KFFL news bits

Statick

(sorry if already posted)

Falcons | Team expected to tender C. Davis' contract

Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:12:35 -0800

Steve Wyche, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons are expected to tender the contract of DL Chauncey Davis by Feb. 29.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Team expected to tender Boley's contract

Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:11:26 -0800

Steve Wyche, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons are expected to tender the contract of LB Michael Boley by Feb. 29. Boley is expected to be tagged with a first-round tender, which means any team that signs him to an offer sheet must compensate the Falcons with a first-round pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Team wants to keep Hall

Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:48:21 -0800

Steve Wyche, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons want to keep CB DeAngelo Hall. Hall has one year left on his contract, but said he will not play in 2008 without a contract extension. "DeAngelo is a top-notch talent, and we're still evaluating," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. "I know coach Smith definitely wants him on the team. He makes this team better." The Falcons have not committed long-term with Hall and are exploring trade possibilities.

Signing Boley long-term would be ideal; he's motivated and has proven his ability on the field.

Davis has been serviceable in relief efforts...good back due to Abe's injury history.

I'm still up-in-the-air on DHall; even if they do tender him they could be just seeking compensation if another teams signs him to an offer sheet.

I've heard many on this board say that Davis wasn't good and needs to go too. I won't name names, because frankly I can't remember specifically who was saying that. But I've seen him play pretty well at times, although I have to say I don't remember seeing him play all that much.

Definitely happy about Boley & Hall! :)

Oops. Misread that about Hall. I'll just say I hope they find a way to keep him, or if they do trade him that we get a sweet sweet deal.

falconfoozball (2/20/2008)
I've heard many on this board say that Davis wasn't good and needs to go too. I won't name names, because frankly I can't remember specifically who was saying that. But I've seen him play pretty well at times, although I have to say I don't remember seeing him play all that much.

Definitely happy about Boley & Hall! :)

I've said before that he's not good as a starter, but he's a decent backup.

I cant believe it is only a round one tender on Boley. I can see someone like SEA going and making him an offer w a poison pill, and us only getting a 20s (or later) pick for him.

I would expect a 1&3 tender. I mean 2.5M isnt alot of pay for what Boley brings to this team. He is arguably the best defensive player we have.

Statick (2/20/2008)
(sorry if already posted)

Falcons | Team expected to tender C. Davis' contract

Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:12:35 -0800

Steve Wyche, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons are expected to tender the contract of DL Chauncey Davis by Feb. 29.

Falcons | Team expected to tender Boley's contract

Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:11:26 -0800

Steve Wyche, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons are expected to tender the contract of LB Michael Boley by Feb. 29. Boley is expected to be tagged with a first-round tender, which means any team that signs him to an offer sheet must compensate the Falcons with a first-round pick.

Falcons | Team wants to keep Hall

Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:48:21 -0800

Steve Wyche, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Atlanta Falcons want to keep CB DeAngelo Hall. Hall has one year left on his contract, but said he will not play in 2008 without a contract extension. "DeAngelo is a top-notch talent, and we're still evaluating," Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. "I know coach Smith definitely wants him on the team. He makes this team better." The Falcons have not committed long-term with Hall and are exploring trade possibilities.

Good news all around if its legit. Wyche is normally reliable. Anyways why would they not want to sign Boley to a long-term deal now? I hope we can lock up DHall long term. He is one of the only players we have left who will not only sell jerseys and put fans in the stand but will also bring energy to the team! He just needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut, which he got better at last year.