Tampa Bay Ray's Newly Proposed Stadium

mookie3127

here's the link and info. looks kinda neat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/mlb_exper...urn=mlb%2C67665

This Rays' 'sailboat' stadium looks pretty cool

By 'Duk

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 8:57 am EST

Don't adjust your monitors, people. Pictured above is a rendering of the Rays' proposed $450 million waterfront stadium in St. Petersburg. The photos of this plan have been available for some time, but the team just released this image yesterday, which features the park with the roof in the "closed" position. As you can tell from the photo, translucence is king. And after seeing those Lindsay Lohan photos in New York magazine, I have to ask: Who doesn't love translucence?

The roof is supposed to resemble a sail and I suppose it does. But it also kinda looks like a kids' pillow fort. Not to mention that the long post in the outfield originally reminded me of Montreal's Olympic Stadium.

Still, I really like this plan, which could be completed as early as 2012. It'll be unique to the Bay area and it's obvious that anything has to be better than Tropicana Field. The sad truth is that until the Rays and Marlins get new stadiums, I'll never attempt to hit every ballpark in the bigs.

This design would make the Florida swing worth it, though.

Now if only they could figure out how to equip it with A/C.

ept_sports_mlb_experts-126587184-12.jpg

It's a beautiful stadium, but I'm not sure if it's going to pass. The parking is the biggest problem. Not much parking in that area.

I don't think the new stadium will bring people to the ballpark. I think winning will. And as much heat as the Rays have taken over the years for their losing, I think they're on the verge of turning it around. They're building one of the scarier pitcher staffs in baseball and have had the best farm system in baseball the last 4 years.

Suppo81 (2/21/2008)
It's a beautiful stadium, but I'm not sure if it's going to pass. The parking is the biggest problem. Not much parking in that area.

I don't think the new stadium will bring people to the ballpark. I think winning will. And as much heat as the Rays have taken over the years for their losing, I think they're on the verge of turning it around. They're building one of the scarier pitcher staffs in baseball and have had the best farm system in baseball the last 4 years.

Their farm system already rivals the Braves'. The Rays should already be a contender. Their problem is they got the dumb luck of being thrown into a division with New York and Boston.

Headshot (2/21/2008)
Suppo81 (2/21/2008)

Their farm system already rivals the Braves'. The Rays should already be a contender. Their problem is they got the dumb luck of being thrown into a division with New York and Boston.

I agree...the division's tough. But the Yanks may have a down year this year, so if the Rays can get off to a good start, they may put themselves in the wild card hunt early.

Shizzle Pizzle (2/21/2008)
The Rays farm system is already past the Braves. the RAys have had the 31 farm system in the majors the past 2 years. I dont thin kthe Braves even come close to matching our talent on the farm. We have 3 pitchers who are top 20 prospects.

Kazmir, Shields and Garza....that's pretty scary. Those are 3 future All-Stars right there. And this Longoria kid at 3rd base that the Rays have will be the 2nd best 3rd baseman in baseball in 3 years time (behind A-Rod, of course) I've seen that kid play. He's out of this world. It's no wonder he was the #1 choice and has risen up to the majors in such a short time.

SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)
A great stadium idea wasted on a bunch of empty seats unfortunately. Horrible support and I doubt a new stadium will do it.. they got to win.

No doubt. They got less support than the Marlins. The stadium is beautiful though.

Sac - you still online tonight? Wanted to see if you could help me w/my original user account. It's wacked since I got PF membership.

imnothim (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)
A great stadium idea wasted on a bunch of empty seats unfortunately. Horrible support and I doubt a new stadium will do it.. they got to win.

No doubt. They got less support than the Marlins. The stadium is beautiful though.

Sac - you still online tonight? Wanted to see if you could help me w/my original user account. It's wacked since I got PF membership.

Hey give me a pm.. I replied to a few people tonight and fixed a few already.. msg me.. I will be at the gym for a short time, but will be back on a bit later..

SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)
imnothim (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)

Hey give me a pm.. I replied to a few people tonight and fixed a few already.. msg me.. I will be at the gym for a short time, but will be back on a bit later..

Thank you! I'm falconfoozball, btw, so I'll go chk. and see if you PM'd back. :cool: If you can't get to it tonight, that's cool. I know we're in different time zones, but I'll be at work 10a-5p tomorrow, and can chk. in during the day too.

imnothim (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)
imnothim (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)

Thank you! I'm falconfoozball, btw, so I'll go chk. and see if you PM'd back. :cool: If you can't get to it tonight, that's cool. I know we're in different time zones, but I'll be at work 10a-5p tomorrow, and can chk. in during the day too.

yep i pm'd you back.. you should be at least able to post..

SacFalcFan

yep i pm'd you back.. you should be at least able to post..

Yep, looks like forums are fixed now. But I'm not receiving any PMs in my Inbox. Sent ones show up, but nothing in the INbox. Everything good w/forums except no PF yet. I PMd you, but if you reply, it doesn't look like I'll get it unfortunately. Don't sweat it, I'm not in any big hurry, but thanks for looking into it.

falconfoozball (2/21/2008)

Yep, looks like forums are fixed now. But I'm not receiving any PMs in my Inbox. Sent ones show up, but nothing in the INbox.

I'm having this problem, too. I'm trying to get back to an article someone PM'd to me, but there's nothing in my inbox or sent items.

etifan (2/22/2008)
falconfoozball (2/22/2008)
I wonder if Headshot is having problems too? It could be a conspiracy against all the noodle heads. :P

Ohz noes - I think you're on to something! :w00t:

I hope Fanboy isn't in the back of a van in a dark alley...

Do you mean tied up & gagged, or orchestrating the conspiracy? ;) Presidents have been known to become corrupt, you know...

(Either he is ok, or his minions have broken his PC encryption protection.)

I still can't get PMs I don't think, only messages left on the main profile. I'm going to send you one as a test.

Nice stadium, btw...

etifan (2/22/2008)

Do you mean tied up & gagged, or orchestrating the conspiracy? ;) Presidents have been known to become corrupt, you know...

I still can't get PMs I don't think, only messages left on the main profile. I'm going to send you one as a test.

Nice stadium, btw...

Lol, I meant bound and gagged, but you raise a good point about the orchestration. His minions *are* worthless, you know. ;)

I PM'd you - did it work?

Oh, right, the topic...that stadium is awesome.

etifan (2/22/2008)
etifan (2/22/2008)

Nice stadium, btw...

Lol, I meant bound and gagged, but you raise a good point about the orchestration. His minions *are* worthless, you know. ;)

I PM'd you - did it work?

Oh, right, the topic...that stadium is awesome.

Yes, apparently I'm not nearly as popular as I once believed in my head... :(

But thanks! At least I know it's working now.