Miami Dolphins think the Falcons may wish to move up in the draft

jstammer

Just read in this morning's edition of the Palm Beach Post that the Dolphins are loking to shop the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft. The Dolphins also feel that the Falcons could be a willing trade partner as we have extra picks and may be anxious to move up to select our favorite player.

Personally, I hope not, and I"m betting that with our coin toss win, we'd offer the Dolphins little, if anything just to move up two spots. Not to mention the big $s that go along with the No. 1 overall selection.

Bloodhoundz Reborn (2/22/2008)
This would make no sense.

KEEP IT AT 3 TD!

Makes no sense at all.

We're at number three with nine (not including compensatory) picks. We don't have to consider making any upward movements in this draft.

If anything, Parcells has to make overtures to US just to move down.

Just a hunch, but the only reason I can see us trading up is to cement getting a LT that can protect whichever QB we have. We saw that a team with no O' line gets it's QB killed. If it were to draft Big Jake, I'd be ok with it. I really don't think TD wants Ryan that badly...makes no sense. Maybe Parcells is yanking Blank's chain again to make us believe he's going to draft Long 1st.

Statick (2/22/2008)

Makes no sense at all.

We're at number three with nine (not including compensatory) picks. We don't have to consider making any upward movements in this draft.

If anything, Parcells has to make overtures to US just to move down.

Agreed if we were at the 5th pick then I could see us maybe trying to trade up but not now since we are the 3rd pick, if we trade up that means we definitely will be taking Matt Ryan or maybe McFadden.

formul8or (2/22/2008)
falconsstomp (2/22/2008)
if they draft matt ryan, i wont be a fan anymore, im sorry...matt ryan is not worth the #1 pick. this draft if full of potentially good QB's to waste it on our first pick.

I agree, I'm tired of the crap our new regime has been doing. This would be my last straw.

not mine......I'm with 'em till the end of the franchise regardless

formul8or (2/22/2008)

not mine......I'm with 'em till the end of the franchise regardless

You can't put faith into them when they give you nothing in return.

Theres been moments :D

Everyone we are looking to take with our first pick is at the top of most draft rankings....whoever it is will have the physical skills to play at a high level.....When guys bust its usually because of attitude, work ethic, or injury issues.....All the early first rounders can play (including Matt Ryan)....I think the trick picking right is in the interview process...character and intelligence are the most important factors in not picking duds...I'm just saying I would be happy with Dorsey, Ellis, McFadden, Ryan, or Long....they all can play and they all play positions we need help at.....I think they should get whoever was the most impressive in the individual interviews.....we need good character guys here...It's not a win/lose situation though....we could use them all