lets talk reciving options in the draft

jdell

We dropped crumpler at which i believe leaves a spot for the up and coming Martrez Milner so how bout jermichael finley on the other side when we run two te sets, and how about Early Doucet at wr a good run blocker with great hands. He doesnt have great speed but thats why we have laurent robinson and roddy white, Early in the slot could make for a good core of recivers and te's

i agree with dt with our # 3 pick which i pray is dorsey ot with our first second is great choice but i believe we just may make a move and get a wr with that second second round pick doucet in my mind is just a bit better i feel that james hardy from iu i think we could use our third for a qb prolly andre woodson

JRob215 (2/22/2008)
I think we could really use a possesion receiver, because Roddy and Laurent are more downfield threats. If Doucet falls to the 2nd, I wouldn't be that mad if we took him.

I LOVE Doucet. Mayock compares him to a poor-man's Hines Ward. He's a terrific blocker and gives it his all every play. If he falls to the 2nd, I wouldn't hesitate to draft him.

scott24falcs (2/22/2008)
JRob215 (2/22/2008)
I think we could really use a possesion receiver, because Roddy and Laurent are more downfield threats. If Doucet falls to the 2nd, I wouldn't be that mad if we took him.

I LOVE Doucet. Mayock compares him to a poor-man's Hines Ward. He's a terrific blocker and gives it his all every play. If he falls to the 2nd, I wouldn't hesitate to draft him.

That's funny, because I was gonna say that he reminds me of Hines Ward in a lot of ways.

Jordy Nelson would be a great pick up in the later rounds. James Hardy will be a stud but we have bigger needs and Hardy will be gone when the Falcons might think reciever. Another good one would be Marrio Urrutia from Louisville. He's a big boy and could end up being a stud at the next level IMO. Another good one in the later rounds would be Marcus Monk from Arkansas.

capATL (2/22/2008)
I like Jordy Nelson also. Good size at 6'3" 217. Not great speed but always gets open and catches everything thrown his way. He could be our own Welker lining up in the slot and catching across the middle. Could be a good pick up in the 4th.

His speed is soooo underrated. I watched the guy play all year and trust me, he can run. He blew right by Aqib Talib when they played KU.

we better not draft a TE until LATE. we can sign ben utecht in free agency. he is a good blocking TE with decent hands, but with milner as his backup wed have another good blocker and a good reciever, and joey haynos in the 7th would give us 3 good blockers and pretty good recievers. but this offense just doesnt utilize the TE enough to warrant spending a pick in the first 4 rounds on a TE imo.

as far as WRs, if we are going to pick one early i hope its doucet. he is tough, super quick and while he might not have great deep speed he is great after the catch and has good hands. limas sweed would be nice also.

however, id rather go OL, DL, QB and RB early, and ILB if we can get curtis lofton in round 2 or phillip wheeler in round 3.

Mr. Offseason (2/24/2008)
we better not draft a TE until LATE. we can sign ben utecht in free agency. he is a good blocking TE with decent hands, but with milner as his backup wed have another good blocker and a good reciever, and joey haynos in the 7th would give us 3 good blockers and pretty good recievers. but this offense just doesnt utilize the TE enough to warrant spending a pick in the first 4 rounds on a TE imo.

as far as WRs, if we are going to pick one early i hope its doucet. he is tough, super quick and while he might not have great deep speed he is great after the catch and has good hands. limas sweed would be nice also.

however, id rather go OL, DL, QB and RB early, and ILB if we can get curtis lofton in round 2 or phillip wheeler in round 3.

Not using a tight end much is one of many things that frustrate me with signing a geezer for our OC.