Dorsey a NO SHOW at Combine......

captjack

Latest College Player News

Previous 25 Notes Next 25 Notes

02/22/08 - Glenn Dorsey, Sr, LSU, 6-2, 316 (DS#1 DT)

It looks like LSU DT Glenn Dorsey won t be making it to the scouting combine because of a death in the family. The news surfaced minutes ago and removes one of the top five picks in the draft from the mix this week. It wasn t long ago that Dorsey was everyone s No. 1 pick. That s changed in recent weeks, with Boston College QB Matt Ryan replacing him as the guy many draft gurus think the Dolphins should take. Dorsey remains No. 2 the Mel Kiper Jr. s Big Board, behind Arkansas RB Darren McFadden. There are some questions about Dorsey s durability after an injury plagued senior season. But no one questions that the 6-foot-2, 292-pound Dorsey dominates when he s healthy. Just ask Ohio State. Dorsey ransacked the Buckeyes O-line in the national title game. But many NFL people at the combine have said today the best thing about this week is the thorough medical examinations each player undergoes. Not sure how Dorsey and his agent will handle that. & One thing interesting to keep an eye on is what big name players will do this week. - Edgar Thompson, Palm Beach Post

captjack (2/22/2008)
Latest College Player News

Previous 25 Notes Next 25 Notes

02/22/08 - Glenn Dorsey, Sr, LSU, 6-2, 316 (DS#1 DT)

It looks like LSU DT Glenn Dorsey won t be making it to the scouting combine because of a death in the family. The news surfaced minutes ago and removes one of the top five picks in the draft from the mix this week. It wasn t long ago that Dorsey was everyone s No. 1 pick. That s changed in recent weeks, with Boston College QB Matt Ryan replacing him as the guy many draft gurus think the Dolphins should take. Dorsey remains No. 2 the Mel Kiper Jr. s Big Board, behind Arkansas RB Darren McFadden. There are some questions about Dorsey s durability after an injury plagued senior season. But no one questions that the 6-foot-2, 292-pound Dorsey dominates when he s healthy. Just ask Ohio State. Dorsey ransacked the Buckeyes O-line in the national title game. But many NFL people at the combine have said today the best thing about this week is the thorough medical examinations each player undergoes. Not sure how Dorsey and his agent will handle that. & One thing interesting to keep an eye on is what big name players will do this week. - Edgar Thompson, Palm Beach Post

He'll have a private workout later for everyone, no big deal.

It will be hard for the medicos to perform a thorough examination of his knees (and anything else) at the private workouts. The Combine would have been the perfect chance to show everyone that he's healthy.

Unless he ISN'T healthy, in which case, it was a wise move to skip it.

Direwolf

Sorry to hear about the death in his family. I hope that he gets a chance to grieve and spend time with his people. However, if I were him, I would report to the Combine at some point to get examined by the medical crew. I would dispel any doubts about my health.

I would then schedule my private workout to provide the NFL with my performance numbers.

This is a very easy thing to work out.