If Miami takes Ryan, will you guys assume Parcells know's how to build a team?

high voltage

Everyone on this board seems to have the opinion not to draft a QB in the first, which I truly understand.

However, most NFL guys have us taking Ryan if still available.

If Parcells picks Ryan, then I'm going to assume that you start to build a team around the QB, because BP certainly knows more than most of us about how to build a team. Miami has just as many holes as us and they would certainly have to lay down a lot of cheese drafting a QB 1st overall.

Your thoughts?

high voltage (2/21/2008)
Everyone on this board seems to have the opinion not to draft a QB in the first, which I truly understand.

If Parcells picks Ryan, then I'm going to assume that you start to build a team around the QB, because BP certainly knows more than most of us about how to build a team. Miami has just as many holes as us and they would certainly have to lay down a lot of cheese drafting a QB 1st overall.

Your thoughts?

This is correct. You draft a franchise quarterback and build around the quarterback.

Parcells knows this and will most likely draft Ryan because Ryan will be a pro level qb in two years tops.

The quarterback touches the ball every offensive play and has the most impact in a game.

If Parcells drafts Ryan, he will be schooling everyone on this board, well except me.

high voltage (2/21/2008)

1) if Big T does - I will jump for joy -

2) I then will say thank you to the Fins for taking that one choice away and hope Oakland wins coin flip and takes McFad

3) if Big Davis does this I will jump for Joy

4) means we should have a choice of either Dorsey/Ellis/or Jack Long

Your thoughts?

high voltage (2/21/2008)

Your thoughts?

You build a team around the best players you can get at the positions you need to fill. Matt Ryan is lame so we probably won't draft him. theres no "building around someone" though. If you happen to get a great player you can count on then you can build with him but you shouldn't seek out a player to build around at any position.

high voltage (2/21/2008)

Your thoughts?

What Parcells did in Dallas was build the defensive front in the draft....If we are going to model ourselves after him then I think that would be the place to start...If he drafts Ryan first it will not be a typical Parcells move....I really hope he does just to take the temptation away from us

high voltage (2/21/2008)

Your thoughts?

Parcells knows what is he doing, and there is no way the Dolphins pick Ryan here. C Long, Dorsey, or Ellis will be the #1 pick

high voltage (2/21/2008)

Your thoughts?

If they do take him, then we will probably trade our pick.

high voltage (2/21/2008)

Your thoughts?

Well.........Miami really, really needs a QB to even start to compete in their Div. The Falcons have a bunch of guys who can play QB............not sure how well, but we've got the bodies, plus we desperately need DL and OL help. HELP !!!!!!!!!

high voltage (2/21/2008)

Your thoughts?

Actually, if Miami indeed does take Ryan, i will view BP as a #####.