Here's what I've been saing for 2 months and why I don't want an OT with 1st pick.

Draftnut57

Steelers | Colbert says OT class is best in 24 years

Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:08:30 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said Thursday, Feb. 21, that the offensive tackle class is the best group he has seen collectively in about 24 years. Colbert said it was a strong draft class before the juniors that declared for the draft entered and said it is very unusual to have guys that big and athletic be able to play on the left or right side of the line.

chris30277 (2/21/2008)
so if its the best its been why not get the best of the best ;). I would be happy with Jake Long or Ryan Clady (if we pick at 5 and Long is gone)

That's an easy one , BC there is only Two monster DTs in the draft , and they make twice the impact than the OTs do , Bottom line thou is if the DTs position was like the OT in the drafat and Vs~ Vs , Then I would take a OT first ! :w00t:

Draftnut57 (2/21/2008)

Pittsburgh Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said Thursday, Feb. 21, that the offensive tackle class is the best group he has seen collectively in about 24 years. Colbert said it was a strong draft class before the juniors that declared for the draft entered and said it is very unusual to have guys that big and athletic be able to play on the left or right side of the line.

I hate to break this to you, but people say things like this EVERY YEAR. Last year was the best class, then the year before that.

Not trying to be hostile just am tired of seeing that.

Draftnut57 (2/21/2008)
chris30277 (2/21/2008)
so if its the best its been why not get the best of the best ;). I would be happy with Jake Long or Ryan Clady (if we pick at 5 and Long is gone)

That's an easy one , BC there is only Two monster DTs in the draft , and they make twice the impact than the OTs do , Bottom line thou is if the DTs position was like the OT in the drafat and Vs~ Vs , Then I would take a OT first ! :w00t:

What if we lose both tosses and pick 5th and neither DT, Ryan, or McFadden is there? Who do you select at that point?

Dec Mock 12-19-07........Jan Mock 1-16-08..........Feb Mock 2-13-08.............

1.DT Sedrick Ellis...........1.Ellis, Sedrick (DT)...... 1.Sedric Ellis DT 6-2, 295 USC

2.RB Jonathan Stewart...2.Collins, Anthony (OT)..2.Carl Nicks OT 6-5, 335 Neb

2.QB Joe Flacco..............2.Nicks, Carl (OT)...........2.Joe Flacco QB 6-5, 230 Del

3.ILB Ben Moffit..............3.Flacco, Joe (QB)..........3.*Kevin Smith RB 6-1, 212 CF

4.OT Heath Benedict.......4.Smith, Kevin (RB)........4.Darrell Robertson DE 6-5, 265 GT

4.OT Shannon Boatman..4.Goff, Jonathan (ILB)....4.Ben Moffitt LB 6-1, 240 CF

5.DT Dre Moore..............5.Terrell, Darnell (CB).....5.Drew Radovich OG 6-5, 325 USC

6.DE Adam Oliver...........6.Oliver, Adamm (DE).....6.Marcus Walker CB 5-11, 198, 4.45

6.K Art Carmody.............6.Brown, Thomas (RB).....6.Thomas Brown RB 5-10, 205, 4.48

7.S Jamal Lewis..............7.Serna, Alexis (K)..........7.Best Kicker left K 7-7, 395, 3.12

j105 (2/21/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/21/2008)

I hate to break this to you, but people say things like this EVERY YEAR. Last year was the best class, then the year before that.

Not trying to be hostile just am tired of seeing that.

I know that , and I don't know much but I do know about the draft and I've been into this big for 12 years , and you can bank on it , this is not just made up , It's the truth . don't really matter who believes it or not , it is the truth. This guy and myself is not the only Draftnuts who you will hear it from .

We need to take at least 2 Offensive Linemen that are starting caliber in this year's draft. A bruiser RB is a possible option as well, but I am fine with the Norwood/Snelling combo.

OT, DT, MLB, FS, and maybe TE are our biggest needs at the moment IMO. QB is also something to think about, but I would draft one in the later rounds since most of them are around the same level. I think we should sit on Redman for 2-3 years and snatch us the best QB possible when the chance arrives.

Draftnut57 (2/21/2008)
Dec Mock 12-19-07........Jan Mock 1-16-08..........Feb Mock 2-13-08.............

