Dimitroff on 790 yesterday

geraldg

Based on what this dude said yesterday, both will be on the roster in 2008. In talking about Brooking, he said that Brooking still had good range and was all over the field last year:blink:. He also said that he would definately be in the LB mix this year. Steak asked him about a possible contract restructure and Dimitroff said that neither Keith or his agent have been approached with a restructure deal. Basically was saying that there is no need, because he will be here.

On Dunn, he said that he felt that Dunn had plenty left in the tank and he could succeed in Atlanta and be very productive.

After hearing this interview, I had a couple of questions, HOW OLD WERE THE GAME TAPES THEY WERE WATCHING IN EVALUATING THOSE TWO? WAS THE FOOTAGE SUPPLIED BY ARTHUR BLANK?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we also have to base his observations on how much of a positive locker room influence Brooking and Dunn are in the locker room and in the community. I still think both can be productive on the field, present a professional image for the team, and have a good leadership presence in the locker room.

Like I said , TD is a smart man , I would be a little surpriced they don't get a Bigger back but as for Brooking , No way they let him go . I do think Dunn has a lot left , I just thought they would want a differant type back , I do think these two players are two of the best pros on our team , on and off the field.

I think they might focus on building the lines and possibly rely on Dunn and Norwood. I still think Dunn will be alright when he has blockers, but he'll probably play second fiddle to Norwood if our coach has any sense.

I also think that until we get a guy and see what he can do, we will hold off cutting Dunn. Duckett had sucked for a season and we waited to see what our draft pick in Norwood could do before we had the security to released TJ.

I'm an Arthur Blank fan as far as owning my favorite franchise is concerned, but as far as him making football decisions, I'm a head-on detractor...

I might be reading too far into this, but there is not a front office in the NFL that thinks Dunn is starting RB material and that he should be getting paid like he is for the role he's providing...

This has Mr. Blank written all over it...

I don't even want to start with Brooking...

geraldg (2/20/2008)
Based on what this dude said yesterday, both will be on the roster in 2008. In talking about Brooking, he said that Brooking still had good range and was all over the field last year:blink:. He also said that he would definately be in the LB mix this year. Steak asked him about a possible contract restructure and Dimitroff said that neither Keith or his agent have been approached with a restructure deal. Basically was saying that there is no need, because he will be here.

On Dunn, he said that he felt that Dunn had plenty left in the tank and he could succeed in Atlanta and be very productive.

After hearing this interview, I had a couple of questions, HOW OLD WERE THE GAME TAPES THEY WERE WATCHING IN EVALUATING THOSE TWO? WAS THE FOOTAGE SUPPLIED BY ARTHUR BLANK?

Hey, some of us thought the same thing about Kerney and now look at him...

geraldg (2/20/2008)

Two things :

When Brooking is moved back to his normal position, he will be fine. He has more leadership qualities in his pinkie finger than Vick or Hall have in their entire family tree.

With excellent blocking, Dunn will be a premier permormer. He has forgotten more about his position than most RB's will ever know kon the roster. Also, tremendous leadership.

FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a new concept to the fans of the Falcons..............victims of 42 years of terrible mis-management, ineptness, arrogance, stupidity, and failure.

IT's a NEW day. Get ready for a professional team...............for a change.

Draftnut57 (2/20/2008)
Like I said , TD is a smart man , I would be a little surpriced they don't get a Bigger back but as for Brooking , No way they let him go . I do think Dunn has a lot left , I just thought they would want a differant type back , I do think these two players are two of the best pros on our team , on and off the field.

I'm pretty sure Duckett was gone when we drafted Norwood.

Didn't he spend 2 seasons in Washington before this last season with Detroit?

...but on topic, I'm glad it sounds like we are keeping Brooking. With a DL in front of him for a little protection and moving out of the middle, I think he will be productive through the rest of his contract.

Dunn, however, I'm not as sure. He didn't have the benefit of a line, either, but he's never been that consistent. He'd have a loss, a loss, gain one, and 5 tries later gain 15. I greatly prefer he back who'll get 3.5 or 4 every time. That's what sets up the pass.

rugger8 (2/20/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/20/2008)

...but on topic, I'm glad it sounds like we are keeping Brooking. With a DL in front of him for a little protection and moving out of the middle, I think he will be productive through the rest of his contract.

Dunn, however, I'm not as sure. He didn't have the benefit of a line, either, but he's never been that consistent. He'd have a loss, a loss, gain one, and 5 tries later gain 15. I greatly prefer he back who'll get 3.5 or 4 every time. That's what sets up the pass.

duckett was gone i think duckett spent one season with washington and one with detroit. norwood's first season was mora's last year and also the same year we go lelie for duckett in that 3 way trade.

We traded Duckett after Norwood made his huge run in the preseason(against Arizona I think).

Edit: It was against the Titans when Norwood had a 64 yard run and finished with 9 rushes for 109 yeards. We traded TJ the following week in August.

formul8or (2/20/2008)

We traded Duckett after Norwood made his huge run in the preseason(against Arizona I think).

oh i thought you were talking about the regular season game. sounds like you're right.

got this from wikipedia:

Duckett was traded from the Falcons to the Redskins as part of a three-team deal on August 23, 2006, involving the Denver Broncos. The Redskins traded a draft pick to the Broncos, the Broncos traded Wide Receiver Ashley Lelie to the Falcons, and the Redskins received Duckett from the Falcons. He took minimal snaps with the team and the trade was a point of controversy with fans. He signed a two-year, $1.363 million contract with the last year voidable.

Bring It (2/20/2008)
geraldg (2/20/2008)

Two things :

When Brooking is moved back to his normal position, he will be fine. He has more leadership qualities in his pinkie finger than Vick or Hall have in their entire family tree.

With excellent blocking, Dunn will be a premier permormer. He has forgotten more about his position than most RB's will ever know kon the roster. Also, tremendous leadership.

FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a new concept to the fans of the Falcons..............victims of 42 years of terrible mis-management, ineptness, arrogance, stupidity, and failure.

Since so many call Keith Brooking the locker room leader, can someone please tell me where has he led this team? It's funny how the only people calling him a leader are the ones on this message board.

Please get rid of those two guys. We have to stop acting like they are still in their prime. They have been in this game for a long time and it shows. I want fresh, new and young talent that will explode on to the scene. Getting rid of Crump and Coleman is a good start but I would rather keep Crump and Coleman than Dunn and Brooking. Brook and Dunn are great character guys but I am not sold by their production. Brook cant hang with anybody anymore and Dunn cant break a tackle or run past anyone unless the line creates a huge hole. Plain and simple, get rid of these two guys now cause they are dead weight. If we are going to start something special, we need to get rid of the garbage that brought us here.

Bring It (2/20/2008)
geraldg (2/20/2008)

Two things :

Well said, "Bring It"! I could not have put it better myself!

FalconsFor6 (2/20/2008)
I'm an Arthur Blank fan as far as owning my favorite franchise is concerned, but as far as him making football decisions, I'm a head-on detractor...

I might be reading too far into this, but there is not a front office in the NFL that thinks Dunn is starting RB material and that he should be getting paid like he is for the role he's providing...

This has Mr. Blank written all over it...

I keep giving Blank the benefit of the doubt and then I see this kind of stuff.

I think you are correct.

I don't even want to start with Brooking...