Hall feels 'stabbed in the back' by Falcons

atljbo

Hall feels 'stabbed in the back' by Falcons

Unhappy CB wants to 'go somewhere where I'm wanted'

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/22/08

Indianapolis - Cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he wanted to remain with the Falcons.

"I don't want to stay there," Hall said Friday at the NFL scouting combine. "I would go anywhere that wants me. That's the thing. It's hard to play for or be part of an organization that doesn't want you. I just want to go somewhere where I'm wanted."

Hall said he and his agent have been made aware that the Falcons are entertaining trade offers, which he has construed as the team not wanting him to return for a fifth season - the last of his contract. Hall said he has not demanded a trade or requested permission to seek a trade.

Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said last week that he thinks Hall makes the Falcons better. Coach Mike Smith said that he wants Hall on the team. However, Dimitroff said the team would entertain trade offers.

Dimitroff was not immediately available for comment Friday afternoon.

Falcons officials have said they would want at least a first-round pick for the two-time Pro Bowler. The Newark Star-Ledger reported Friday that the New York Giants might be willing to part with their first-round pick to acquire Hall. Several league officials at the combine said that Washington also could be interested.

Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato declined comment since Hall is under contract with the Falcons.

Hall said he would prefer to be dealt as soon as possible and that he would not demand that the team that traded for him extend his contract. He said that he felt "betrayed" by the Falcons and that he had been "stabbed in the back" because of the team's refusal to try its best to retain him.

"Slim and none," Hall said about his chances about being back with the Falcons next season.

Dang its really over

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what Hall thinks? Thats the problem with this **** team---its always what vick, or Hall or Dunn or whichever diva player cares--never about the teams goals and needs.

What a coincidence the Tiki Barber--the ultimate badmouthing diva---retires and the giants win the superbowl.

Same goes with Brooking and all the other "untouchables," either buy into THE TEAM CONCEPT or be cut, traded or just put on a bus. But no more on the Falcons

I'm with TD, get rid of every friggin prima dona piece of trashtalking, arrogant, non-producing players from the the early regimes and move the **** on!

hitman404 (2/22/2008)
He can leave that #21 behind as well. Matter of fact he should not even wear 21! "I own 85" my @$$

He's a piece of crap and a cancer.

If you knew anything about sports, you would know it's not always about talent.

Some "talented" players can do more damage than good.

Particularly when they talk a lot of crap then get WORKED...Or when they single handedly lose us a game.

He can kiss my #####.

jdu00743 (2/22/2008)
hitman404 (2/22/2008)
He can leave that #21 behind as well. Matter of fact he should not even wear 21! "I own 85" my @$$

Particularly when they talk a lot of crap then get WORKED...Or when they single handedly lose us a game.

He can kiss my #####.

completely agree.. falcon fans IMO should be very happy..

Eric Obraiden (2/22/2008)
Who cares what Hall thinks? Thats the problem with this **** team---its always what vick, or Hall or Dunn or whichever diva player cares--never about the teams goals and needs.

What a coincidence the Tiki Barber--the ultimate badmouthing diva---retires and the giants win the superbowl.

Same goes with Brooking and all the other "untouchables," either buy into THE TEAM CONCEPT or be cut, traded or just put on a bus. But no more on the Falcons

I'm with TD, get rid of every friggin prima dona piece of trashtalking, arrogant, non-producing players from the the early regimes and move the **** on!

I AGREE WITH U..BUT WHY IS BROOKING STILL ON THIS TEAM..HE IS HORRIBLE

jdu00743 (2/22/2008)
hitman404 (2/22/2008)

He can kiss my #####.

Well said. To **** with Hall we are better off without his antics.

grendel (2/22/2008)
j105 (2/22/2008)
I'm glad most of you are real happy we lost one if not our best player. Real fans obviously. What loyalty you display...

I'm a fan of the team. If you're a Hall fan, then follow him to his new team. The Falcons, as a team, will be better off with what we get for him rather than his whining and complaining.

Haha, yeah right. Being a fan of a team means supporting its players. Without players, what is a team??? Do i support Hall? Yes. But i also support the Falcons of which he is/was a part. So don't feed me that "I support the team not the players!!!" BS because supporting one is supporting the other.

I keep hearing all this "its the FO's fault and its Hall's fault and Nanny nanny boo boo" and its just stupid.

We are evidently rebuilding this team from top to bottom. With that being said, there are a great number of things that will be done from a pure business type situation. And it looks like Hall will be one of them.

Hall is going to want a large amount of money and we aren't in a position to give that to him right now. Thats just the way it is. And we need to get something for him before next year. (make sense???)

So quit with all the matyrdom of Hall and all the stupidity about the possible trade. This league is all about business and Hall and the Falcons just don't fit with one another right now.

Of course he construed it that way. I supported Hall this year, but we sucked, so if he leaves and we still suck... eh. This teams doesn't need a facelift, it needs an overhaul. We need fresh blood, and what is more we don't need Hall pissing. He is a good CB, maybe a very good one, but there are several corners in the NFL who are as good as he is without the mouth, You need confidence? How about quiet confidence? I am supporting the team on this one, take the highest offer and run with it.

grendel (2/22/2008)
j105 (2/22/2008)
grendel (2/22/2008)
j105 (2/22/2008)
I'm glad most of you are real happy we lost one if not our best player. Real fans obviously. What loyalty you display...

I'm a fan of the team. If you're a Hall fan, then follow him to his new team. The Falcons, as a team, will be better off with what we get for him rather than his whining and complaining.

Haha, yeah right. Being a fan of a team means supporting its players. Without players, what is a team??? Do i support Hall? Yes. But i also support the Falcons of which he is/was a part. So don't feed me that "I support the team not the players!!!" BS because supporting one is supporting the other.

I support the players who put the team before themselves. Players like Boley and Brooking. That said, if Brooking is cut, I'll understand that it's a business decision, and why I'll remain a Brooking fan I won't ##### and moan about it, and I'll remain a Falcons fan. Players who put themselves before the team are better off somewhere else, IMO, and I won't shed a tear.

Yes, Brooking supporting the team is really helping us. We need talent! Hall may have had a big mouth, but he wasn't out murdering or duck fighting or anything like that. I'm not stupid and i understand that its a business decision, but people acting like Hall was hurting this team are either mentally ill or just wanting attention.