or something forst with this guy. Oh well, not so sure I'll be buying tickets (especially if we draft Ryan) so I'll have to cross my fingers an hope there are no blackouts.

part of the reason we sucked was because, well, "that" coach was here. we had the talent, we just needed to fix some holes. we needed to patch up the o-line, draft some d-linemen, and a qb and we'd be a playoff contender. but apparently TD wants to create more holes so it'll take us twice as long to rebuild

I find it funny that people are already complaining about TD and we haven't even made it to the draft but how long did they wont us to give YKW to progress? this team is in need of good players and if you have to cut a few good ones to get more players that are good then so be it. TD was a trusted part of a franchise that has won quite a few Superbowls, everyone complaining about his moves what exactly did you head up or have your hands in superbowl wise?? I said Superbowl not toilet bowl, how bout we stick to our day job and at least give TD a year or 2 to do his since most tried to give a certain qb 7 years to learn to TRY to read a blitz or coverage.

somecut8 (2/22/2008)
part of the reason we sucked was because, well, "that" coach was here.

THERE YOU GO. NO TRUER STAEMENT HAS EVER BEEN MADE. THE GOOD WE WOULD HAVE HAD LAST SEASON ........ HE SUCKED IT RIGHT OUT OF US .... AND IN THE END ..... THIS GUY GOT REWARDED. BIRDWISSERR IS RIGHT ..... "LIFE IS PAIN." WHO'D EVER THOUGHT I'D BE QUOTEING THAT GUY ...... THATS WHY IT'S GOOD TO LISTEN TO EVERYBODY (some).

Rev AL Sharpton (2/22/2008)
Every car at the junk yard, has some pieces that can be used. Why are we keeping the damage fenders and getting rid of the usuable parts?

This guy has no background, to say that he's capable...IMO. Every move he makes will be questioned by me, until proven otherwise.

So what move could be made that you agree with-and by what reasoning do you determine it to be worthy??

Man, we got lots of frustrated wanna be GM's. Go back to your fantasy league!