XBOX 360 Wired Headset problem

Im having some problems with my headset. Its the original one that came with the system. I can talk through it, but I cant hear others through the headset. I had to switch the sound to play through the TV, which sounds horrible and I can barely hear others. Should I just buy a new one or call microsoft? See I broke the plastic part that goes over your head, and duct taped it back together. Didnt mess up the mic though. Any suggestions?

gamecocknfire (2/20/2008)
Im having some problems with my headset. Its the original one that came with the system. I can talk through it, but I cant hear others through the headset. I had to switch the sound to play through the TV, which sounds horrible and I can barely hear others. Should I just buy a new one or call microsoft? See I broke the plastic part that goes over your head, and duct taped it back together. Didnt mess up the mic though. Any suggestions?

Just get a new one. Probably less trouble than dealing with MS especially since you actually broke the headset and that may be related to the problem.

They're only like 15 bucks right?

Remarkable (2/21/2008)
Wireless mics are GARBAGE. I have never met someone with a wireless mic who didn't regret their purchase. You can get the same ****** quality without the charge time for less than half the price. Wireless mics are pointless anyways unless you are indeed a giraffe.

Well some of my friends do call me "giraffe" because how tall I am. :ermm:

Remarkable (2/21/2008)
Wireless mics are GARBAGE. I have never met someone with a wireless mic who didn't regret their purchase. You can get the same ****** quality without the charge time for less than half the price. Wireless mics are pointless anyways unless you are indeed a giraffe.

The design for the wired 360 mic sucks. Wired mics suck in general. No one wants to be tethered to their console (PS3) or to their controller (360). Having to carry your controller around like a tool when you're on voice chat is poor design.

I'd kill for a bluetooth mic for the 360.

I started getting that problem with my wired headset. I chose to buy the Halo version wireless headset because it had better reviews on places like Bestbuy and Gamestop than the regular white wireless headset. I do not regret dishing out $49.99 for this because its not a hassle with plugging into my controller. Have you ever seen yourself with that wired headset on, its an eyesore, wireless headset fits on one ear and all u need is to plug into the USB on a computer or your 360 to charge

btrain5489 (2/23/2008)
Remarkable (2/21/2008)

The design for the wired 360 mic sucks. Wired mics suck in general. No one wants to be tethered to their console (PS3) or to their controller (360). Having to carry your controller around like a tool when you're on voice chat is poor design.

I'd kill for a bluetooth mic for the 360.

I didn't know people walked around the house while they talked to someone on XBL. I play games while I talk so the wired mic is 1000x better than the wireless one.