Should Falcons Try to Get Donovan McNabb?

F-M-X

They have money left over after the Vick Scandal, and after watching ESPN, Good Call-Bad Call, they were talking about Eagles trading McNabb. Do you think that the Falcons should try to acquire him? Think about it, he's experienced, a good arm, pretty fast, and still has a lot in him. He could be the older Mike Vick lol. I think that Falcons should definately try to get him.

JRob215 (2/20/2008)
Absolutely not. You find the franchise QB through the draft, not free agency.

we are not looking for a franchise QB for next season..i mean yea we are, but no rookie is gonna start his first season thats just how it goes, so why not bring in mcnugget to groom him? imagine our franchise qb being grommed by harrington, or redmond, or even shockley...IMAGINE THAT..

Same Ol Falcons (2/20/2008)
I've liked McNabb since he wore the ugliest Orange and Blue combination ever but he has been beat into the ground and picking him up would be another Ravens/McNair marriage and you see how that has worked out.

Ravens and McNair worked out great for one season when the Ravens finished 13-3.

Folks, we need to win now, not go on some 5 year rebuilding process.

the evil emperor (2/20/2008)
Same Ol Falcons (2/20/2008)
I've liked McNabb since he wore the ugliest Orange and Blue combination ever but he has been beat into the ground and picking him up would be another Ravens/McNair marriage and you see how that has worked out.

Ravens and McNair worked out great for one season when the Ravens finished 13-3.

Exactly what I think. I mean, we released Crumpler so we can "Re-Build" our team. YEah maybe that might work out after a few years, but we want to win now. And the best way to win would be for us to get McNabb, therefore he can teach our new picks, and maybe even lead us to a better record.

the evil emperor (2/20/2008)

And you call yourself a Falcon Fan? Or are you just one when they are winning. Champions and dynasties are built over a couple of off seasons. i.e Cowboys, Steelers, 49's, Patriots, Packers. It took those teams at least 2 off seasons to get their teams together and win. Going out and trying to get players just to win now WILL not work look at the Redskins. We need to be patient and let those guys do their job. Remember we have never had back to back winning seasons in ATL.

i think redman will do the same job mcnabb would. granted we would have to re-sign redman but the eagles arent just giving up mcnabb for a little trade like a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year. they would want a blockbuster trade for the guy. something that im sure a lot of you would not be happy to see. im talking about our firsts or some of our key players.

DANIEL JONES (2/20/2008)
JRob215 (2/20/2008)
Absolutely not. You find the franchise QB through the draft, not free agency.

I would not call McNabb a franchise QB at this point in his career. If the price is right he would make a great transition guy while we groom a replacement.

What exactly is a franchise QB?