FALCONS INFATUATED WITH RYAN?

atljbo

In response to our assessment that Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan might not be drafted until the bottom of round one at the earliest, a league source advises us that there's a belief in league circles that Falcons owner Arthur Blank is smitten with Ryan, and that the Falcons would take him with its first pick in the 2008 draft, which currently is among the top five selections. (The final spot will be determined by flip(s) of the coin this weekend in Indy.)

Of course, this is the time of the year when all sorts of smokescreens begin to emerge, so it's not really clear at this point whether or not there is any factual basis to the rumors making the rounds.

Still, the overriding point is that, even if 31 franchises say "no," all it takes is for one to say "yes."

Nooooooooooooooo... Dont be INFATUATED.... Be MESMERIZED

Man... Matty Ice will be a GREAT QB...

Its a gut feeling....LOL

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atljbo (2/21/2008)

In response to our assessment that Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan might not be drafted until the bottom of round one at the earliest, a league source advises us that there's a belief in league circles that Falcons owner Arthur Blank is smitten with Ryan, and that the Falcons would take him with its first pick in the 2008 draft, which currently is among the top five selections. (The final spot will be determined by flip(s) of the coin this weekend in Indy.)

Of course, this is the time of the year when all sorts of smokescreens begin to emerge, so it's not really clear at this point whether or not there is any factual basis to the rumors making the rounds.

Still, the overriding point is that, even if 31 franchises say "no," all it takes is for one to say "yes."

Arthur blank....back away from the team....Once again....Arthur Blank....back away from the draft board

Blank isn't the one to deal with the draft. Sure as the Falcons owner he has some say but in the end it is Thomas Dimitroff's decision. Although with that being said i rly hope we dont end up getting Ryan

atljbo (2/21/2008)

Arthur blank....back away from the team....Once again....Arthur Blank....back away from the draft board

LMAO **** NAW, he told auther's a$$ 2 step away from the draft bord

I don't believe this for a second. combine has started so this is really when the real smokescreen shyte starts to get 'leaked'. If we truly were targetting Ryan with our 1st round pick, the LAST thing anyone in the front office would do would be to blab their intentions to the media. They are either trying to entice some team like Baltimore to trade up with us, or just trying to offer up some BS to disguise our real target.

David Ethan (2/21/2008)
grendel (2/21/2008)
This is either a smokescreen or Blank and TD are smokin' something... either way there's a lot of smoke there.

to be honest with you....I think this is a really clever ploy by Mr. Blank via TD

I'll take Crabtree in a heartbeat. Looks like we could have a chance next year.

chuck277 (2/21/2008)
19 freaking INTs in the ACC... C'mon!!! yes, that's done in one season...

That's what I'm saying. He's done nothing over his career. He's choke more times than not in the big games. The sports media has hyped his sorry butt up and that's the only reason everyone thinks he's so special.

I don't think TD would pick Ryan, and from most of what I have heard he has no intention to draft him. However, this only makes sense if it's a smoke screen, incase we are trying to see if someone else could fall to us, and prevent other teams from trading up above our pick to get who we want.

I mean really, every mock draft has us taking Ryan, or Ryan falling deep. What if we want McFadden, and don't want Dallas to trade up before we get him? I just see no sense in all this Matt Ryan bussiness, especially when no one is excited about these QB's coming out this year.