Hall endorses Maxie, Link= is the Dallas News .

Draftnut57

Hall endorses Maxie

5:56 PM Wed, Feb 20, 2008 | Permalink

Albert Breer E-mail News tips

DeAngelo Hall wasn't saying that he wanted to come to Dallas (though he didn't say he doesn't want to come to Dallas). And he's not the type to be PC just for the heck of it.

So I believed him today when he declared Brett Maxie a great addition to the Cowboys coaching staff. Maxie, who coach the secondary with Dave Campo, was Hall's secondary coach in Atlanta from 2004-06.

"I was fortunate enough to play under him for three years," Hall said. "Under him, I got my first and second Pro Bowl, so that says it all."

Even with the Bobby Petrino Era long since bagged, Hall could find his way out. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Falcons are weighing their options. And as such, Hall is keeping quiet on the possibility of a reunion with Maxie in Big D.

"That's all speculation right now," Hall said. "We'll talk about that later."

Hmmm ....

falconsstomp (2/20/2008)
you expect him to say something bad about the man that coached him his whole nfl career. i have a feeling this is gonna be taken the wrong way by alot of people on this board. thats just like all the players on the jaguars endorsed us hire mike smith, does that mean they want to be falcons?? NO!!!!

:blink:

falconsstomp (2/20/2008)
you expect him to say something bad about the man that coached him his whole nfl career. i have a feeling this is gonna be taken the wrong way by alot of people on this board. thats just like all the players on the jaguars endorsed us hire mike smith, does that mean they want to be falcons?? NO!!!!

it also just so happens the cowboys need a stud corner opposite Newman.

and i bet you Hall would be delighted to be reunited with Maxie, as well as play for such a storied franchise as the cowboys.

Let me say that Hall said nothing inappropriate. He obviously likes Maxie and he paid the man a compliment. He could have said a lot more. And, a younger Hall would have. Instead, he gave Maxie some credit for his success. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe this is a sign of Hall's maturation.

It is pretty obvious that the Falcons plan to trade Hall. The new defense being installed does not rely on a high-end CB like Hall. We will need CB's that can muscle WR's to the middle of the field. The feeling is that the cap space could be spent on other positions of need. It doesn't mean that the money will be spent immediately, but it does mean that the FO is thinking ahead.

We will all miss Hall (if he is traded). However, if all goes according to plan, our defense could improve overall.

If we can trade Hall for Dallas' two first rounders and another solid player, then we should do it. Keep in mind that if Dallas trades for Hall, they will also have the chore of signing him. That may make signing a player like Hamlin a little more difficult. So, trading with Dallas could be the best case scenario.

That wouldn't be a surpise in the least. I mean why wouldn't you expect it, thats been the team I expected him to go to if he got traded since people started burning him alive like 7 months ago. I would have to say that it might completely kill my spirit to see another falcons draft pick doing amazing things in Dallas wearing 21. I say why dont we trade Norwood to Greenbay?

2004 Champ Bailey + 2nd Round (Tatum Bell) to Broncos in exchange for Portis from the Redskins.

Deangelo will suck up a large part of the cap we just gained. Offer Dallas Hall for Barber plus their 28th overall since they have 2 in the 1st.

Deion Hall can now complete his transformation in assuming he is the second coming of Sanders.

phattywankenobi (2/21/2008)
2004 Champ Bailey + 2nd Round (Tatum Bell) to Broncos in exchange for Portis from the Redskins.

Deangelo will suck up a large part of the cap we just gained. Offer Dallas Hall for Barber plus their 28th overall since they have 2 in the 1st.

Deion Hall can now complete his transformation in assuming he is the second coming of Sanders.

Forget Tatum Bell, just between Portis and Bailey who got the better of that deal? I don't see Portis' name being thrown around as the best RB, he seems to stay hurt actually, which kind of hurts, either way I think its obvious the the Broncos got the better of the deal.

Warningx13 (2/21/2008)
phattywankenobi (2/21/2008)

Forget Tatum Bell, just between Portis and Bailey who got the better of that deal? I don't see Portis' name being thrown around as the best RB, he seems to stay hurt actually, which kind of hurts, either way I think its obvious the the Broncos got the better of the deal.

I said that to lend perspective to a possible extra pick not to say who the best player was. Stupid trade for the Skins. It should be a lesson for this team not to mortgage the future for one player.