How the heck have we not signed Redman yet? I might loose my respect for the new staff....

sporkdevil

I don't get this, Joey is getting another $3 million this year (as it looks right now). Redman seriously outperformed him, and can't be asking for close to near that amount of money. If we let Redman go, and have Joey lead the team (again) while I assume we have a rookie hold the clipboard, I will loose any and all respect for the new GM, and it won't say much for the new coach. How is this not clear that Smith and TD have to lock Redman up, along with Boley? Unless I missed something, we are cutting this too close.

Keeping Joey and getting rid of Redman is nothing but a bad bad decision. I was at too many games last year, watching Joey purge me of my love for football. I understand rebuilding, but why will be paying more for the less talented player? If this is how they are going to work this team, I feel like I might start watching hockey or something for a few years.

Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/20/2008)
Redmon is not the answer.

Lets see if you can talk football.....No one really thinks Redman is the long term answer...just someone to get by with while a rookie develops.....If he's not the answer then who would you pick up in the draft or FA..or do you think harrington or Shockley will win the job.....and please reply with more than 20 words...ty:)

rock (2/20/2008)

Lets see if you can talk football.....No one really thinks Redman is the long term answer...just someone to get by with while a rookie develops.....If he's not the answer then who would you pick up in the draft or FA..or do you think harrington or Shockley will win the job.....and please reply with more than 20 words...ty:)

God bless you my friend.

rock (2/20/2008)

Good luck with that rock...

I'm with you sporkdevil. I thought he would be a shoe-in for 08, and they'd at least let Blowey and him battle it out for starter. They better have another good FA plan if he's not going to be here. (and before anyone says or what? "they better" is just an expression)

Richard Nixon (2/20/2008)
He's played in one offense since high school, which we no longer run, there's a good chance that he's not going to fit in the new coaching staff's plans.

But Joey will? There is no question that Redman (for the first guy who replied, check the spelling) is the better QB. For a guy who hadn't started for years, and hadn't even been in the NFL for over a year to outperform Joey, no question, is astounding. And don't get it twisted, I don't think Redman should be starting on this team in 3 years. He is solid, and will play very well while we work out our franchise QB situation. And I would love to have him as our backup QB till he hits 35ish, because he prooved he can win us games. Which is more than what Joey has proven. Unless if TD has some FA QB who can start immediatly, this looks like a bad bad idea.

And I'm saying this now because Redman is not going to cost very much money. I know FA starts the 29th (or, right about there, it is a leap year right?), and I don't think it makes much sense to bring the starting QB down to the wire when they will cost much less than their impact on the team. I am just hoping they are actually planning on signing him, and we aren't planning on bringing in some scrub to waste most of our games. You know, like how Joey wasted most of our games. Or how we brought in Lefty, just to loose some games.

falconfoozball (2/20/2008)
rock (2/20/2008)

I'm with you sporkdevil. I thought he would be a shoe-in for 08, and they'd at least let Blowey and him battle it out for starter. They better have another good FA plan if he's not going to be here. (and before anyone says or what? "they better" is just an expression)

he did it it just took him 3 posts to get it all out.....maybe his mouse is broken:)

Why is Redman name even being brought up?What was his QB rating in that bucs game?Darn the guy has 2 average games sorry defenses and all of a sudden he is the answer.

No one played well in that game my friend. Maybe you should figure out why. The Falcons had a short week, after a Monday night game, they played the following Sunday.

Oh, and their HC left the team Tuesday.

And our former OC spent 2 days interviewing for a college HC job.

Look up info in that time, they had about a day of practice, and everyone was off. No one played well, and I can surely understand that. Clearly you can't, because you can't figure out how that big ball of light comes out in the sky everyday. Please, rethink what you are talking about and come back later when coherent.

rock (2/20/2008)
rock (2/20/2008)

he did it it just took him 3 posts to get it all out.....maybe his mouse is broken:)

Yea against a bunch of backups.

Why is Redman name even being brought up?What was his QB rating in that bucs game?Darn the guy has 2 average games sorry defenses and all of a sudden he is the answer.

Yep. Them darn Colts should have cut Manning when he threw those 6 picks in one game. (sarcasm off) Now since you are so enlightened when it comes to Redman, then how about giving us his average for the season. I'm sure you have no idea, so I'll enlighten you. In the five games he played in + the one play in the other, he accumulated 10 td's with 5 int's for 1,079 yards, totalling a QB rating of 90.4. That includes the game after the coward crept away in the night where he had the 0.0 qb rating.

