Run DMC on 680

The Don™

brvslugger10 (2/22/2008)
He would love to play for ATL. Said he doesn't want to have any more issues. Weighed at 204, wants to be 211. Doesn't feel like he can run over people in NFL, and has to run around them, and use his juke moves.
Hes not a power back.There arent many successful power backs out there.Power backs start at 230 or so.

We already have a RB with skinny legs and who can run the 40 in a blink of an eye.

We don't need DMAC. We don't need a NO Bush. NO found out that their play action did not work without a power RB when Duece went down. We need a workhorse/power RB. 230+ pounds

I would be shocked if Dimitroff selected him anyway. FO is wanting to clean this team up and with DMACs off the field problems...NO WAY

Jake Long should be our pick.

Ainge, Henne, or whomever can sit and learn behind Redman.

brvslugger10 (2/22/2008)
He said himself running up the middle in the NFL might be difficult. He said he will have to use his speed and jukes.

WOooooowwww... that sounds EERILY familiar... maybe it sounds EXACTLY like the RB we already have our roster.... Jerious Norwood... DUHHhhhhh... we need a stewart or mendenhall..... not a Dmac

WOooooowwww... that sounds EERILY familiar... maybe it sounds EXACTLY like the RB we already have our roster.... Jerious Norwood... DUHHhhhhh... we need a stewart or mendenhall..... not a Dmac
What the **** is wrong with you? I NEVER said pick McFadden. I am just reporting what he says. The only thing I said was his running style and NOT being a powerback. Jesus Christ, get off my jock!

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/22/2008)
brvslugger10 (2/22/2008)
He said himself running up the middle in the NFL might be difficult. He said he will have to use his speed and jukes.

The back we have now in Norwood did not come close to putting up the numbers DMC has put up over his career at Arkansas. His numbers are in the Adrian Peterson range while playing in a tougher defensive conference. If Atlanta passes on him, like they did by not pursuing Peterson and LaRon Landry aggressively last year, they will once again live with years of regret passing up real impact players for a last second bloomer like Jamal Anderson who has yet to make a real impact on the field. We also could have gone after Amobi Okoye who was more productive last year than Anderson. WE NEED IMPACT PLAYERS. The last one we've had was D. Hall and were shopping him. We can seemingly get a quality QB in the second or third round. We are still very dysfunctional in scoring rushing TDs and successfully running when we need to. This guy is an instinctive skater between the tackles which is a rare quality for running backs with his type of speed. Jerrious Norwood wishes he had what this guy has and I say that as no slight to Norwood who is exciting himself.

The back we have now in Norwood did not come close to putting up the numbers DMC has put up over his career at Arkansas. His numbers are in the Adrian Peterson range while playing in a tougher defensive conference. If Atlanta passes on him, like they did by not pursuing Peterson and LaRon Landry aggressively last year, they will once again live with years of regret passing up real impact players for a last second bloomer like Jamal Anderson who has yet to make a real impact on the field. We also could have gone after Amobi Okoye who was more productive last year than Anderson. WE NEED IMPACT PLAYERS. The last one we've had was D. Hall and were shopping him. We can seemingly get a quality QB in the second or third round. We are still very dysfunctional in scoring rushing TDs and successfully running when we need to. This guy is an instinctive skater between the tackles which is a rare quality for running backs with his type of speed. Jerrious Norwood wishes he had what this guy has and I say that as no slight to Norwood who is exciting himself.

Didn't norwood play in the almighty SEC too? Still though I will agree with you on most of what you are saying though, I think that they are two different player types as well. I wasn't sold on him until I seen him speak to the media today, he's also not the bad guy people are making him out to be. Off field issues will not be a problem with mcfadden. I am more worried about a guy that runs his mouth and trys to control everything, then gets in the odd scrap at a nightclub, ##### I've gotten in a fight out drinking before, and I don't think I have character issues!? why should I hold him to any different standard.

Will (2/22/2008)
Petrino is NOT my hero (2/22/2008)
brvslugger10 (2/22/2008)

Yes we need impact players, not Reggie Bush. I was on this guy's wagon, but his wagon has lost a wheel with me.

There are several "impact" players that we could pick at number 3. McFadden is not the only one.

In fact, I'd be happy with a trade down for more first day picks, as the first round is stacked with 'impact.'

We are not a team that is a player away. We have a lot of holes to fill, and this year we are in a unique position to plug many of those through the draft. IMO, and I hold this opinion strongly, several very good or good players are better than one great player with VERY few exceptions.

rugger8 (2/22/2008)
There are several "impact" players that we could pick at number 3. McFadden is not the only one.

In fact, I'd be happy with a trade down for more first day picks, as the first round is stacked with 'impact.'

We are not a team that is a player away. We have a lot of holes to fill, and this year we are in a unique position to plug many of those through the draft. IMO, and I hold this opinion strongly, several very good or good players are better than one great player with VERY few exceptions.

I thought that we were done with overhyped players after last YEAR!!!! I'm sick of this #####! No more bull! DMC, Ryan, and Brohm need to find teams where they are absolutely needed. I'm getting so that I'm really started to have really messed up feelings towards this damned organization and it makes me frikkin sick as ****!!! They need to get their tjhumbs out of their ***** and finally do something that makes a damned because right now I'm at that very last stage of ##### off, no more from me at all!

Twinblade (2/22/2008)
Norwood isn't going to sell tickets...A team that don't sell tickets is bad for the team, I really hate to say it but Fans would pay to see McFadden run just like they came and paid to see Vick.

It's business.

Nobody will come to watch McFadden run behind a ****** offensive line. You're fooling yourself if you think that.

Twinblade (2/22/2008)
Norwood isn't going to sell tickets...A team that don't sell tickets is bad for the team, I really hate to say it but Fans would pay to see McFadden run just like they came and paid to see Vick.

It's business.

First few games. Then it'll be a black-out the rest of the season. Bush had Deuce, McFadden will have Norwood. WTFE.

Headshot (2/22/2008)
Twinblade (2/22/2008)

It's business.

Nobody will come to watch McFadden run behind a ****** offensive line. You're fooling yourself if you think that.

You act like the falcons will not address this ****** offense.

Twinblade (2/22/2008)

It's business.

McFadden is very similar to Norwood with less speed and

moves. If we sign him then we should trade Norwood away

to some team that gets it. He will sell tickets before he is

through.