Ryan Clady

jidady

L.Rover (2/21/2008)
I keep thinking that if we lose the coin toss, Clady might not be a reach at 5. At 3, he probably would be, but I don't think so at 5.
I wouldnt mind getting him at 5 he seriously has franchise LT potential he reminds me alot of J. Thomas

from last year his footwork is amazing only knock on him is his strength but in time he will be

dominant

L.Rover (2/21/2008)
scott24falcs (2/21/2008)
I wouldn't mind Clady as long as Ellis and Dorsey are both off the board. (assuming no trade down occurs)

What if we are at pick #5, and Dorsey/Elllis/Chris Long/Matt Ryan are gone, do we select Clady or Jake Long?

Ahhhh.....That's the question. It wouldn't be fair for me to answer that because I really didn't get to see Clady play enough this past season. If there's any doubt whether or not Long can play LT in the pros (which there seems to be), than I'd go with Clady.

But that would be the worst possible scenario if all of those guys were off the board by the time we pick. Not because Long or Clady is a bad player, but it just limits what we can do greatly.

g-dawg (2/21/2008)
Clady or Jake Long?......hmmmmmm.......I wonder who I would want....wait let me think about it.....ok, i've got it....

Brilliant!

clady!!

hes my favorite prospect in the draft, im glad you guys are all coming around. the day may come when we cant afford to trade down if we do indeed want him that badly.

but since i love this guy and we never draft offensive lineman, and seem to be afraid to finally upgrade the LT position, we probably wont draft him (grr.....)

dcfalcons (2/22/2008)
Clady needs to be wearing the 'bro' ... he has boobs, but is a solid LT.

you said what i was thinking. Clady looked awful soft at the weigh in. Some scouts have cited his conditioning being a potential issue. That should scare us away right of the bat. Jake Long was massive and muscular in comparison