Uh Oh! Obama had substance in his speech in Houston last night...

deathdawg

Obama all the way, I have NEVER heard a politician like this! I have watched many of the JFK Speeches and I think Obama speaks to MORE people's hearts... Even the world is paying attention to our PRIMARIES!!!! Obama will be good for our PLANET!!!

WISDOM vs. EXPERIENCE

I CHOOSE WISDOM!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

deathdawg (2/20/2008)
Obama all the way, I have NEVER heard a politician like this! I have watched many of the JFK Speeches and I think Obama speaks to MORE people's hearts... Even the world is paying attention to our PRIMARIES!!!! Obama will be good for our PLANET!!!

WISDOM vs. EXPERIENCE

I CHOOSE WISDOM!!!

Sorry, but I can't view that at work.

What did he say that was so profound and new?

eatcorn (2/20/2008)
Steve_Bartkowski (2/20/2008)
An Obama speech with substance? I am shocked! Does anyone have a text transcript so I can see if it is really true?

So you'll spend hours digging up links and innuendo to find fault, but won't do 30 seconds of seeking for this speech?

Why?

he's afraid that he might like what he sees.

Well, I got to the 2 minute mark and had to stop it because it only took that long to find a contradiction and a class warfare battle cry.

I'm curious if people actually evaluate what's being said, and not the manner by which it's said?

Starts off with free/subsidized/universal health care from the government. Then immediately follows that up to say that he believes in the free market and saying that "Texans believe in entrepreneurship." And I quote, "We are an independent and self reliant people, and we don't believe in government doing what we can do for ourselves." Um....except health care, or jobs, or ......

Then he rails against "overpaid" CEO's. Of course Rex Tillerson, the CEO of Exxon, and the most profitable company in the US and the world, that employs over 100,000 people, including nearly 70k in the US, made $13 Million last year. Meanwhile, George Clooney made $25 Million. Why doesn't he rail on the overpayment of Hollywood actors who create few jobs, if any?

And rich is anyone that makes over $75k a year, as he's going to raise taxes on everyone at or above that income level, including families with combined incomes greater than $100k. Of course, that bracket already pays over 70% of all income taxes, so who else can you raise taxes on to pay for the "make it rain" Obama agenda?

thesouphead (2/20/2008)

No I'm not really a big fan of left wing liberalism. I caught portions of the speech last night. He's promising a **** of a lot but didn't say how we were going to pay for it. That should sound alarm bells in people's heads.

I just wanted a text copy of the speech so I could check it for substance and accuracy.

I'm sure that a conservative slander machine will do that for you by Noon or so.

Well, I got to the 2 minute mark and had to stop it because it only took that long to find a contradiction and a class warfare battle cry.

I'm curious if people actually evaluate what's being said, and not the manner by which it's said?

Starts off with free/subsidized/universal health care from the government. Then immediately follows that up to say that he believes in the free market and saying that "Texans believe in entrepreneurship." And I quote, "We are an independent and self reliant people, and we don't believe in government doing what we can do for ourselves." Um....except health care, or jobs, or ......

Then he rails against "overpaid" CEO's. Of course Rex Tillerson, the CEO of Exxon, and the most profitable company in the US and the world, that employs over 100,000 people, including nearly 70k in the US, made $13 Million last year. Meanwhile, George Clooney made $25 Million. Why doesn't he rail on the overpayment of Hollywood actors who create few jobs, if any?

And rich is anyone that makes over $75k a year, as he's going to raise taxes on everyone at or above that income level, including families with combined incomes greater than $100k. Of course, that bracket already pays over 70% of all income taxes, so who else can you raise taxes on to pay for the "make it rain" Obama agenda?

Wow...:unsure:

...and thanks for the recap.

Seems like another year to vote for the lesser of two evils.

No I'm not really a big fan of left wing liberalism. I caught portions of the speech last night. He's promising a **** of a lot but didn't say how we were going to pay for it. That should sound alarm bells in people's heads.

I just wanted a text copy of the speech so I could check it for substance and accuracy.

we know you are not a fan of intellectualism and all that silly stuff....you don;'t have to remind us.

When we bring our troops home, we will be saving $1,000,000.00 each hour. I am sure Obama will be able to find other creative ways to save money.

ATLBear (2/20/2008) Meanwhile, George Clooney made $25 Million. Why doesn't he rail on the overpayment of Hollywood actors who create few jobs, if any?

I am pretty sure people work at the movie theaters, blockbuster, netflix and I am also pretty sure that when movies are made, the casts consist of many more people besides the actor and the camera man.

thesouphead (2/20/2008)
ATLBear (2/20/2008) Meanwhile, George Clooney made $25 Million. Why doesn't he rail on the overpayment of Hollywood actors who create few jobs, if any?

I am pretty sure people work at the movie theaters, blockbuster, netflix and I am also pretty sure that when movies are made, the casts consist of many more people besides the actor and the camera man.

You can thank companies like Sony, Fox, and Viacom for those jobs, along with Blockbuster and entrepreneurs who start companies like Netflix. Furthermore, the movie Producers put together the money and deals to make a film happen.

thesouphead (2/20/2008)

Is your g00gle broke?

eheh

Statick (2/20/2008)

Your lesser of two evils vote hasn't done too well the last 8 years and Americans are ready for change, and progressive thought is that change. Your antique though is on it's way out, progressives will become the mass majority over the next decade and thanks to democracy your selfish, war mongering, fear mongering tactics will be the history of America. Getting past neo-conservatism may not stand out in history as much as slavery, civil rights and womens rights; but our progressive movement will write the future of America and lead the world into the new century bringing the HOPE of freedom back to our planet.

Statick (2/20/2008)

Your lesser of two evils vote hasn't done too well the last 8 years and Americans are ready for change, and progressive thought is that change. Your antique though is on it's way out, progressives will become the mass majority over the next decade and thanks to democracy your selfish, war mongering, fear mongering tactics will be the history of America. Getting past neo-conservatism may not stand out in history as much as slavery, civil rights and womens rights; but our progressive movement will write the future of America and lead the world into the new century bringing the HOPE of freedom back to our planet.