Aint It Cool News confirms that Ryan Reynolds will have a cameo in the new Wolverine movie

Headshot

BigSlick (2/19/2008)
Headshot (2/19/2008)
As the most badass Marvel character ever

245.Deadpool_1.full.jpg

Is that Tiny Head? Seriously look how small his head is compared to the rest of his body.

Huh? Looks completely normal to me. It's an action figure though, not a real person, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Rick Beach (2/19/2008)
Pardon my ignorance, but I do not read comics.

Who exactly is that?

It's Deadpool...and Headshot is right...he's by far the badass of all badasses...I've been reading rumors that they've been trying to get Reynolds in the Deadpool character for a few years now....it was rumored that after Blade Trinity, they tried to go straight into a Deadpool movie, with Goyer writing and directing it, and Reynolds starrring...but somewhere along the way, it fell apart...script issues and whatnot...this is truly cool news...;)

Rick Beach (2/19/2008)
Pardon my ignorance, but I do not read comics.

Who exactly is that?

Deadpool.

He's a mercenary who was a part of the same Weapon X program that created Wolverine. Deadpool was given a "healing factor" to help combat his cancer that was taken from Wolverine's DNA strand, which mutated and left him disfigured and mentally unstable.

**** that was nerdy.

I hope his cameo is atleast worthy of Reynolds' time. I hope they don't show like a quick shot of him, becuse they'll never get enough hype for him in order for people to start demanding that he get his own movie.

There needs to be like a badass fight scene between Deadpool and Wolverine. I could imagine it looking so awesome too with Deadpool using his swords against Wolverine's claws.

Headshot (2/19/2008)
I hope his cameo is atleast worthy of Reynolds' time. I hope they don't show like a quick shot of him, becuse they'll never get enough hype for him in order for people to start demanding that he get his own movie.

There needs to be like a badass fight scene between Deadpool and Wolverine. I could imagine it looking so awesome too with Deadpool using his swords against Wolverine's claws.

While it would certainly be a cool scene I think it probably would run counter to the whole "cameo" thing.

From what I've read, it's not a cameo...but rather a guest starring appearence...he'll have more than just a passing line...he'll get a spot in the credits, thus making it something other than a cameo...he just had to give up top billing...which is interesting considering Hugh Jackman, as the main character, should've never been in jeopardy of not getting top billing...:blink: