No Star Power or Name Recognition.

Demetrius Dew

hopefully ticket prices will be around 10 dollars, because there's no point in paying for tickets if there aren't players i'd pay to watch to play

might as well watch the game on tv - oops oh wait, i forgot, since there's nobody people would pay to watch, games will be blacked out the whole season

Initially, yes. We are a transplant city here in Atlanta, therefore, there are a lot of bandwagon fans. I don't think it will be a huge change in ticket prices but I think it will be very noticeable with yet another favorite leaving. However, winning cures everything. If TD and Smitty can figure out a way to get this team winning then people will be clamoring for tickets.

It will. AB is going to be forced to slash ticket prices. No one is going to want to pay to see that garbage. Some guy was trying to sell some of his tickets for 89 bucks each/890 for the season.

Who in their right mind would pay 89 bucks to go to a Falcons game? I paid 100 two years ago when we actually had some degree of hope. Why would I pay only 11 dollars less when I know that we don't stand a chance?

Ticket prices need to drop but don't worry, the blackouts will get that point across to AB.

dyoshot (2/22/2008)
Initially, yes. We are a transplant city here in Atlanta, therefore, there are a lot of bandwagon fans. I don't think it will be a huge change in ticket prices but I think it will be very noticeable with yet another favorite leaving. However, winning cures everything. If TD and Smitty can figure out a way to get this team winning then people will be clamoring for tickets.

Agreed!! Lot of people are not even from Atlanta anymore; as a result, they where not here when we had bad season and blackouts. So this is nothing to me, not overreacting or happy because been there done that with this team. Falcons fan, no matter what! "winning cures everything".

REV.2000 (2/22/2008)
hitman404 (2/22/2008)

Falcons fan, no matter what! "winning cures everything".

AND THAT'S NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. A GOOD DOSE OF WINNING WILL WIPE AWAY ALL THE ISSUES ..... I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE ........:):)

I'm still baffled. We let a pro-bowl TE (Crumpler) and DL (Rod Coleman) go. We're shopping DeAngelo Hall, most last pro-bowler we've had go while he's much younger than Dunn and Brooking. We're keeping old guys that can't do what we need them to do for us to be successfull. Brooking can't support the run well enough and Dunn can't score enough. Demorrio Williams could do what Brooking does and he's cheaper. Norwood can do what Dunn does and he's younger & cheaper. It will be hard to replace a TE who happened to be our best, most consistent receiver. It won't be as hard to replace Dunn based on his numbers over the last season, but are we going to still do it? I think Dunn is an upstanding citizen and great community servant, but that does not when football games and certainly doesn't produce rushing TDs.

Will (2/22/2008)
I'm still baffled. We let a pro-bowl TE (Crumpler) and DL (Rod Coleman) go. We're shopping DeAngelo Hall, most last pro-bowler we've had go while he's much younger than Dunn and Brooking. We're keeping old guys that can't do what we need them to do for us to be successfull. Brooking can't support the run well enough and Dunn can't score enough. Demorrio Williams could do what Brooking does and he's cheaper. Norwood can do what Dunn does and he's younger & cheaper. It will be hard to replace a TE who happened to be our best, most consistent receiver. It won't be as hard to replace Dunn based on his numbers over the last season, but are we going to still do it? I think Dunn is an upstanding citizen and great community servant, but that does not when football games and certainly doesn't produce rushing TDs.

Well we are getting rid of two guys who can't get the job done because they are chronically injured in Crumpler and Coleman. At one point they were two of my favorite players, even though Coleman was frustrating because most of his injuries were off the field. But they missed a lot of time in 2007, and stand to miss quite a bit of time in 2008.

As for Willams, he can't do what Brooking does, but he is indeed cheaper. Brooking, if he is retained will be retained because he doesn't miss playing time, and is very effective on the outside, and when he has DT protection in front of him. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see both him and Dunn cut after June 1. Some of that, I'm sure is contingent on what we do in FA and the draft.

BirdsOfPrey (2/22/2008)
I'm still going. There doesn't have to be a "star" player there for me to show my devotion to the team. I will be able to say that I was there at the Dome showing my support when the team was "new" and I will laugh at those of you who come when we have a player that is worthy in your eyes as being labeled a "star".

Why would you be laughing at people who chose to spend their money when they wanted too?

BirdsOfPrey (2/22/2008)
I'm still going. There doesn't have to be a "star" player there for me to show my devotion to the team. I will be able to say that I was there at the Dome showing my support when the team was "new" and I will laugh at those of you who come when we have a player that is worthy in your eyes as being labeled a "star".

Its not about the stars so much as its about not liking the direction at all. They better have a serious plan because this is looking real crappy.

dyoshot (2/22/2008)

I really think people are confusing Atlanta with Green Bay or Pittsburgh or some place where winning nor losing is really the driving force that fills those stadiums. You gotta know the market....just winning is not a guarantee for THIS market. Didn't 1999 prove that already? Haven't the Braves and the Hawks proved that? Y'all are in for a rude awakening if you think a star-less team going 13-3 will fill up the Georgia Dome...it won't....just as it never did in Los Angeles.

somecut8 (2/22/2008)
might as well watch the game on tv - oops oh wait, i forgot, since there's nobody people would pay to watch, games will be blacked out the whole season

I'll be saving my money for NFL Ticket. I can at least watch some Pro Football on Sundays. :D

Really guys. I will be following my Falcons, but will hate having to overpay for seats or get online updates due to blacked out games. Lose-lose situation. Let's hope free agency and the draft prove to be strong.

BirdsOfPrey (2/22/2008)
july425 (2/22/2008)
BirdsOfPrey (2/22/2008)

Why would you be laughing at people who chose to spend their money when they wanted too?

I laugh at people when they come and go because of certain players, i.e the Vick faithful. They weren't there prior to him coming and after he was incarcerated, they left. I laugh at people like that. I am a Falcons fan and I love the players on our team. I will be there when our new team is developing, not just when there is a product on the field that the fair weathered fans think is worthy of their attention.

That has been the problem with this city for far too long. The fan base...

This team has had a loser mentality since I started watching in 89. Let good players go and don't build around them to make a team better. People are jumping ship because they don't want to go through what I'm gone through the last 19yrs. I'm skeptical myself and this is the VERY first time. Think about it.

BirdsOfPrey (2/22/2008)

I laugh at people when they come and go because of certain players, i.e the Vick faithful. They weren't there prior to him coming and after he was incarcerated, they left. I laugh at people like that. I am a Falcons fan and I love the players on our team. I will be there when our new team is developing, not just when there is a product on the field that the fair weathered fans think is worthy of their attention.

That has been the problem with this city for far too long. The fan base...

Interesting.....you laugh at people who decide when they want to spend their money as opposed to spending their money out of a sense of obligation to a team they dont want to see? Okkkkkk. Well, laugh on....but I'm pretty sure you're being laughed at too.