1.DT Sedrick Ellis...........1.Ellis, Sedrick (DT)...... 1.Sedric Ellis DT 6-2, 295 USC

2.RB Jonathan Stewart...2.Collins, Anthony (OT)..2.Carl Nicks OT 6-5, 335 Neb

2.QB Joe Flacco..............2.Nicks, Carl (OT)...........2.Joe Flacco QB 6-5, 230 Del

3.ILB Ben Moffit..............3.Flacco, Joe (QB)..........3.*Kevin Smith RB 6-1, 212 CF

4.OT Heath Benedict.......4.Smith, Kevin (RB)........4.Darrell Robertson DE 6-5, 265 GT

4.OT Shannon Boatman..4.Goff, Jonathan (ILB)....4.Ben Moffitt LB 6-1, 240 CF

5.DT Dre Moore..............5.Terrell, Darnell (CB).....5.Drew Radovich OG 6-5, 325 USC

6.DE Adam Oliver...........6.Oliver, Adamm (DE).....6.Marcus Walker CB 5-11, 198, 4.45

6.K Art Carmody.............6.Brown, Thomas (RB).....6.Thomas Brown RB 5-10, 205, 4.48

7.S Jamal Lewis..............7.Serna, Alexis (K)..........7.Best Kicker left K 7-7, 395, 3.12

I should have been more clear. If both DT's (Ellis and Dorsey), Matt Ryan, and McFadden are all gone when we pick at #5, who would you take? It's definitely a possiblity since DT is not real deep and it's a need for the Dolphins, Raiders, & Rams.

The Falcon Ace (2/21/2008)
We need to take at least 2 Offensive Linemen that are starting caliber in this year's draft. A bruiser RB is a possible option as well, but I am fine with the Norwood/Snelling combo.

OT, DT, MLB, FS, and maybe TE are our biggest needs at the moment IMO. QB is also something to think about, but I would draft one in the later rounds since most of them are around the same level. I think we should sit on Redman for 2-3 years and snatch us the best QB possible when the chance arrives.

I agree...If it's that great of a class then why not go OL in the first 2 rounds?

FalconFanatic (2/21/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/21/2008)
chris30277 (2/21/2008)

What if we lose both tosses and pick 5th and neither DT, Ryan, or McFadden is there? Who do you select at that point?

In that case , And I felt the same as most are saing , that Ryan would be as good as Palmer , and that is the story right now by the way , then I'd take Ryan , but what I would most likly do is trade down a few and get Clady , and if he was gone I'd take J Stewart . It's according to how many picks we would trade down .

I would like to see us pick up 2 OT on the first day. Hopefully one of the DTs with our first. Flacco with our second, and 2 OTs. We may have another pick if we get a third for Kearny. We need to groom a RT and LT, add bust potential, injuries, and the strength of this draft class and I'll be disappointed if we don't get at least one on the first day and 2 overall.

maxatlanta (2/21/2008)
I would like to see us pick up 2 OT on the first day. Hopefully one of the DTs with our first. Flacco with our second, and 2 OTs. We may have another pick if we get a third for Kearny. We need to groom a RT and LT, add bust potential, injuries, and the strength of this draft class and I'll be disappointed if we don't get at least one on the first day and 2 overall.

First day starting this year will consist only of 2 rounds and day 2 will have 5 rounds . FYI.

Draftnut57 (2/21/2008)
maxatlanta (2/21/2008)

First day starting this year will consist only of 2 rounds and day 2 will have 5 rounds . FYI.

Which I think is a good thing...I've watched all of both days since the year we picked Duckett....My coffee table looks like an accountants desk at tax return time:D....You remember the half snide remark that was made last year after the first round was over?

Draftnut57 (2/21/2008)

This is interesting, "WE HAVE TO FIX THE O-LINE", I will say that first. But I will say given that information I don't think we use our 1st pick on an O-lineman. If this draft is rich in good or great O-lineman I just don't think you waste your 1st pick on an O-lineman. This draft is something I wanna watch every minute of as it is happening. If the Falcons cut Dunn then that means they are gonna draft RB I would think. Mike Smith has already said "We are gonna run the ball, and we are gonna stop the run". Tommorow is the coin toss unless it get's moved back which it very well could, we shall see. It's gonna be interesting and I can't wait to see the outcome of it all. Whatever type of players be it RB's/TE's/WR's/DE's etc...... They draft we will know a lot more as to what kinda direction our new HC and GM is wanting to take this team in terms of playing style and team building.