Chrysler 300 Hemi

backnblack

MrPickles (2/21/2008)
backnblack (2/21/2008)
I've been thinking about buying a new or a new moderately used car and have my eye on these. Anybody know much about them or own one?

A031229_SAM_1024CHRYSLER300C01_N.JPG

I work at a lot and you can get these for about 19-25 preowned. Depending on how much you want to pay.

That is about the price range I have been seeing with around 30,000 miles on them. They have one called an SRT (sport racing technology) that has an even bigger Hemi that is really expensive but I don't think I care for that. they also have a V6 but the gas mileage does not seem to be remarkably better. The engine cuts down to four cylinders automatically on the highway I think. everything I have heard or read about them has been positive and as Ton80 says, "They is cool to look at."

yeah, bnb, the 5.7L Hemi (345 hp) has MDS technology (multi-displacement system), which will cut the cylinders from 8 to 4 when you are "cruising" on the highway (at and above 60 mph is when i've noticed it). my mpgs are actually pretty good in my charger. the srt8, although it is awesome, comes with the 6.1 Hemi (425 hp) and it really sucks gas.

prolikewhoa (2/22/2008)
I rented a Chrysler Hemi 300C once and it is fast as p-ss. It roars when you push that gas down.

I liked it a lot. Drives reeeeal smoooooth too. I'd get one but my wife thinks its too ghetto fabulous.

I really likes my brother's...it's nice. Rides smooth...has loads of power...my only complaint with it is I hate sitting low to the ground. I've gotten spoiled by trucks and SUVs. Sitting in a car nowadays, is like sitting in a video game...:P

tylerdurden (2/22/2008)
yeah, bnb, the 5.7L Hemi (345 hp) has MDS technology (multi-displacement system), which will cut the cylinders from 8 to 4 when you are "cruising" on the highway (at and above 60 mph is when i've noticed it). my mpgs are actually pretty good in my charger. the srt8, although it is awesome, comes with the 6.1 Hemi (425 hp) and it really sucks gas.

The Charger is pretty sweet too. One thing about Chrysler is that with the company's problems they have not had the cash flow to keep trotting out new models but instead are tweaking and perfecting the existing ones. and "ghetto fabulous" is fabulous.:w00t:

popcornplaya (2/22/2008)
ttonyp1 (2/21/2008)
I am a sales consultant for Chrysler Jeep Dodge. If you can afford one, it is a helluva nice ride. You will spend $$$ on gas, though. But, not too many will have 300Cs, so you will definitely stand out.

Not too many? I see thirty or so a day and I live in a really small town.

Unfortunately, my friend, I will have to say that you are vastly mistaken. You have NOT seen 30 300Cs in your small town. I would challenge you to take a video camera and show me 30 300Cs in your small town. I take 7 roads and 3 highways to work and back 6 days a week. I have only seen 2 300Cs, and they were not even 2008s.

The Charger is pretty sweet too. One thing about Chrysler is that with the company's problems they have not had the cash flow to keep trotting out new models but instead are tweaking and perfecting the existing ones. and "ghetto fabulous" is fabulous.:w00t:

Yep, you are correct. As a matter of fact, they are getting ready to cut out several vehicles and also eliminate cross-classes.

The Hemi in the 'normal' 300C has MDS in the later models, which is a little better on gas. The V-6 in those things is kinda useless, and the 6.1L in the SRT is a monster, but it is also a monster on gas.

To the owner of that SRT Charger, do you have to pay a gas guzzler tax? Or did you say you owned an R/T?

ki45toryu (2/23/2008)
The Hemi in the 'normal' 300C has MDS in the later models, which is a little better on gas. The V-6 in those things is kinda useless, and the 6.1L in the SRT is a monster, but it is also a monster on gas.

To the owner of that SRT Charger, do you have to pay a gas guzzler tax? Or did you say you owned an R/T?

I have an AWD R/T. But I know that you do have to pay "guzzler tax" for the SRT8 - that is exactly why i didnt get it...

tylerdurden (2/23/2008)
BnB - have you looked for an AWD 300C? I test drove both the RWD R/T Charger and the AWD R/T Charger before I ordered mine on both straight highways and country-ish roads, and you definitely would not be disappointed with the AWD system even if you have a mostly highway commute...

No, I honestly have test driven none at this point and I lean against buying a brand new car so it may someone be predicated by what I can find. I live in Auburn, AL which for the most part has decent roads but there are some pothole pocked ones. We only drive ten to fifteen thousand miles a year--if that--so we can really stretch out a car's life. My last new car was purchase don Halloween in 1997 and has about 110,000 mile son it...Honda Accord. I've even considered buying on Ebay. From all I've heard about the 300 they are just really well made and respected automobiles. Might make my move in the summer.

As a kid who grew up in the 60s and 70s I always loved all the Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth muscle cars...Chargers, Road Runners, Dusters, Challengers. The Duke sof Hazzard kind of ruined it for any self respecting non0-redneck but that model Charger is one of the top five coolest cars ever assembled IMHO. the new ones look pretty def too.