AJC at it again

geraldg

What is with this paper? With all of the glaring holes on the defensive and offensive line, as well as running back, our local paper is campaigning for a guy that threw 19 ints. last year in college. Please tell me how this guy is so head and shoulders above Brohm, Henne, Woodson, and Ainge? And most experts have these guys going after the first round. I hope that this front office is not stupid enough to fall for this crap.

And Mike Mayock on the NFL Network is ridiculous with his praise of Ryan. Last night, he was blaming Ryan's 19 ints. on his receivers. Why is it when certain quarterbacks make mistakes the blame is always on the receivers, but other quarterbacks are labeled as mistake-prone, careless with the football, and unable to read coverages. That is the label being placed on Vince Young right now. People rarely talk about the receiving corp he has which is probably the worst in the league. I'm just sick of the hypocrisy that is being exihibited in the media.

Ohhh the AJC. They are selling the Sunday's paper for a dollar on the street every week. Nobody buys that paper and the sports commentators are VERY stupid. They would state week after week how Vick "never turned the corner" just to make another article about how he hid all of the flaws of the team.

They want Ryan right? cool. Let's see if TD is as stupid as they are.

swiftkick (2/22/2008)
Matt Ryan will have a better career here then Vick did and will bring us a championship

I believe in TD and he will provide Ryan with a oline and a rushing attack with a young growing wr corps in White, Robinson out future doesnt look as bad as many so called fans believe

And all this is based on 19 ints.? Give me a break. If Ryan is drafted, the organization will not be looking for a "championship QB", but a new, friendly, likeable face for the franchise. The Falcon's version of Jeff Francouer.

I'm hoping that we don't take Ryan but there seems to be tons of experts and analysts that see Ryan as a sure fire prospect. I personally would wager that Henne is going to be the best qb in this draft and that we should take him in the second round.

As for our first rounder I have a few players that I think would be great picks. I love Jake Long, I also like Ellis from Southern Cal, and I like Dorsey. I actually think Howie's son from UVA may be the best D lineman in this draft. He has great talent and a very high motor. But since we took DE in the first round last year I can't imagine that we would take Long with the pick. But he's going to be a stud for many years in the NFL.

Regarding Mike Maycock and his list of top 20 prospects in the draft; it is much different from any other list I have seen. He's got the CB from Va. Tech in the top 10 and he has McFadden somewhere in the mid teens. He does have Mendenhall above McFadden which I think may turn out to be true at the NFL level.

geraldg (2/22/2008)
What is with this paper? With all of the glaring holes on the defensive and offensive line, as well as running back, our local paper is campaigning for a guy that threw 19 ints. last year in college. Please tell me how this guy is so head and shoulders above Brohm, Henne, Woodson, and Ainge? And most experts have these guys going after the first round. I hope that this front office is not stupid enough to fall for this crap.

And Mike Mayock on the NFL Network is ridiculous with his praise of Ryan. Last night, he was blaming Ryan's 19 ints. on his receivers. Why is it when certain quarterbacks make mistakes the blame is always on the receivers, but other quarterbacks are labeled as mistake-prone, careless with the football, and unable to read coverages. That is the label being placed on Vince Young right now. People rarely talk about the receiving corp he has which is probably the worst in the league. I'm just sick of the hypocrisy that is being exihibited in the media.

This further tell me that Ryan is a bad pick. AJC is retarted. Now all I need is Terrance Moore to write a Ryan piece and Uncle Tom it up so I will be certain Ryan is a bust.

geraldg (2/22/2008)
swiftkick (2/22/2008)
Matt Ryan will have a better career here then Vick did and will bring us a championship

I believe in TD and he will provide Ryan with a oline and a rushing attack with a young growing wr corps in White, Robinson out future doesnt look as bad as many so called fans believe

And all this is based on 19 ints.? Give me a break. If Ryan is drafted, the organization will not be looking for a "championship QB", but a new, friendly, likeable face for the franchise. The Falcon's version of Jeff Francouer.

19 ints cause he was forcing the balll cause his lack of play makers..The drive against VT shows you he got heart leadership and he is clutch

red2play (2/22/2008)
Ohhh the AJC. They are selling the Sunday's paper for a dollar on the street every week. Nobody buys that paper and the sports commentators are VERY stupid. They would state week after week how Vick "never turned the corner" just to make another article about how he hid all of the flaws of the team.

