Matt Ryan will do WHAT for the Falcons if we don't surround him with talent....

Maskerade

All the talk about what Ryan will do is just that, talk. If Ryan was going to the Pats or Colts it would be a different story. However, here in Atlanta, he'll be just another average QB that will have to depend on the cast around him to be successful.

Drafting a game changer is what we need with a 1st or 3rd pick. The Vikes did great with AP. I say draft a bonafied RB, OT before we try snag a QB. Ryan with the cast we have now and w/o D-Hall won't get us into the playoffs.

Drafting a stud RB and landing a capable QB like Brennan, Flacco will be the best solution. Remember Tom Brady was a capable QB that went in the 7th.

We don't need to blow a top pick in a QB. As much as the YKW saga haunts us, there will never be another #1 QB pick that will do so much with so little. A great running game with a home-run RB makes a average QB's job easier.............hence Chandler & the 1998 Falcons.

Minnesotas offensive doesn't get enough credit....AP was a game-breaker but he didn't open his own running lanes....Your title is exactly right.....What would Ryan do with no supporting cast?....well,...I think it would be a good idea if we used the rest of our picks on supporting cast....offense, defense, special teams,..it doesn't matter...we won't use every pick on a QB....we are BUILDING here....not re-loading or re-building...starting from scratch....We'll get what we need....I really think this is a solid staff

I'm tired of people talking like every late round QB is gonna be another Brady, cause if that was the case Bradys situation wouldn't be anything cause every late round QB would be good. I don't want Matt Ryan with our first pick and pretty much for all the reasons you mentioned so i agree wit you, jus gettin tired of the whole lets wait and draft one late cause we could get a Brady talk, when would could also get a bum who doesn't even make the roster. If we dont trade down, we need to go OL/DL with our first.

Scrappy777 (2/22/2008)
I'm tired of people talking like every late round QB is gonna be another Brady, cause if that was the case Bradys situation wouldn't be anything cause every late round QB would be good. I don't want Matt Ryan with our first pick and pretty much for all the reasons you mentioned so i agree wit you, jus gettin tired of the whole lets wait and draft one late cause we could get a Brady talk, when would could also get a bum who doesn't even make the roster. If we dont trade down, we need to go OL/DL with our first.

I agree there are too many "Look at Tom Brady in the 6th round" replies. Dimitroff or whoever scouted him didn't get the Patriots to draft him to be anything more than a backup and he just happened to turn out great.

I hope you are right, because there are gems out there to be found and I think picking a QB that high will hinder our building. There will be above average QBs left in the 2nd. We just need to build up around whoever he will be. A home-run RB can't hurt the process. Andre Woodson definately will be there, and Flacco, possibly Brennan.