Giants offer 1st round pick

Chris Houston

Giants seek trade for DeAngelo Hall

Posted by Mike Garafolo February 22, 2008 12:18AM

Categories: Off-season, Trades

According to two people with knowledge of discussions between the teams, the Giants are willing to give Atlanta their first-round pick (31st overall) in April's draft in exchange for Hall. The people requested anonymity because of the private nature of the trade talks.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008/02/gi...r_deangelo.html

Do it! :cool:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Houston (2/22/2008)
Giants seek trade for DeAngelo Hall

Posted by Mike Garafolo February 22, 2008 12:18AM

Categories: Off-season, Trades

According to two people with knowledge of discussions between the teams, the Giants are willing to give Atlanta their first-round pick (31st overall) in April's draft in exchange for Hall. The people requested anonymity because of the private nature of the trade talks.

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008/02/gi...r_deangelo.html

Do it! :cool:

wow 4 real??

I have a feeling if we signed him to a long term exrension he would be trying to get out of it every other year when someone else signed a huge deal.....I foresee holdouts , trade demands, him talkin to management and coaches through the media.....he's a great talent I wish he had the common sense of Warrick Dunn....If we receive a good offer ( this one sucks ) we should probably take it......I'd like to have his skills and drive to win here but his decision making ability almost makes it not worth it......he kinda cancels himself out..there is no way the 31st pick could even come close to being enough though...as it stands now I say no deal

Guys remember our great year in 04? D Hall wasnt even active for the first 8 or 9 weeks. We played great defense with Kevin Mathis and Jason Webster at the CB positions. I think we can find a replacement for a guy who obviously thinks he is the greatest to ever play. I think he is a good player but not a guy who we should spend the bank for. CB is not a position where we need to worry about. We need to get guys on the Offensive and defensive line to set the tone for this team.

falconchef (2/22/2008)
A rock wouldn't have shut Steve Smith down for two games minus that one drive. If a rock was playing, we'd have lost by 50 points easy.

Are you serious? The only time he was a shut down corner this year, short of one or two games, was the beginning of the season. The beginning of the season everyone prayed on Lewis Sanders and a fresh rookie of Chris Houston. They threw it their way because there was never any pressure on those WR's. Houston tightenend up, and they realized that Hall didn't provide any coverage at all.

Hall got scrubbed out by everyone, watch the NY game, watch him get burned against a rookie WR against Indy, and ****, too many games.

Is Hall going to shut down White? Not unless he talks crap for 2-3 weeks before hand. If he doesn't talk, he wouldn't be able to pick off "Pick 6 Jenkins".

Rock AKA RyanFalcon34 (2/22/2008)
Guys remember our great year in 04? D Hall wasnt even active for the first 8 or 9 weeks. We played great defense with Kevin Mathis and Jason Webster at the CB positions. I think we can find a replacement for a guy who obviously thinks he is the greatest to ever play. I think he is a good player but not a guy who we should spend the bank for. CB is not a position where we need to worry about. We need to get guys on the Offensive and defensive line to set the tone for this team.

WOW!!!! Someone who makes complete sense..Imagine that?

pencilpusher (2/22/2008)
Seriously, why would you give a player up for a pick that you know you will not replace him? Some folks don't think. At all.

But theres more to it than that.....A cover 2 defense takes away most of the need for Hall's special skills....I guarantee you, there are more than a few players who can be nearly as effective, or even more effective than Hall in a Cover 2 defense. Secondly...no, the 31st pick doesn't equal Hall...but what about the 31st pick, and an extra 10 million a year in caproom over the next 6 to 7 years, plus a quieter, more team oriented locker room? If the Giants would throw in a 3rd, or a solid young player, I'd take it.

We don't know who else is offering what , I think he will bring a higher pick than that . But if that is the best offer , I'd take it myself , if his attitude was right , not way would I let him go , but that is not the case. We would be much better off with another first rd pick to grab a piece of the New puzzle for a grat team to be . With all team players.

Geants may not know what they are in for , they have one of the best Teams in the country with team guys , if they get Hall ? They will change all of that .