New info on D-Hall

atljbo

According to our main source in Indianapolis, Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall is being shopped league wide. Per the source, there are 7 teams interested in Hall, but the New York Giants have the best offer on the table, right now. Dallas is in it and Jerry Jones has asked for permission to talk numbers. The Cowboys may offer their second first rounder.

atljbo (2/22/2008)
According to our main source in Indianapolis, Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall is being shopped league wide. Per the source, there are 7 teams interested in Hall, but the New York Giants have the best offer on the table, right now. Dallas is in it and Jerry Jones has asked for permission to talk numbers. The Cowboys may offer their second first rounder.
The more teams interested=more value. Hopefully we can also get a legitimate player in the deal.

GEORGIAfan (2/22/2008)
dude i would tender a 1st/3rd for D.Hall he is a 24yr old 2 time probowl corner. 31 pick is pretty much 2nd round pick.

i agree we need more then that 31st pick.....But on the tender part....he will be able to opt out like PK did last offseason.....so its either sign him or trade him....My boy from draftdaddy said d-hall has been asking to be trade privately because he does not want to be part of rebuilding....he is acting like the victim as a PR move.....so the trade is going to happen

statz (2/22/2008)
D Hall sucks so much, 7 teams are interested in him, including at least 3 playoffs, including the SB champs. :hehe:

I don't think he sucks and I don't want to give up a top-tier corner. However, if he doesn't want to be here, than it's best to get as much as we can while we can.

The best case scenario otherwise (since I think it's safe to assume we won't be signing him ourselves) that he plays next year, leaves as a free agent, and we get a third or fourth round compensatory pick for him.

It makes a lot more sense to get a first rounder (and maybe more) now than maybe to have some good corner play for a year on a team that isn't going anywhere and then lose him for much less.

Direwolf

direwolf (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)
D Hall sucks so much, 7 teams are interested in him, including at least 3 playoffs, including the SB champs. :hehe:

I don't think he sucks and I don't want to give up a top-tier corner. However, if he doesn't want to be here, than it's best to get as much as we can while we can.

The best case scenario otherwise (since I think it's safe to assume we won't be signing him ourselves) that he plays next year, leaves as a free agent, and we get a third or fourth round compensatory pick for him.

It makes a lot more sense to get a first rounder (and maybe more) now than maybe to have some good corner play for a year on a team that isn't going anywhere and then lose him for much less.

Direwolf

He doesn't want to be here because Atlanta doesn't want him here. D Hall was on record saying he wanted an extension. He said he wanted to stay in Atlanta. Coach Smith wanted him here. Dimwit thought he was expendable and told Hall they were shopping him. That's why Hall doesn't want to be here anymore Dimwit burned the bridge, not Hall.

statz (2/22/2008)
direwolf (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)

Direwolf

He doesn't want to be here because Atlanta doesn't want him here. D Hall was on record saying he wanted an extension. He said he wanted to stay in Atlanta. Coach Smith wanted him here. Dimwit thought he was expendable and told Hall they were shopping him. That's why Hall doesn't want to be here anymore Dimwit burned the bridge, not Hall.

Hall is also on record as saying he doesn't want to play for a losing team again or be a port of a rebuilding effort. Well since we ARE rebuilding I guess that means he DOESN'T want to be here. Use all the facts next time.

The Kaiser (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)
direwolf (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)

Direwolf

Hall is also on record as saying he doesn't want to play for a losing team again or be a port of a rebuilding effort. Well since we ARE rebuilding I guess that means he DOESN'T want to be here. Use all the facts next time.

Then why was he going to the FO asking for an extension?

statz (2/22/2008)
The Kaiser (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)
direwolf (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)

Direwolf

IDK probably the same reason he went to them and asked to be traded before going to the combine today and acted shocked. He says whatever makes him look better to the public. If he really wanted to stay here the contract would have been done already since the coach AND GM have both said they wanted to keep him before.

The Kaiser (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)
The Kaiser (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)
direwolf (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)

Direwolf

IDK probably the same reason he went to them and asked to be traded before going to the combine today and acted shocked. He says whatever makes him look better to the public. If he really wanted to stay here the contract would have been done already since the coach AND GM have both said they wanted to keep him before.

Get your facts straight, Hall didn't ask for a trade. He asked for an extension. He was already interviewed at the combine and explained this. He was told that he was being shopped because he did not fit the team's future plans. The coach said he wanted Hall, TD never said it. They try to ask like Hall is **** bent on getting out of Atlanta. Dimwit is **** bent on getting him out of here.

statz (2/22/2008)Get your facts straight, Hall didn't ask for a trade. He asked for an extension. He was already interviewed at the combine and explained this. He was told that he was being shopped because he did not fit the team's future plans. The coach said he wanted Hall, TD never said it. They try to ask like Hall is **** bent on getting out of Atlanta. Dimwit is **** bent on getting him out of here.

Then what of the reports that he DID ask to be traded? Or is it that you only hear the things you want to and everything else just doesn't exist.

The Kaiser (2/22/2008)
statz (2/22/2008)Get your facts straight, Hall didn't ask for a trade. He asked for an extension. He was already interviewed at the combine and explained this. He was told that he was being shopped because he did not fit the team's future plans. The coach said he wanted Hall, TD never said it. They try to ask like Hall is **** bent on getting out of Atlanta. Dimwit is **** bent on getting him out of here.

Then what of the reports that he DID ask to be traded? Or is it that you only hear the things you want to and everything else just doesn't exist.

The only report of him asking to be traded was last year. It said he would demand a trade if they got another head coach like Petrino.