This Organiztion Is More Divided Down Racial Lines Than Ever In Its History

Robert Miller

What's going on with this team has nothing to do with race. We finally have someone looking at what it takes to build a team. You can be that they will not cut anyone they feel fits in with their plan to create a respectable team here. The only racial division I see is among the posters as they preceive the changes being made.

The Race BS is getting really really old. Isn't Dunn, Norwood, Shockley, all of a certain darker race? I think we are just tearing down in hopes of rebuilding. I don't think any of the moves that we are seeing have a d_mn thing to do with race. It seems like they have more to do with shifting the focus to a team mentality, instead of the "waaa, waaa...I don't like my coach, I don't like my contract etc" whining that some of these players are doing. I just wish for one second we could capture the magic of the patriots, and get players that are more about winning together, than bumping their chest and saying "look what I did"

Look at moss in NE...he thrived, and you very rarely heard anything at all out of him...winning breeds professionalism...maybe Dhall should look that word up.

Magic Man (2/22/2008)
The Race BS is getting really really old. Isn't Dunn, Norwood, Shockley, all of a certain darker race? I think we are just tearing down in hopes of rebuilding. I don't think any of the moves that we are seeing have a d_mn thing to do with race. It seems like they have more to do with shifting the focus to a team mentality, instead of the "waaa, waaa...I don't like my coach, I don't like my contract etc" whining that some of these players are doing. I just wish for one second we could capture the magic of the patriots, and get players that are more about winning together, than bumping their chest and saying "look what I did"

Look at moss in NE...he thrived, and you very rarely heard anything at all out of him...winning breeds professionalism...maybe Dhall should look that word up.

Historically people have had a problem with outspoken black athletes I don't think that can even be debated.

I'm not going to fully agree with this statement that the organization is more racially divided, because the majority of our players as well as the NFL are black, but this has been and right now is true, there is a higher tolerence for white athletes that speak out and do poorly on the field than there is for black athletes. You hear the phrase, "What have you done for me lately?" more times than not when you speak in reference to a black athlete, but somehow this is lost a lot of the times when you talk about the performance of white athletes you hear, "He's a hall of famer...It's okay that's not typically him...He's struggling but he's a winner." I really don't think the organization is divided as much as the fans are, and this all boils down to what was earlier stated. There's a higher tolerence for white athletes that act out of order moreso than there is when it comes to black athletes.

birdweiserrr (2/22/2008)
You may be right. The lack of white guys on the team is disturbing.

Thas right, Rich "Slobodan Milosevic" McKay s ethnic cleansing campaign with a token on each side of the ball as in Tampa hasn't worked. Time for and new direction and the rainbow collation :cool:

Play Maka Baka (2/22/2008)
I'm not going to fully agree with this statement that the organization is more racially divided, because the majority of our players as well as the NFL are black, but this has been and right now is true, there is a higher tolerence for white athletes that speak out and do poorly on the field than there is for black athletes. You hear the phrase, "What have you done for me lately?" more times than not when you speak in reference to a black athlete, but somehow this is lost a lot of the times when you talk about the performance of white athletes you hear, "He's a hall of famer...It's okay that's not typically him...He's struggling but he's a winner." I really don't think the organization is divided as much as the fans are, and this all boils down to what was earlier stated. There's a higher tolerence for white athletes that act out of order moreso than there is when it comes to black athletes.

McNabb and McNair kill that argument - neither one has had very good years lately due to health but they are still viewed as very valuable assets to their team. Emmitt Smith played until he was 82

Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, and many many many more kill that on the white side of things

Typically white players are in the treches and they are shuffled through more than anyone

the league has to be near 80% black so when something bad happens there is an 80% chance it is a black man - but look at Leaf, Belichick, Rivers (after jawing with the drunken fans), Kyle Turley (after practicing his hammer throw with Damien Robinson's helmet), these "white" guys didn't get a pass

Some live in the glory of being outspoken and outlandish but also die by it - Chad Johnson has made himself a household name but when he stops being productive he will get critisized, but not by just white people (Keyshawn interview)

Just like people think Brooking is getting a pass, just as many think Dunn is getting the same pass

in other words, it goes both ways