FALCONS GET THIRD OVERALL PICK IN FIRST ROUND

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danishfalcon (2/22/2008)
Mixed feelings. But it's nice to finally know where we're drafting.

There should be no mixed feelings about picking 3rd. At worst we can trade down a few spots and get more picks. Picking 3rd gives us the option to grab pretty much whoever we want or trade down.

Wow , I can't believe it , they must have had a two headed coin for us to win , This is huge , BC with this high of a pick , it will be much more valuable if we did anything with it. like trade up or down , not that I want to myself , but if they needed to , it is much more valuable.

Nice !:D

Moderator (2/22/2008)
Just in - WE WON THE COIN FLIP!!!

Our own Matt Moore is in the room with Thomas Dimitroff, and he just texted me that we won the coin flip at 7:26 a.m. this morning. 2008 is starting off great for the Falcons!

YES!

Do you realize that this is like picking up an extra 2nd rd pick , the number 41 pick in the draft is worth 500 points and if we had gotten the 5th pick , it is worth 1700 points but the 3rd pick is 2200 points , so it is just like getting the 41st pick in addition!!

Value Chart

3rd pick =2200 points

4th pick =1800 points

5th pick =1700 points

41st pick =500 points

Sweet! :D

Good, glad to know where we are. So McFadden could very well be ours if we decided to go that route. If the Cowboys really wanted him this opens up things. I just did not want the Raiders in front of us. They could go Sederick Ellis/Dorsey, McFadden or Chris Long or even Jake Long if he falls. This position should give us the best options in terms of players and trading down.