And all of that with the same offense that Lefty and Bambi played with, yet he far out performed them both. It would be a crime if Harrington is kept and they let Redman walk. I might have to go to therapy sessions if I have to watch another offense led by Joey Harrington. That was like watching two snails race toward a pile a salt.:sick:

sporkdevil (2/20/2008)
Richard Nixon (2/20/2008)
He's played in one offense since high school, which we no longer run, there's a good chance that he's not going to fit in the new coaching staff's plans.

But Joey will? There is no question that Redman (for the first guy who replied, check the spelling) is the better QB. For a guy who hadn't started for years, and hadn't even been in the NFL for over a year to outperform Joey, no question, is astounding. And don't get it twisted, I don't think Redman should be starting on this team in 3 years. He is solid, and will play very well while we work out our franchise QB situation. And I would love to have him as our backup QB till he hits 35ish, because he prooved he can win us games. Which is more than what Joey has proven. Unless if TD has some FA QB who can start immediatly, this looks like a bad bad idea.

And I'm saying this now because Redman is not going to cost very much money. I know FA starts the 29th (or, right about there, it is a leap year right?), and I don't think it makes much sense to bring the starting QB down to the wire when they will cost much less than their impact on the team. I am just hoping they are actually planning on signing him, and we aren't planning on bringing in some scrub to waste most of our games. You know, like how Joey wasted most of our games. Or how we brought in Lefty, just to loose some games.

Redman also will cost money to keep with a new contract, and is no more the future than Harrington. Think of it this way; we're getting a young guy to be the future of the franchise, whoever the starter is will be a tackling dummy until that new guy is ready. We're not going to the playoffs next year, but we can build a bright future as long as no one is brought in too early.

Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/20/2008)Yea against a bunch of backups.

Someone didn't watch the game! I would hate to say all of this again, but they played their starters. Most played into the 3rd and 4th quarter, and Hasselbeck went out after he injured his hand. We kept pace with all of their starters the entire game. That was with Trufant, Kerney, Babz, Hasselbeck, and just about everyone. They started the second half with their starters. Please, stay off the pipe.

sporkdevil (2/20/2008)
Rev.Jesse Jackson. (2/20/2008)Yea against a bunch of backups.

Someone didn't watch the game! I would hate to say all of this again, but they played their starters. Most played into the 3rd and 4th quarter, and Hasselbeck went out after he injured his hand. We kept pace with all of their starters the entire game. That was with Trufant, Kerney, Babz, Hasselbeck, and just about everyone. They started the second half with their starters. Please, stay off the pipe.

They didn't care they really wasn't playin with passion.

Vicious (2/20/2008)

Yep. Them darn Colts should have cut Manning when he threw those 6 picks in one game. (sarcasm off) Now since you are so enlightened when it comes to Redman, then how about giving us his average for the season. I'm sure you have no idea, so I'll enlighten you. In the five games he played in + the one play in the other, he accumulated 10 td's with 5 int's for 1,079 yards, totalling a QB rating of 90.4. That includes the game after the coward crept away in the night where he had the 0.0 qb rating.

And all of that with the same offense that Lefty and Bambi played with, yet he far out performed them both. It would be a crime if Harrington is kept and they let Redman walk. I might have to go to therapy sessions if I have to watch another offense led by Joey Harrington. That was like watching two snails race toward a pile a salt.:sick:

Actually, I think some of that offense wasn't the same. Weiner was out for part of his run. Someone else too... I can't remember. It's gettin' late. Good points, though. I can see why they would keep either/or, but if they've got to cut one or the other, I hope it's Joey.

They didn't care they really wasn't playin with passion.

How would have any idea? You thought Seattle played their starters their whole game! Now you think none of them played with passion? You have no idea what you are talking about, but you act like you do. You are flat out wrong, and you are making excuses for why we won. I was at the game, which was a **** of a game.

But if Seattle didn't play with passion, why would Atlanta play with passion? We weren't in the playoffs? Our win did nothing but drop us down in the draft? Atlanta playing with passion makes less sense than Seattle playing with passion. And keep your response short, so you don't really answer a question, but it would seem like you feel like you are right anyways, despite being dead wrong.

Actually, I think some of that offense wasn't the same. Weiner was out for part of his run. Someone else too... I can't remember. It's gettin' late. Good points, though. I can see why they would keep either/or, but if they've got to cut one or the other, I hope it's Joey.

It was for the most part. There were a few injuries (that may be an understatement), but overall the skill positions remained the same. Redman read the defense, made quick decisions as to where he was going with the ball, mostly put the ball only where the receiver could catch the ball or hit them in stride, and didn't take unnecessary sacks like Harrington did. My wife doesn't really watch football all that much and was yelling at Harrington to throw the ball. I actually was anticipating the next play with Redman at the helm, and with Harrington I was always terrified of the next play. My heart can't take any more of the torture he put me through.