Hall feels 'stabbed in the back' by Falcons

atljbo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yardbird (2/22/2008)

Agreed. I've seen Hall make at least 1 tackle.

That's definitely worthy of the attitude and negative attention he brings from his tantrums in the media. :rolleyes:

The last play before Halftime vs. the Saints proved what type of player he is. Instead of knocking the ball down, he tries to pad his personal stats. ****, he didn't start running his mouth to the media until last off-season's nightmare. Before then, he was semi-tolerable.

I'll miss his interviews.

This was one of my favorites.

"Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall did not take kindly to a physical threat made earlier this week by Detroit center Dominic Raiola. Hall, Thursday, disclosed his address and phone number then said, "He can come see me. This goes way beyond football. I don't know who he thinks he's talking to but that's my address, that's my phone number. Make sure he gets it and tell him to come see me." Raiola was upset over a hands-to-the-head hit by Hall to quarterback John Kitna in the Lions' victory over the Falcons Sunday. The NFL may announce a fine for Hall today. ... "I ain't said two words to this chump," Hall said of Raiola. "If he wants to see me, he can come see me and tell him to bring his homeboys with him." (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) "

That's definitely worthy of the attitude and negative attention he brings from his tantrums in the media. :rolleyes:

The last play before Halftime vs. the Saints proved what type of player he is. Instead of knocking the ball down, he tries to pad his personal stats. ****, he didn't start running his mouth to the media until last off-season's nightmare. Before then, he was semi-tolerable.

Yep

Statick (2/22/2008)
So do the fans of Atlanta, Hall. Check the current results of poll that went with his "stabbed in the back" article.

How should the Falcons proceed with cornerback DeAngelo Hall?

Extend his contract 14.46% 468

Trade him 85.54% 2769

Hit the road, Jack. You ain't Mike Vick.

Hey, look! An update!

How should the Falcons proceed with cornerback DeAngelo Hall?

Extend his contract 14.26% 493

Trade him 85.74% 2964

Not looking good...:P

The fact is D-Hall is one **** of a corner. He is indeed in the last year of his contract so I agree with moving him while we can. His asking price will be real high next year and we probably wouldn't be a player for his services at that time. I do think that #31 overall is not enough for a premier corner. If he were in this draft class he would definitely be a top ten pick. This move could really help us fill some holes. The only problem is that it creates a new one at DB and good DB's are hard to come by.

I listened to Mike Smith being interviewed on

Sirius yesterday and he said he thought Hall

was one of the best players on the Falcons

and that he hoped he was with the team for

many years to come. This is exactly what he

should be saying whether we are keeping him

or trading him but it sounded sincere. Today

Hall hits with a media blitz that he is "gone".

So I think he wants out for a better chance

for immediate gratification/winning situation.

raven reborn (2/22/2008)
As much as I've always defended his play you have to admit he's a big crybaby

Really? A big crybaby? Alot of people are like "he should just honor his contract then worry about getting his money"..what if he was to get hurt in '08? D Hall is looking out for himself first and he has too...this is a business afterall. You don't let probowl players get into the last year of there contract-especially when it's a rookie contract-because then you get what we have with D Hall. He is potentially risking losing millions playing on the last year of a contract with nothing to back him for it. He already stated that he wanted to play in Atlanta. His "bluff" wasn't called by Atlanta. He'll go to a winner and we'll still be rebuilding 3 years from now arguing about what could have been.

I know a lot of people are ripping Hall right now, and by all means, but he's not wrong and that's the organizations fault.

"I don't want to stay there," Hall said Friday at the NFL scouting combine. "I would go anywhere that wants me. That's the thing. It's hard to play for or be part of an organization that doesn't want you. I just want to go somewhere where I'm wanted."

Who doesn't want to go where they are wanted? Why would he want to stay in a place where the fans (minority) rip him every week, and the organization wants to get rid of him to rebuild, dispite being only 24-years-old?

3rd and short (2/22/2008)
I'll miss his interviews.

This was one of my favorites.

"Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall did not take kindly to a physical threat made earlier this week by Detroit center Dominic Raiola. Hall, Thursday, disclosed his address and phone number then said, "He can come see me. This goes way beyond football. I don't know who he thinks he's talking to but that's my address, that's my phone number. Make sure he gets it and tell him to come see me." Raiola was upset over a hands-to-the-head hit by Hall to quarterback John Kitna in the Lions' victory over the Falcons Sunday. The NFL may announce a fine for Hall today. ... "I ain't said two words to this chump," Hall said of Raiola. "If he wants to see me, he can come see me and tell him to bring his homeboys with him." (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) "

I'm not gonna miss the thug.

What a coincidence the Tiki Barber--the ultimate badmouthing diva---retires and the giants win the superbowl.

Same goes with Brooking and all the other "untouchables," either buy into THE TEAM CONCEPT or be cut, traded or just put on a bus. But no more on the Falcons

I'm with TD, get rid of every friggin prima dona piece of trashtalking, arrogant, non-producing players from the the early regimes and move the **** on!

I agree!! It's time to make a team not a group of talent!!:D

I am on the fence with this trade of Hall.

Solid player

Vet player

Wants to be here even after last season

I know people label him for causing trouble but.

We need physical corners in the NFL(this is not flag football)

He spoke out about Petrino,GOOD for him he was spot on.

With Brooking and Dunn needing to renegotiate or be cut why not work out a deal for him to really get paid in a year we will have the room.I am not understanding why we are ruling this out because him and S.Smith had issues on the field last year.Who cares we sucked anyway,We got a #3 pick to fill much needed holes in this swiss cheese of a team.Steve Smith beat corners on a regular basis and helped contribute to what happened But was not apart of this game cause of who?

I was mad at Hall,he was fined and they dealt with it,dont pass judgment on that as to the type of player he is and how he could help this team.

Should he feel betrayed?

He should feel this way though,last season we cut a good nose tackle because a ****** was running the team.There was rumors that they where going to cut all the vets and have a college team so Petrino could talk to them like they where not men but boys.

Hall spoke out and with new Management we look him in the face and say wow we would love to keep you blow smoke blow smoke blow smoke,then turn around and say hey what would you give me for him??? Drool drool drool.

This is the only thing I dont agree with by the new gm and coach.

Hope it works out for the team though.

prince213 (2/23/2008)
What a coincidence the Tiki Barber--the ultimate badmouthing diva---retires and the giants win the superbowl.

Same goes with Brooking and all the other "untouchables," either buy into THE TEAM CONCEPT or be cut, traded or just put on a bus. But no more on the Falcons

I'm with TD, get rid of every friggin prima dona piece of trashtalking, arrogant, non-producing players from the the early regimes and move the **** on!

I agree!! It's time to make a team not a group of talent!!:D

How many of those ideal teams exist in the NFL? How many we are one, no man alone is more important than the whole teams are there in the league?

None and we're talking about how many teams live it not how many teams say it.

You like to think the Pats are and they like to claim they are but that's bs. The Pats have plenty of stars that want to get theirs. It just happens that getting theirs = getting a ring so everyone's focus is aligned. Its easy to push that team concept when everyone's goal is the same and everyone knows they have a good shot at achieving that goal. However, when your team is in the crapper the only way you can get that kind of cohesion is by putting together a bunch of guys that are just happy to be in the NFL, which is what TD seems to be doing. They won't win many games but boy they'll lose as a team. The only difference between the Falcons of the past few seasons and the Pats is that they're better coached and they have better players. The Pats aren't a bunch of scrubs that play beyond their capabilities because they play as a team. Their story isn't as romantic and bubbly as some of you would like to think.

Grim Truth (2/23/2008)

Who doesn't want to go where they are wanted? Why would he want to stay in a place where the fans (minority) rip him every week, and the organization wants to get rid of him to rebuild, dispite being only 24-years-old?

Sooooooo....just because he's a minority we (the minority fanbase) should blindly support him and his bad behavior and his bad attitude?

I don't think so. He's burned his bridges and now he's paying for it.