Brooking and Dunn haven't been cut. I guess they will be on the team in 2008.

Jedi-Falcon

This is the kind of crap that keeps bad teams from getting good really fast. The Dolphins let Zach Thomas go, so why not let Brooking go. And Warrick Dunn only functions well in a cut-back/zone-blocking Offenense. Not exactly Mularkley's style, to say the least. What's the point of keeping them here other than "fan love"?

Get rid of them now. Start rebuilding NOW.

Rev AL Sharpton (2/20/2008)
Blank is trying to save the "Homes for the Holidays" program:cool:

This public relations b.s. is getting old and doesn't mean squat. Instead of giving "homes for the holidays" tell those women to get a **** job and pay their own bills - like the rest of us have to do.

Yea, I'd love a free home from Warrick Dunn, but I aint going to get one. And neither are most of you, and it's certainly not winning any games for the Falcons on Sunday.

Time to move on. Take the charity elsewhere. Give me the Wins.

bossFALCON (2/20/2008)
i doubt we have seen the last of the cuts.

My post is gonna be an exact replica. I would like to see them stay and excel though. People think if a player has one bad season they will be down for eternity. If the same old guys can bring them into a winning season or even better (to the playoffs,) that would keep the fans on these players backs, wouldn't it?

we haven't

" More player cuts: To get to the projected baseline of $23 million in salary-cap space, Atlanta will need to trim more than $6 million off its existing payroll. Dimitroff said Tuesday that no decision had been made regarding the roster but left little doubt that more changes could be in store following the release of seven players on Friday.

per AJC

I do think that we will restructure brooking's contract or we will cut him and resign him like isac bruce did with the rams last year

I hate to say it but its over for dunn..he does not fit the falcon's scheme at all

As long as 56 ain't starting it will be an upgrade. H*ll let's get a poster of Brooking and sit in the middle of the defense, this way we can cut him and save the cap space, all the brooking fans will be satisfied because they will still get to see him in uniform. We won't lose much production because the poster won't attack the line just like brook, the rb will run around or thru him just like usual and sometimes they will trip over it while running it over and we can give the poster the tackle just like usual :P

J/K Brooking fans :P

cblack (2/20/2008)
As long as 56 ain't starting it will be an upgrade. H*ll let's get a poster of Brooking and sit in the middle of the defense, this way we can cut him and save the cap space, all the brooking fans will be satisfied because they will still get to see him in uniform. We won't lose much production because the poster won't attack the line just like brook, the rb will run around or thru him just like usual and sometimes they will trip over it while running it over and we can give the poster the tackle just like usual :P

Brooking tried to step in Jessie Tuggle's shoes.

They were too big.

If I was Keith Brooking, I wouldn't want to be a part of a re-build, I don't think most veterans would. If I was Brooking and towards the end of my career I would want to go to a place where I would have a legit shot at winning a SB...say a team like New England who is looking for a LB(s). So if loyalty is the real issue, then management should at least give him a chance to win a ring before he is done.

Daniel Chosen (2/20/2008)
If I was Keith Brooking, I wouldn't want to be a part of a re-build, I don't think most veterans would. If I was Brooking and towards the end of my career I would want to go to a place where I would have a legit shot at winning a SB...say a team like New England who is looking for a LB(s). So if loyalty is the real issue, then management should at least give him a chance to win a ring before he is done.

The average age of NE LBs is 42 yrs old. Brooking is too young to play for the Patriots.

Jedi-Falcon (2/20/2008)
Warrick Dunn was a good RB for the Falcons - during the Mora era. That era is gone. This organization has got to move on at some point. They cut Alge. They made a statement.

When you make a statement like that you have to stick to it.

We will now for sure in a few weeks if the FO is for real.....with their statement that is.

Jedi-Falcon (2/20/2008)
Maybe it's out of respect they will be allowed to retire a Falcon. That's the sucky part of trying to rebuild a terrible team - maintaining some loyalty to aged vets so the fans wont get pissed off.

Maybe they will leave in 2009 so we can actually upgrade the RB and LB position.

It's late & I've been working like crazy, but are Dunn & Brooking in the last year of their contracts? If not, I think it could be a decent possibility that they are June 1st cuts. IMO, Dunn more likely than Brooking, but you never know.

brooking is not as bad as yall make him out to be.....the man is not a MLB...thats like the jets switching Vilma to OLB and the broncos switching D.J Williams to MLB......thats not there positions so there play was down....brooking has at least 3 more good years in him....

atljbo (2/20/2008)
brooking is not as bad as yall make him out to be.....the man is not a MLB...thats like the jets switching Vilma to OLB and the broncos switching D.J Williams to MLB......thats not there positions so there play was down....brooking has at least 3 more good years in him....

Certainly not as good as you say he is with 3 more good years in him.

Jedi-Falcon (2/20/2008)
Maybe it's out of respect they will be allowed to retire a Falcon. That's the sucky part of trying to rebuild a terrible team - maintaining some loyalty to aged vets so the fans wont get pissed off.

Maybe they will leave in 2009 so we can actually upgrade the RB and LB position.

DON'T RUSH TO JUDGEMENT JEDI, THIS NEW GM SEEMS TO DO THINGS ON HIS OWN TIME TABLE. THEY HAVE NOT PUT THE KNIFE UP YET...............:)

cblack (2/20/2008)

Thats fukked up!! :w00t: haha I'm sorry Brooking fans, but kiss my azz that was funny as ****!! :w00t:

cblack (2/20/2008)

This is the best post I've seen regarding keeping this scrub on the roster. Too Funny!:D:D:D

Jedi-Falcon (2/20/2008)

If that was completely true, Crump would still be on the team. I have a feeling there will be news on Dunn and Brooking, hopefully a direct paycut. No link - just my thoughts.