They want Ryan right? cool. Let's see if TD is as stupid as they are.

Those two statements by the AJC are not mutually exclusive and I believe that both of them are absolutely true. Vick could take a no talent team and win 4 games a year almost by himself. He could take a below average team and make them an 8 or 9 game winner.

But he could also take the New England Patriots and make them a wild card team or even have them missing the playoffs entirely.

swiftkick (2/22/2008)
geraldg (2/22/2008)
swiftkick (2/22/2008)

19 ints cause he was forcing the balll cause his lack of play makers..The drive against VT shows you he got heart leadership and he is clutch

So during the drive against VT, did they recruit and suit up people out of the stands to replace the lack luster playmakers Ryan was forced to work with for the previous 3+ quarters.

geraldg (2/22/2008)

You just got sick of it? I'm past sick and have grown to expect it.

geraldg (2/22/2008)

Why in **** are most of you so intent that the AJC hating on your team??????????

At Least 75% or more of the mock drafts out there have the Falcons picking Ryan with your #1 pick!

Johnnybuc (2/22/2008)
geraldg (2/22/2008)

Why in **** are most of you so intent that the AJC hating on your team??????????

At Least 75% or more of the mock drafts out there have the Falcons picking Ryan with your #1 pick!

Because the AJC hates on UGA, GT, the falcons, and the hawks constantly. thats why.

Ryan as a rookie is head & shoulders above any QB you have now. You get him some blocking and he could light it up with Roddy White! With all the holes you have to fill I could easily see you all trading the #3 spot for extra picks and moving down, provided you have enough cap room to sign all your picks AND any FA's you can sign. Do that and get a OT like Sam Baker AND a QB like Henne or Wadsworth. You all are in pretty great shape draftwise no matter where you go with that 1st pick of yours. This is a very deep draft at postions you all need.

Johnnybuc (2/22/2008)
geraldg (2/22/2008)

How does "campaigning for Matt Ryan" consitutute "hating on your team"? You are a dumb #####!!! Secondly, I'd expect the national media and their mock drafts to pick Ryan, with all the Vick stuff going around. To them, franchise QB in Prison automatically equals QB #1 pick. However, you would expect that reporters who actually cover the team 365 days a year would see that this team's problems run far deeper than the QB position. Always has.

swiftkick (2/22/2008)

Anything to bash Vick.

geraldg (2/22/2008)
Johnnybuc (2/22/2008)
geraldg (2/22/2008)

How does "campaigning for Matt Ryan" consitutute "hating on your team"? You are a dumb #####!!! Secondly, I'd expect the national media and their mock drafts to pick Ryan, with all the Vick stuff going around. To them, franchise QB in Prison automatically equals QB #1 pick. However, you would expect that reporters who actually cover the team 365 days a year would see that this team's problems run far deeper than the QB position. Always has.

Campaigning for Matt Ryan?????????? How? Because they asked a few publications what their mock drafts look like? You guys are constantly whining about how your local paper hates your team. Christ! Look at what they write about the Giants and Eagles in their cities local papers. I guess if a dumb #### is someone that takes what they read and in the correct perspective, You're right!:rolleyes:

Johnnybuc (2/22/2008)
Ryan as a rookie is head & shoulders above any QB you have now. You get him some blocking and he could light it up with Roddy White! With all the holes you have to fill I could easily see you all trading the #3 spot for extra picks and moving down, provided you have enough cap room to sign all your picks AND any FA's you can sign. Do that and get a OT like Sam Baker AND a QB like Henne or Wadsworth. You all are in pretty great shape draftwise no matter where you go with that 1st pick of yours. This is a very deep draft at postions you all need.

So is Jeff Garcia that doesn't mean we want his Lame #####. We want a contender.

scott hartley (2/22/2008)
Johnnybuc (2/22/2008)

So is Jeff Garcia that doesn't mean we want his Lame #####. We want a contender.

A contender?????????????????? Sorry, But I doubt either of the Manning's are available for Keith "I LOVE TO PILE ON AND GET CREDIT FOR SACKS" Brooking or Meangelo Hall. You all need a QB bad! Did I say anything about Garcia? I didn't think so. Nice try Junior.:D