Hall for the 31st overall

redswingline (2/22/2008)
just say no...D Hall wants to be here...pay him

Hall has a new story every time he talks.

He also said that he cant go through another losing season and doesnt want to be part of a rebuilding process.

He will be happy when he gets his deal, and complaining by week 6 if we arent at .500 or better.

If he really wanted to be here, he wouldn't be talking about sitting out if he doesn't get his long-term deal. He wouldn't go on about not sitting through another losing year or being part of a rebuilding project. He wouldn't make his very presence a news story.

He wants the money. I have no problem with that; you gotta get it while you can. However, I do not want to break the bank for a player, especially one who may not really have his heart in being part of this team. And I don't like the constant drama with him.

If he'll take a deal that fits into the long-term plan for re-building this team, great; I'd love to keep him, drama and all (though I'd really prefer it if he'd shut up and let his play do the talking rather than shooting his mouth off).

If he WON'T take a deal that fits in with the team, trade him and move on. Better than having him sit for a year and then hitting the open market and signing with Tampa or something with the Falcons getting nothing.

Direwolf

1989fan (2/22/2008)

Hall has a new story every time he talks.

He also said that he cant go through another losing season and doesnt want to be part of a rebuilding process.

He will be happy when he gets his deal, and complaining by week 6 if we arent at .500 or better.

You are absolutly right. Hall is just not going to be happy here and we are better off getting a first round pick for him now as apposed to letting him walk for nothing next season. He is probably the 6th or 7th best CB in the league but unfortunatly he thinks he's the best and he'll want 100 million next season.

We are in a rebuilding process and we need young bodies that will come in here and work. This trade would give us 4 of the top 50 picks in the draft and 6 first day picks. We aren't going to win next season with him or without him.

i agree get this cancer off of the team.it is time to take the trash out of the ATL.he gets burnt like toast on the field half of the time,and he creates problems with the coaching staff.he has severe issues with controlling his temper.and he plays like booty.just look at what a not at a 100% steve smith did to him on the field.hall is all mouth.this is a smart move by our g.m. to get rid of the bum and get a 1st rounder out of it.it would be a steal.smart move falcons.

One play stands out in my mind when I think of Deangelo Hall. I believe it was against TENN this past season. Hall had stuck with his receiver for the first 10 yards or so of the route, and at the last second the WR put a nice move on Hall and ran what looked to be an "In" route. When Hall got turned around and saw what had happened, he basically stopped moving. He just sort of stood there. The pass was not a good one, and Hall managed to get a hand on the pass breaking it up, but he had basically conceided that he was beat. That play still bothers me.