The Truth about DHall and this teams future

red2play

Mike Smith is a Cover 2 guy. He doesn't need DHall for this defense. Instead we can unload DHall, Move J Will to CB (he's perfect for the cover 2), save our cap, and pick up another OL or DL with that pick.

Can you imagine Dorsey and Pat Sims? Along with TWO more picks in the 2nd?

Hard to beat that.

Like it or not, Hall's not in our future.

red2play (2/22/2008)
Mike Smith is a Cover 2 guy. He doesn't need DHall for this defense. Instead we can unload DHall, Move J Will to CB (he's perfect for the cover 2), save our cap, and pick up another OL or DL with that pick.

Can you imagine Dorsey and Pat Sims? Along with TWO more picks in the 2nd?

Hard to beat that.

Like it or not, Hall's not in our future.

You forgot to mention that we get rid of his mouth also, which is a plus.

statz (2/22/2008)
It's for Mike Smith, but Smith has already been on record saying wants Hall. If I seem to remember, the Pats, the team we so desperately want to model, have a pro bowl CB. The Jags had a good cover pro bowler in Mathis.

Thank you for pointing that out Statz. I don't agree w/you on most things, but I don't understand how that part can be true (per TD) and "Hall doesn't fit Smith's D" can also be true. Something doesn't jibe...

This is horrible logic. Just plain and simple. Horrible. Mike Smith has been attached to nothing but teams that play bump and run. You're out of your non-football-watching-mind if you dont think Rashean Mathis is running with every WR he lines up against.

Why do you people get refusing to understand that just because Mike Smith likes to play a Cloud 2 with his safeties, that he doesnt run a Tampa 2?

statz (2/22/2008)
It's for Mike Smith, but Smith has already been on record saying wants Hall. If I seem to remember, the Pats, the team we so desperately want to model, have a pro bowl CB. The Jags had a good cover pro bowler in Mathis.

Its a smoke screen. It up's the value of DHall to the other teams. Say anything less and he loses value.