Would you be mad if...

Norwood32

Guest Libid21

Yes, I would be disappointed. Forte isn't worth a second round pick, and even if I like the guy, I wouldn't want to spend a second round pick for him. If Forte is drafted before our third round selection, then I'd just go with BenJarvus Green-Ellis from Ole Miss or Jehuu Caulcrick from Michigan St. in the later rounds... we could drastically improve our offensive and defensive line with those two second round draft picks.

Ryda003 (2/22/2008)
I think there will be better backs on the board but i wouldnt be mad.. i would only be mad if we drafted henne or flacco

We are going to have to draft QB this year, So I'm guessing we pass on Ellis, Long, Dorsey or the other long and take either Ryan or Brohm with the #3 pick . Henne is next rated QB in this Draft. Flacco could be had in the 3rd or 4th rounds, He 's more of a project than Henne.

docmac (2/24/2008)
Ryda003 (2/22/2008)
I think there will be better backs on the board but i wouldnt be mad.. i would only be mad if we drafted henne or flacco

We are going to have to draft QB this year, So I'm guessing we pass on Ellis, Long, Dorsey or the other long and take either Ryan or Brohm with the #3 pick . Henne is next rated QB in this Draft. Flacco could be had in the 3rd or 4th rounds, He 's more of a project than Henne.

The way it looks now, there is NO way we take Brian Brohm with the #3 pick. He's my favorite QB in the draft, and IMO the best as well, but he isn't even close to #3 value. I sincerely hope we don't take that bum from BC. I'd be pretty shocked if our first round pick wasn't either: Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Jake Long, Chris Long, or Darren McFadden. This is assuming we don't/can't trade down. Flacco will go in the 2nd most likely too.

i love forte but that is too early for him imo.

id be fine with any of these guys in the 3rd round or maybe in the 3rd round comp pick to 4th round range:

Matt Forte

Ray Rice

Tashard Choice

Mike Hart

Kevin Smith

i feel like im forgetting someone but there is going to be someone available in the 3rd or even with our comp pick or the 4th rounder that we can pick up. this draft is SO deep in RB's that we can afford to wait to get a workhorse power back in the 3rd or the 4th, i like so many of them.

scott24falcs (2/24/2008)
Ray Rice is a really good RB. He doesn't have anything close to blazing speed, but he's just a good, hard-nosed back. Couple Rice with Norwood, and we've got a nice duo of RBs for the future.

well said, and exactly my reasoning. if you look at this guy run, even if you look at highlights, he's an inside runner with great vision. i love his running style. low to tha ground and a bowling ball.