Trading #21 would be stupid...

Absolute

Two of the top 3 FA CBs this offseason have now been franchised by their current team.

Trufant - Seattle

Asomugha - Oakland

What makes anyone think that we would win a bidding war for Asante Samuel? Why would we give up our best DB for an unknown-unknown? Is it worth it? If we trade him, what do we have to look forward to? A trade for another CB? That would make trading #21 not worth it. To me, its simple: We sign him to a deal and use the draft/FA to help make this team better.

Is there anyone who disagrees?

2004 - 11-5 (Hall injured for 6 games, 6-4, 60% wins with Hall.)

2005 - 8-8, 50% wins

2006 7-9, 44% wins

2007 4-12, 25% wins

2004 Tells the true story. Hall was injured part of the year and didn't play.

Without Hall: 5-1, 83% wins

With Hall: 6-4, 60% wins

Throw out 2007. With Hall in the lineup in 2004-2007 we only won 50% of the games (21 wins, 21 losses).

2005 - 8-8, 50% wins

2006 7-9, 44% wins

2007 4-12, 25% wins

Throw out 2007. With Hall in the lineup in 2004-2007 we only won 50% of the games (21 wins, 21 losses).

This is possibly one of the dumbest posts of all time! So Hall is playing all the other 21 positions on the team? You are blaming HIM for Jason Webster, Lewis Sanders, Allan Rossum, Michael Vick, Warrick Dunn, Keith Brooking, Peerless Price, Wayne Gandy, etc? Wow! I have now seen it all.

Trading him wouldn't be stupid. Keeping him a Falcon would be. Dimitroff has stressed character since becoming the GM. I've read that Hall will not play unless he gets a contract extension. The 2 don't mix.

I hope he gets traded or if they have to cut him outright that will be fine with me too. Either way, I hope he doesn't wear a Falcon jersey in 08.

Brookhaven (2/20/2008)

2005 - 8-8, 50% wins

2006 7-9, 44% wins

2007 4-12, 25% wins

woooow. you single out 04 and say it makes the biggest difference, but wasnt hall a rookie that year?

P.W.homer (2/20/2008)
It is all about the money, if they do not think they can sign him long term than I think they would be stupid not to trade him.

Bad post,

you make it seem as if he is solely responsible for wins and losses. To be truthfull, 2004-2007, he is only responsible for one loss at Carolina because of his temper.

We definitely need to hang onto Hall for now. People say he won't have a big role in the new defense but we won't know how he does until we see it this year. If he's not needed afterwards then we can franchise him and trade him, unless he's still under contract.

I love Hall and hope he does well in the defense and gets signed long term.

Absolute (2/20/2008)
neko (2/20/2008)
i disagree.

Would you like to expand on this for the rest of us, sir?

here is what i wrote in another thread some time ago. i didnt expand on this because i didnt want to waste my breath having another debate about this. my apologies for responding in the first place.

"Hall is an exceptional player, and I dont think his outbursts have been such a big deal. I would love for him to stay on this team. However, being quite reasonable, I think it is very possible he will not be a part of this team. It is possible the new coaching staff does not feel comfortable with Hall's ability to maintain his ego from interfering with the team culture that they are attempting to produce. But more significantly, Smith ran a Cover 2 defense in Jax. In such a scheme, generally, a team does not need, nor should pay, high-priced CBs. It will be Hall's desire to want a big paycheck, which he should get, but which we should pass on. I imagine we will see a move towards bigger, more physical CBs who cost less to retain."

in regards to your post, i also disagree with the idea of replacing him with another high priced corner. imho we dont need such contracts at that position any longer.

neko (2/20/2008)
Absolute (2/20/2008)
neko (2/20/2008)
i disagree.

Would you like to expand on this for the rest of us, sir?

here is what i wrote in another thread some time ago. i didnt expand on this because i didnt want to waste my breath having another debate about this. my apologies for responding in the first place.

"Hall is an exceptional player, and I dont think his outbursts have been such a big deal. I would love for him to stay on this team. However, being quite reasonable, I think it is very possible he will not be a part of this team. It is possible the new coaching staff does not feel comfortable with Hall's ability to maintain his ego from interfering with the team culture that they are attempting to produce. But more significantly, Smith ran a Cover 2 defense in Jax. In such a scheme, generally, a team does not need, nor should pay, high-priced CBs. It will be Hall's desire to want a big paycheck, which he should get, but which we should pass on. I imagine we will see a move towards bigger, more physical CBs who cost less to retain."

in regards to your post, i also disagree with the idea of replacing him with another high priced corner. imho we dont need such contracts at that position any longer.

well most people want to replace him with asante who will probably be the most expensive corner in the NFL this FA.

bossFALCON (2/20/2008)
Brookhaven (2/20/2008)

2005 - 8-8, 50% wins

2006 7-9, 44% wins

2007 4-12, 25% wins

woooow. you single out 04 and say it makes the biggest difference, but wasnt hall a rookie that year?

And wasn't that also the year we were the best WITH Hall in the lineup? So you're saying we shouldn't judge on his rookie year, but on the years where we only won 44% & 50% of our games with Hall in the lineup? OK.

bossFALCON (2/20/2008)

well most people want to replace him with asante who will probably be the most expensive corner in the NFL this FA.

i think that is a logical solution, though not one that has been given much thought. why dump hall to pay someone else big money?

asante is not even on my radar. personally i think JWill could make a heck of a cover 2 CB.

Brookhaven (2/20/2008)
bossFALCON (2/20/2008)
Brookhaven (2/20/2008)

2005 - 8-8, 50% wins

2006 7-9, 44% wins

2007 4-12, 25% wins

And wasn't that also the year we were the best WITH Hall in the lineup? So you're saying we shouldn't judge on his rookie year, but on the years where we only won 44% & 50% of our games with Hall in the lineup? OK.

no i just think it is hard to put a w/l record on a corner not to mention a rookie. there is no way that you can tell me RIGHT THIS MOMENT we are a better team with hall OFF the field.

Dr. Doom (2/20/2008)
P.W.homer (2/20/2008)
It is all about the money, if they do not think they can sign him long term than I think they would be stupid not to trade him.

Bad post,

you make it seem as if he is solely responsible for wins and losses. To be truthfull, 2004-2007, he is only responsible for one loss at Carolina because of his temper.

What?

P.W.homer (2/20/2008)
maybe, but it all starts on the lines, that has to be first. I like hall but he is not a difference maker on this team with the defensive line the way it is.

I agree but thats my point. Build the pieces and keep the players that are here that have potential to be great (or are great). Why just trade it away because some fans get all upset cause he plays with swagger? ****, Asante Samuel was threatening to hold out till week 10 if the Pats franchised him. That sure doesn't sound like a team player to me.