Why not Brooking?

tikibar

I don't understand why Brooking isn't cut/dealt. Nice guy, local kid. Leading in tackles and definitely and most importantly NOT an impact player.

I can't remember the time I saw the guy blitz and got a sack. Anyone else feel the same way or is that leading the team in tackles and never making an impact good enough?

The reason why we keep brooking over Hall is he has one year left and he is gone. Hall says he will not play unless he has a new deal. That deal would be to much for the Falcons to pay and want to pay for that matter. So you trade him now and let him get his big deal somewhere else. Plus it is my understanding we might be running a cover 2 style defense this year and there are plenty of CB's that can fit into that system. Thanks for the entertainment over the years Deangelo and good luck!!! C-YA!!!

jason harris (2/22/2008)
The reason why we keep brooking over Hall is he has one year left and he is gone. Hall says he will not play unless he has a new deal. That deal would be to much for the Falcons to pay and want to pay for that matter. So you trade him now and let him get his big deal somewhere else. Plus it is my understanding we might be running a cover 2 style defense this year and there are plenty of CB's that can fit into that system. Thanks for the entertainment over the years Deangelo and good luck!!! C-YA!!!

Yes well Brook better restructure or something or our FO knows nothing.

jason harris (2/22/2008)

On top of all of the above We need TEAM players not ones who are ranting and raving while being disruptive! Especially when their self analysis is highly better than the reality! :D

gobige (2/22/2008)
I don't understand why Brooking isn't cut/dealt. Nice guy, local kid. Leading in tackles and definitely and most importantly NOT an impact player.

I can't remember the time I saw the guy blitz and got a sack. Anyone else feel the same way or is that leading the team in tackles and never making an impact good enough?

GOBIGE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY. WHERE I COME FROM, IF YOU LEAD THE TEAM IN TACKLES ....... THAT IS AN IMPACT ...... WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ASK OF A LINEBACKER? I DON'T CARE HOW YOU CUT IT .... IF HE LEADS IN TACKLES .... GIVE THE GUY HIS DUE.........:)