HALL'S ESTIMATED TRADE VALUE

jason harris

Deangelo was the 8th over all selection for the falcons. According to the draft value chart this selection is worth 1,400 pts. The Giants 31st pick would be worth 600 pts. I can't see TD pulling the trigger on this one un less he sees Hall as a total cancer to the team. I do believe we move him but not for this little. Possibly look at getting there 31st pick along with another player.

Or package Hall and the 3rd overall to Dallas for:

3rd over all = Both Dalls's 1st rd picks and Marion Barber III

Hall= Bobby Carpenter and Patrick Watkins

jason harris (2/22/2008)
Deangelo was the 8th over all selection for the falcons. According to the draft value chart this selection is worth 1,400 pts. The Giants 31st pick would be worth 600 pts. I can't see TD pulling the trigger on this one un less he sees Hall as a total cancer to the team. I do believe we move him but not for this little. Possibly look at getting there 31st pick along with another player.

Ohh yea, i would pull the trigger on that without thinkin bout it.

Where a player was drafted has nothing to do with his value 4 years later. Do you think Joey Harrington is worth the third pick in the draft? Draft value is based on scouting before a player plays in the NFL. Once a player has played 4 years in the NFL, his draft value is meaningless.

halsey (2/22/2008)
Where a player was drafted has nothing to do with his value 4 years later. Do you think Joey Harrington is worth the third pick in the draft? Draft value is based on scouting before a player plays in the NFL. Once a player has played 4 years in the NFL, his draft value is meaningless.

he is worth at least a top 10 pick that's for sure. harrington is a bust, hall is great.

Scrappy777 (2/22/2008)
falconfansince66 (2/22/2008)
Consider this scenario:

Let's say we trade our #3 for Dallas' first round picks and DeHall for NY's first (and maybe a 3rd rounder).

That would give us Five of the first 48 Picks (three in the first round alone)...

We would be in Cap ****

This is true. We might could use some of them to trade out for some decent picks next year or some players that we can use right away that don't give us a huge cap hit.

scott hartley (2/22/2008)
halsey (2/22/2008)

he is worth at least a top 10 pick that's for sure. harrington is a bust, hall is great.

If he's worth a top 10 pick then why isn't a team offering that? Yeah, that's what I thought.

halsey (2/22/2008)

That is what it boils down to Hartley.

jason harris (2/22/2008)

You cant consider the draft position we got him at.Its about how he plays and how he wants to get paid.If hes demanding 10 mill a year it could be a good deal for us.I could see other teams getting involved and fetching a better pick similiar to how we had to trade to get abraham.

That would likely improve the team more than Hall and eliminate any negativity he brings to the team. I also like the idea of trading our 3rd for Dallas' two 1st rounders and then trading D Hall separately. If you get Barber and Dallas top 2 you probably have to throw in a draft pick of ours as well, 2nd or 3rd, but that gives you two top picks and a starting RB so a lot of potential. Since we are talking rookies the cap can be worked as there is a formula and they got slotted in. The bigger issue comes when they are up for their second contract and you have to pay vs an open market. Point is you can fit two 1st rounders more easily than renewing D Hall next year when it will take a big time signing bonus.

If Dallas moves up for Mcfadden on draft day, we could see a Hall for Barber swap immediately after. I would hope we make them sweeten the pot with a pick or two in that scenario, but it seems like a mutually beneficial move for both teams-- those are the types of trades that have the best chance of getting done.

halsey (2/22/2008)
halsey (2/22/2008)

If he's worth a top 10 pick then why isn't a team offering that? Yeah, that's what I thought.

DO you really know what teams are offering for him? ya thats what I THOUGHT. you dont because all you have is rumors.

jason harris (2/22/2008)

I think the Barber is a fair deal. Apparently they wanted the pick anyways and were willing to trade Barber and their 1st rounder. So your also get a 1st rounder with Hall included.