William Andrews. Best ever?

pencilpusher (2/21/2008)
I mean, come on, 2 back to back seasons of 2000 yards rushing. That's history making stuff right there. Who even knew? Talk about flying under the radar. Awesome, awesome stuff you can learn from the football experts on here.

If we are talking running backs for the Falcons, there is absolutely no question about it ,William is the man&

If we are talking about running backs for the entire NFL for all of time. Based upon my 40 years of NFL viewing, I can only recall one other comparable running back that was the total package (running, catching, and blocking) - that would be Walter Payton. Given Walter s long gevity I d had to give him nod.

However, for the duration of William s career, I ve never seen anyone better, period, and still chills watching highlights of his high stepping self splatter guys&

Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/21/2008)
yardbird (2/21/2008)
Who the **** is he?

Dont you have a street to go play in or something? - Keep No Hope Alive !!!

racist

Spoken like a true drinker of the political party kool-aid stand - when you are unable to debate a point on the merits of your position, you resort to name calling to disguse your short comings of intellect.

Mods - cant something be done about this guy?

For those of us that actually saw William Andrews run, there is no question that he is the best RB in Falcon history. He was on track to the HOF, but was literally cut down by a devastating Knee injury sustained at practice. I heard that he completely severed the ACL, MCL and PCL ligaments. It was devastating and it occurred before arthroscopy was refined.

You would not know it by looking at him today, but William Andrews was truly awesome. Ronnie Lott credited William Andrews with the most painful collision in Lott's career.

All of this is relevant because Andrews' son should be available in the late rounds or as an UDFA. I really want to give Mycah Andrews a shot at making our team. My gut tells me that he could be as good as his dad.

yardbird (2/21/2008)
yardbird (2/21/2008)
Who the **** is he?

Dont you have a street to go play in or something? - Keep No Hope Alive !!!

racist

Spoken like a true drinker of the political party kool-aid stand - when you are unable to debate a point on the merits of your position, you resort to name calling to disguse your short comings of intellect.

Mods - cant something be done about this guy?

God bless you my friend

During Andrew's playing career I remember John Madden making the comment that if he could choose any player to assemble a team that he would choose William Andrews as his first choice a RB. I truly loved to watch him play. He wouldn't beat you with speed, he would literally run over you. That was real football.

After watching Andrews play was when I became a Falcon fan. When I played football at a local field with friends I wanted to be just like him! Then when he got injured man was I upset. I did a report on knee surguries and the out comes and used him as a person of intrest. To all those who didn't get to see him play you really missed out!

pencilpusher (2/21/2008)
I mean, come on, 2 back to back seasons of 2000 yards rushing. That's history making stuff right there. Who even knew? Talk about flying under the radar. Awesome, awesome stuff you can learn from the football experts on here.

oh yea baby

bigduke633 (2/21/2008)
I aleays thoght that jamal anderson was better than andrews.Better hands,faster and more power.

Bigduke.....................not to start a fight, but you obviously did not see Andrews play with a statement like that! Faster, yeah, but better hands and MORE power, flat out NO! Andrews was a MONSTER, dude was feared! Jamal Anderson and William Andrews should not be mentioned in the same context of "who's better"

andrews_31 (2/21/2008)
bigduke633 (2/21/2008)
I aleays thoght that jamal anderson was better than andrews.Better hands,faster and more power.

Bigduke.....................not to start a fight, but you obviously did not see Andrews play with a statement like that! Faster, yeah, but better hands and MORE power, flat out NO! Andrews was a MONSTER, dude was feared! Jamal Anderson and William Andrews should not be mentioned in the same context of "who's better"

I have to agree with ya Andrews_31... And I never seen Jamal lay someone out with a block...

Speaking of plays and its just one that I can remember, it was out in Denver William caught a swing pass out in the flank, turned up field and a DB came up to greet him, William lowered his head and shoulders, it sounded lika atomic boom, when he exploded on the DB and the dude went straight on his back.... I also remember the hightlight flim they showed when they hung his jersery in the dome... Awesome...

Does anyone know where there is a link to Williams hightlights/greatest hits?

yardbird (2/21/2008)
andrews_31 (2/21/2008)
bigduke633 (2/21/2008)

I have to agree with ya Andrews_31... And I never seen Jamal lay someone out with a block...

Speaking of plays and its just one that I can remember, it was out in Denver William caught a swing pass out in the flank, turned up field and a DB came up to greet him, William lowered his head and shoulders, it sounded lika atomic boom, when he exploded on the DB and the dude went straight on his back.... I also remember the hightlight flim they showed when they hung his jersery in the dome... Awesome...

Does anyone know where there is a link to Williams hightlights/greatest hits?

Yep Anderson was very good but Andrews was way better. Ronnie Lott said that Andrews gave him one of the hardest collisions of his career and that's saying something right there. William would run through and over would be tacklers. I agree with you guys William Andrews was feared around the league.